Contract Filter 1.5.2(1.1.2) Manage the contracts you receive to your liking!

silverfox8124

That was the problem !

I replaced every max param to 10 millions, and every min param with -10 millions ( the default 0 value was definitely causing a lot of filtering) and now it works as intendeed.

Thanks for the mod :)

• 1 month later...

Installed via CKAN. Cool idea.

Two problems:

1. The save button doesn't seem to work. I click save all the time and when I restart the game the blacklist bodies tab is always empty.

2. The reject by funds tab option doesn't work. I open the "Edit all" window and change min funds complete to 500,000 (perfectly possible since I have station science and grand tours installed) and watch it reject contracts that have over 500,000 payoffs and accept contracts with 10,0000.

Any ideas if this is normal or I'm doing something wrong?

@Solestis, odd, your report seems to be lacking an output log and a certain settings file.

Well, I didnt figure I'd need the logs and such already as I thought I was just doing it wrong. But here goes:

Settings: Link

Output_log: Link

I figured it out myself though from these logs, apparently the "Edit All" button doesnt actually change all the Contract types at the same time as I expected.

You didnt need to be snarky btw, that was just rude.

@Solestis, I've had plenty of people come to the thread, say stuff is not working, then peace out. It makes it very difficult on my end to work out what the problem is and how exactly to fix it. To clarify, I was not being snarky, just sort of fed up with the amount of issues and error reports that lack proper documentation to help me help you.

The bigger issue is you say that the edit all button doesn't save all the info for the contract types, which is very odd.

Looking further into the settings file is shows that you have Kerbin as a blocked string, instead of a blocked body.

Also a lot of contracts are being deleted because of max funds being set too low. Have you tried upping the maximum funds?

Also also, your output log isn't showing the log lines for saving all contract types, which in order to save them, you hit the "close" button on the GUI for the edit all types window. That triggers the saving.

Looking further into the settings file is shows that you have Kerbin as a blocked string, instead of a blocked body.

I tried both, but both didnt work, thats why it might have shown up in blocked string list.

Also also, your output log isn't showing the log lines for saving all contract types, which in order to save them, you hit the "close" button on the GUI for the edit all types window. That triggers the saving.

Well thats a rather counterintuitive way of saving. You'd think the actual "save" button did the saving, and thats what I've been trying it with. Oddly enough, by not using the "close" button, and using only the save button, it did however remember the setting in the GUI. As in, I close the plugin GUI, or go to another filter category and I come back and the blacklisted body is still there. But it doesnt seem to be applied. Anyway, ill try it with the close button and see if it does anything. You might wanna change the Close button to something like: APPLY & CLOSE.

@Solestis, duly noted on the Apply and Close, there was this sort of issue before where I had a separate save button in the gui for saving all types and closing the GUI by accident could remove data and such, it was a mess and I just ended up with when you close the edit all gui it saves all the type data.

• 3 weeks later...

In my case, I noticed that it's filtering the Plant Flag contracts. It doesn't matter if I set all the numbers to minimum of 0 and maximum of 10 million, or even minimum of minus 10 million. As soon as I click the "Start Sorting" button, the Plant Flag contracts go away.

Screenshot of the settings window: http://i.imgur.com/DKl9jJD.png

Save file: http://patch.savecoh.com/persistent.sfs

Didn't help. The contract in the save gives 145000 funds for completion. I set the minimum on everything set to 0, and the maximum set to 10000000 and seen here: http://imgur.com/a/dlhSC

It is still filtering it out as soon as I click "Start Sorting". Also, clicking the "Save" button doesn't actually save the 10000000 to settings.cfg, it retains the lower values as posted above.

Edit: what did work was for me to load settings.cfg in Notepad and manually set all the contract types to:

minFA: 0
maxFA: 10000000
minFC: 0
maxFC: 10000000
minFF: 0
maxFF: 10000000
minRC: 0
maxRC: 10000000
minRF: 0
maxRF: 10000000
minSC: 0
maxSC: 10000000
minPar: 0
maxPar: 10000000
minPrstge: 0
maxPrstge: 10000000

And now they are no longer being filtered out. The mod is just not writing or using the numbers from the UI, only the ones it loads from settings.cfg.

Edited by LeandroTLZ
Workaround found.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please let this mod get updated...  Being at the mercy of the randomizer is not fun when all the game generates is the absolute worst kind of contracts, and punishes you for refusing to take on said contracts.  I miss the days when refusing a contract was penalty-free...

Edited by SkyRender

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.