Tourist would like to go on a suborbital flight of the Sun

CorBlimey

Ha! Love it! Tourists with more money than brains.... Though the prices they're willing to pay really aren't all that well balanced. Would be nice if there was a ticket booth we could click on at Mission Control so we could set the gate fees / ticket prices.

Note: Not "to" or "from".... "On" the Sun. :D

(Yeah, yeah, by definition, that's what is should be. But it still sounds funny.)

What's getting into these tourists? They tryin' to sabotage your reputation or somethin'?

17k kredits for 2 passengers on a suborbital Kerbol dive.

wow.. Let's ignore the 15k m/s dV needed :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54132241/2015-05-03%2022_26_48-.png

Lol if he really wants to go there I'd send him there but I'm not bringing him back from that :P And you only need that much dV if you wana do it in a hurry. You can get on a Suborbital Sun trajectory by slingshoting off Jool for alot less

Lol if he really wants to go there I'd send him there but I'm not bringing him back from that :P And you only need that much dV if you wana do it in a hurry. You can get on a Suborbital Sun trajectory by slingshoting off Jool for alot less

yes, true. And a suborbital flight only means dipping your periapsis below the horizon. You don't actually have to let dem Kerbals 'complete' the suborbital part :D

I thought all these tourist contract spam was just annoying... But after seeing these intrepid tourists' requests I have to reconsider. If a tourist requests a luxury sundive cruise, I will be more than happy to accommodate him. I will absorb the monetary loss to make sure that his dreams are fulfilled.

This isn't that insane. It doesn't say leave them on a suborbital trajectory, it just says get them there. You can always get to suborbit and then turn around and go straight to orbit again.

It may be challenging, but it's not one of the crazy impossible ones like testing the launch clamps in orbit of the Mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.