Steam, don't know whether 32 or 64bit, used the default after install

Win7 64bit, AMD Apu A-7850K, 16 GB DDR3

All Stock

Steps to replicate(it happend quite alot to me, but i do not know if it happend

each and every single time i used this feature):

raise apoapsis much higher than periapsis

warp-to near periapsis

Result:

warp-to will bring down warptime to 1x(arrows) and immediatly rise it up to 4x(arrows)

it seems to occur if one or more different warpzones are involved

(i usually have my periapsis arund 70km and my apoapsis sometimes

several Mkm out, i warp-to from short after to short before periapsis again and again, so it goes from x50 to x1000 or

x10000 in warp and then back, it sets time to x1, but raises it almost instantly to 4 arrows in the timewarp, i think this is x1000)

this is quite annoying, because i offen missed good launchwindows because of that

Workaround:

hold your finger over the decrease time-warp button in case this happens :D

kidding, warp-to next maneuver seem to work, i just dont use this often

cause i don't need a node to rise my apoapsis :D

I've seen this happen too. It happened in pre-release day streams as well. It is very broken. I've found it causes problems almost every time if your in an encounter with the Mun, create a maneuver node to circularize, and warp to maneuver node. It will zip right on by and ruin your mission. If I recall, in the stream (can't remember which streamer it was) he was doing the same but around Duna.

In addition to not working the button is too easy to click accidentally. It's in a really bad place.

I did it again, on my way to minmus. Pperiapsis was 100km and i warped from short after periapsis(after my 20s burn) to short before periapsis,

apoapsis was above 5 Mkm, it seems to occur if timewarp with 8-10 arrows is involved.

did some more testing, here is the persistent file, craft file and quicksave file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgetrb9ahdhw0nj/persistent.sfs?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gprb5iik5ozmwpk/quicksave%20%235.sfs?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnqeuqikm5dtu7/SP-02%20Gecko.craft?dl=0

i ran the following test with the sp-02 gecko craft, you can found the craft already in lko in the save game, isn't craft-specific,

per 74,616 apo 78,768 - arrows 4xgreen max time warp, raising apo, warp to per

per 74,593 apo 120,552 - max time warp 5 green arrows, raising apo, warp to per

per 74,585 apo 266,825 - max time warp 5 green arrows, raising apo, warp to per

per 74,570 apo 360,167 - max time warp 5 green arrows, raising apo, warp to per

per 74,556 apo 1,872,240(is rising!!!) - max time warp 6 green arrows, warp-to per is broken, jumps from 1 arrow to 4 after warp-to is complete

apo continues to rise while ship is near per (1,872,500), , warp to apo, raising per

per 101,758 apo 1,872,515 warp from apo to apo is working, peri nor apo is rising

warp-to from apo to per, warp-to per is broken, apo continues to rise 1,872,515+

after this test i am sure it has either something to do with the raising apo or with the difference in warp factor,

apo is climbing by it self, without engine burning, as soon as per<<<apo as it seems after this first test,

i hope this is somewhat helpful :)

- - - Updated - - -

more information on the subject:

raising my periapsis to 305,420 while apoapsis is 1,872,756(and rising while at periapsis) fixes warp-to from near periapsis(after burn) to near periapsis(before burn),

apo is still rising, warp-to is working properly

so i came to the conclusion that warp-to is broken if apo is much higher than peri, while the rising of of apo without engine burning is complete new to me

warp-to was also broken when i had a soi change from kerbin to mun periapsis. same stuff happening as described above, timewarp completes and time jumps immediatly to 4 arrows after completion near periapsis.

I'm having this bug about 30% of my "warp to" actions. Also having this bug when my orbit is almost circular. But it happens way more frequently on highly elliptical orbits.

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.2.842 (WindowsPlayer)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz (4)
RAM: 8103
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (880MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [igdumd32.dll 9.17.10.3223])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf

My system specs might have something to do with it, KSP runs at about 30-35FPS. So I think due to my slow system, the "reducing warp" and "finishing warp to" are happening at the same time, causing a race condition which ends in there still being some time warp. (I usually end up with 50x warp. But ended up with a 1000x warp on an inter planet "warp to")

Yeah when apoapsis is like 10x to 100x the periapsis, the glitch seems to happen. I screenshotted a scenario where every time I tried to autowarp to the periapsis, at "timewarp complete!" the time multiplier still remained at around 50x. Please excuse the crude cropping. Key information circled in red and orange.

v6OMHON.png

Please make sure you are using the latest version guys, TothAval your KSP version is out of date and should say buildID 842.

when i made this thread 1.0 was the only thing available. it still happens in 1.02.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.