What benifits do Engineers at levels 4 and 5 bring?

They don't do anything right now. From the wiki:

Level 0 engineers have no special abilities. At level 1, they can repack parachutes. At level 2, they can repair wheels. At level 3, they can repair lander legs. They gain no further abilities with additional levels

I think there were plans to let engineers calculate delta v but it wasn't done in time for 1.0. :)

It makes no sense to release before you finish your game.

Wow, harsh. Clearly someone's never developed software before. If you really want to see craft dV (and not do the math yourself, which can get boring after a while), you can install Kerbal Engineer, which gives you nice readouts for that sort of thing. Engineer kerbals also get those readouts, which is very nice.

To be fair, he has a point.

I use mechjeb which calculates dV. Also I made a custom flight window that shows my Ap, Pe and a couple of other things because it's annoying to have to switch to the map repeatedly for some basic information.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.