[WIP][1.0.2] WarpShip 0.3.2 - Update/expansion of IXS Enterprise

Sophia

Well, went to retry everything to make sure the log file recorded properly, and apparently my 5th try at uninstalling and reinstalling worked. However, my only other issue is the fuel tanks. The science labs, crew cabins, reactors, everything snaps onto the hull very easily, but either fuel tank involves having to zoom way out and move the mouse around until I find just the right spot where it clicks. Is that just me? I can make a video to show you if you need me to.

On 8/5/2016 at 3:59 AM, birkeland said:

Well, went to retry everything to make sure the log file recorded properly, and apparently my 5th try at uninstalling and reinstalling worked. However, my only other issue is the fuel tanks. The science labs, crew cabins, reactors, everything snaps onto the hull very easily, but either fuel tank involves having to zoom way out and move the mouse around until I find just the right spot where it clicks. Is that just me? I can make a video to show you if you need me to.

Hey Birkeland,

i noticed a lot of tanks, not just the ones coming with Warpship, don't surface attach, but rather clip through other parts. This makes them more of a challenge to click in place because they now get stuck more often on the hangar walls, floor and ceiling. It's something that changed in KSP1.1.3 which causes, but i don't know what exactly.

What helps for me, is to look straight at the connection node so you're looking 90° down on the surface where the connector is, and then shove the tank in front of that keeping shift/alt pressed. The editor should figure out which end of the tank has a connector facing the right way to connect with the one on the ship, and snap it into place. I don't know if it influences this, but i should also mention i have the editor extentions installed. (http://spacedock.info/mod/48/Editor Extensions Redux

I know i'm a bit late with replies, and work on Warpship. My laptop broke down recently and had to buy a new one; with that comes setting everything up again, and my KSP development setup is still on my to do list.

Edited by Denko666

I know i'm a bit late with replies, and work on Warpship. My laptop broke down recently and had to buy a new one; with that comes setting everything up again, and my KSP development setup is still on my to do list.

Hey, no worries, I learned long ago to not poodle about anything free, any responses are great. I have the same extensions installed, I might toy with removing them and see if that helps. Now it just looks like all I need to do is figure out how to fly the damn thing.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2016 at 1:05 AM, reducing said:

Hey thanks for all the work! Is it possible to extend the warp bubble in the associated files?

Hi Reducing,

Yes, it is. The IXS uses RoverDude's Alcubierre drive and you can adjust the warpbubble size. 

To do so: Open de file Warpship/Parts/IXSWarpRing/WarpDrive4Alcubierre.cfg

in this section:

MODULE

{
    name = USI_ModuleWarpEngine
    WarpFactor = 15
    deployAnimationName = Engage
    warpAnimationName = WarpField
    MinThrottle = 0.05
    DisruptRange = 2000
    BubbleSize = 20
    MinAltitude = 1
    MaxAccelleration = 6
    unfoldAnimationName =
}

You can modify 'BubbleSize' to reduce or enlarge the warp bubble. Default setting is 20. 

Hey RedPandaz,

I think you run out of ElectricCharge. WarpDrives are powermunchers, and that's putting it mildly. But if you correctly assemble the IXS, it is capable of generating enough ElectricCharge. You won't need all the parts included in the mod, there is more in there then what the IXS needs to function. This is because multiple maintainers have had their hands on this mod, and everyone tends to add their little touch.

The Alcubierre warpdrive needs Exotic Matter and ElectricCharge to function. These are obtained like this:

29716218655_d52f9f41a7_b.jpg

ElectricCharge from the solar panels is combined with LqDeuterium from a fuel tank by the Tokamak reactor in the main hull producing more ElectricCharge. Some of that charge is combined with LqHe3 in the Portable Hadron Collider, housed in the secondary/support ring, producing ExoticMatter. 

Check that you have all required mods installed:

- RoverDude's Alcubierre Drive

- Community Resource Pack (ckan does not install this one automatically yet!).

Here you can download the .craft file i use for testing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yv2x6h1naqfhmw/IXS01 Warpship Prototype.craft?dl=0 

I hope this will put you on the right track to reach those far off spaces where no Kerbal has gone before. (maybe crashed, but not gone).

Are the docking rings still EPL compatible? I haven't messed with them other than viewing on the launch pad and my ship(s) is(are) too damn big to effectively launch into orbit. How did you attach the docking ring? I've only been using the mod for a couple of days and figured it was too big/bulky to launch and probably too awkward to construct/dock in orbit.

6 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Are the docking rings still EPL compatible? I haven't messed with them other than viewing on the launch pad and my ship(s) is(are) too damn big to effectively launch into orbit. How did you attach the docking ring? I've only been using the mod for a couple of days and figured it was too big/bulky to launch and probably too awkward to construct/dock in orbit.

I'm not sure if i completely understand your question Pheenix99, to which rings are you referring, the IXS Warp drive and support ring, or the Space Docks? 

Personally, i never launch the IXS from the ground, i always construct in orbit. The largest spacedock included in the mod will accommodate the IXS amply. The EPL code for the Spacedocks however has been removed a while back. Instead i tend to use Keridian Dynamics mod to supplement EPL. It has a very nice orbital launchpad that fits perfectly onto the spacedocks, + it has some very nice pads for on the surface as well (and it has alternatives for the ugly ugly blue parts of EPL :wink: ). 

To get the Spacedock in orbit, you can either first build a smaller construction station, build it there then tow the spacedock into place (look at this orbital tug for a good vessel for doing that). 

Or, the alternative is to launch the spacedock with this monstrosity: Nexus II booster stage

I hope i managed to tell you what you wanted to know and give you a bit of inspiration along the way?

16 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

I'm not sure if i completely understand your question Pheenix99, to which rings are you referring, the IXS Warp drive and support ring, or the Space Docks? 

Personally, i never launch the IXS from the ground, i always construct in orbit. The largest spacedock included in the mod will accommodate the IXS amply. The EPL code for the Spacedocks however has been removed a while back. Instead i tend to use Keridian Dynamics mod to supplement EPL. It has a very nice orbital launchpad that fits perfectly onto the spacedocks, + it has some very nice pads for on the surface as well (and it has alternatives for the ugly ugly blue parts of EPL :wink: ). 

To get the Spacedock in orbit, you can either first build a smaller construction station, build it there then tow the spacedock into place (look at this orbital tug for a good vessel for doing that). 

Or, the alternative is to launch the spacedock with this monstrosity: Nexus II booster stage

I hope i managed to tell you what you wanted to know and give you a bit of inspiration along the way?

I was referring to the docking rings. From what you're saying, it seems that the part in and of itself is solely decorative and requires additional components to make it a functional construction site. 

I'm currently using all of the @RoverDude mods, so I think construction has gone from Rocket Parts to Specialized Parts and Material Kits. This in and of itself shouldn't be an issue...I'll just need to design my station accordingly.

I Finally got my Mono environment setup for KSP again :D after my previous laptop chose to vaporize its chipsets.

And so: here you can download a tentative build of the IXS Warpship compiled against the current 1.2 pre-release version of KSP.

Fair warning: the warpdrive will not be functional yet, as it needs @RoverDude's Warpdrive Standalone mod, of which to my knowledge there is no 1.2pre version yet.

Also the Community Resource Pack has no 1.2 release to date, but the version for KSP1.1.3 seems to work just fine.

Changes:

- changed r in rigidbody to R... (you do not want to know how long it took to figure out that was all there needed to be changed to have the dll compile! >( )

- Updated the Communotron to the new communication network's syntax, as before it inherits its specifications from the 88-88

- Updated Sensorpod and Sciencepod to use the new syntax.

- added an example build of the IXS Warpship, i hope that this may take away some of the confusion beginners with this mod have when building the ship.

No upload to Spacedock/CKAN until the final release of KSP 1.2!

Edited by Denko666
updated download link

I have a problem with the new version of this mod. Whenever I try to charge the large alcubierre rings, a notice on my screen pops up saying, "Not enough MW power to initiate stable warp field." I don't know what this means and I don't have KSP Interstellar either, so I'm confused and if someone could help me I would be very grateful.

-Thanks

25 minutes ago, Goat Master said:

I have a problem with the new version of this mod. Whenever I try to charge the large alcubierre rings, a notice on my screen pops up saying, "Not enough MW power to initiate stable warp field." I don't know what this means and I don't have KSP Interstellar either, so I'm confused and if someone could help me I would be very grateful.

-Thanks

Did you power up the reactor and portable hadron collider first? Make sure to have LqdHe3 and Deuterium available in your craft.

42 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Did you power up the reactor and portable hadron collider first? Make sure to have LqdHe3 and Deuterium available in your craft.

I'm not sure where the portable hadron collider is. Is it a part separate from the main fuselage or part of it?

You first power up the Tokamak reactor, that is located in the main hull, be sure to have an engineer in there.

Then you power up the Portable Hadron Collider, you can find that one in the Support Ring.

Lastly, you can power up the Warp drive, in the Warp drive ring.

There is a reference .craft file in the 'example craft' directory that comes with the mod, copy that to your ships/SPH folder to have it added to the available stock craft. In the example craft the first ring is the warp drive, the rear ring is the Portable Hadron Collider. the main hull sits in between and has the solar panels on it (which it needs to feed the Tokamak its initial Electric Charge). 

Also, take a look at the diagram a few posts back.

3 hours ago, Denko666 said:

You first power up the Tokamak reactor, that is located in the main hull, be sure to have an engineer in there.

Then you power up the Portable Hadron Collider, you can find that one in the Support Ring.

Lastly, you can power up the Warp drive, in the Warp drive ring.

There is a reference .craft file in the 'example craft' directory that comes with the mod, copy that to your ships/SPH folder to have it added to the available stock craft. In the example craft the first ring is the warp drive, the rear ring is the Portable Hadron Collider. the main hull sits in between and has the solar panels on it (which it needs to feed the Tokamak its initial Electric Charge). 

Also, take a look at the diagram a few posts back.

Ok thanks again for your help. By the way thank you for continuing this great mod.

Kerbalstuff doesn't exist anymore. It's been replaces by Spacedock. 

And before you ask: the OP's owner has abandoned the mod. And so it is not up to date. I have taken over maintenance of this mod for the time being. You can find my post a couple of pages back. On Spacedock.info you will find the IXS Warpship mod for KSP 1.1.3.  i also have posted a tentative build for the KSP 1.2 pre-release. A couple posts back. 

Quick reminder: this mod needs USI Warpdrive Standalone and Community Resource Pack to work. 

1 hour ago, Denko666 said:

Kerbalstuff doesn't exist anymore. It's been replaces by Spacedock. 

And before you ask: the OP's owner has abandoned the mod. And so it is not up to date. I have taken over maintenance of this mod for the time being. You can find my post a couple of pages back. On Spacedock.info you will find the IXS Warpship mod for KSP 1.1.3.  i also have posted a tentative build for the KSP 1.2 pre-release. A couple posts back. 

Quick reminder: this mod needs USI Warpdrive Standalone and Community Resource Pack to work. 

Can I suggest you to open a new thread for your work with the upcoming 1.2?

On 9/26/2016 at 2:32 PM, Denko666 said:

First delivery of building materials to the station. Still haven't figured out the develocitizer yet.. :(

WSUKK5h.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.