Orbital Mun Easteregg?

CrazyJebGuy

I was in career flying a sat doing temp contracts when I saw a thing dart across my screen quickly. It was small and I wasn'tr paying attention. I was at 109 km anyway. It was not debris, I have no debris that could possibly be there.

Don't ask for more info. That is all I know.

I may have just imagined it. So don't waste too much time.

The game sometimes spawns particle effects well in front of your ship, or did in 0.90.0.

I thought it only did that in atmosphere? IE the ghost smoke that your ship flies through?

I find it hard to believe that in munar orbit he would notice a particle effect. although I also find it hard to believe he spotted the monolith :P

I thought it only did that in atmosphere? IE the ghost smoke that your ship flies through?

I find it hard to believe that in munar orbit he would notice a particle effect. although I also find it hard to believe he spotted the monolith :P

I've never seen it out of atmo either, but I have no other explanation.

You don't believe it was the monolith? (there is a floating one on Mun right?)

Maybe it was the kraken slipping by...

I have no knowledge of a monolith on any planet more than about thirty meters from sea level. There is one floating above the Munhole, but it is around sea level. This thing was 109km up.

I have no knowledge of a monolith on any planet more than about thirty meters from sea level. There is one floating above the Munhole, but it is around sea level. This thing was 109km up.

once there was a monolith floating some 11000m above minmus surface. but that monolith nowadays sits firmly on the surface of minmus. :)

the only other object I know of, which would behave like this (being visible from >100km distance, and orbit something else) would be the magic boulder. but that thing was in ikes orbit *whistling the x-files theme*

It may be worth a look if anyone happens to be in the neighborhood. If it is was an asteroid then no-one else will find it anyway.

I assume 109km was your altitude as objects tend not to show above 100 km away. Any idea how far away from you it was?

Can you remember your inclination or roughly what area of the Mun you were over? Any idea whether it was in Mun orbit, or just passing by on its way to a party at KSC while you are away?

If there is something there it will be pot luck if anyone finds it, but if we are in the right area then at least we have a chance.

The same happened to me. Actually is a visual glitch: sometimes when you close a report window, one of the captions is shot around instead of being removed as usual, giving the effect that there's something buzzing you.

This!

It's the mouse over text on the buttons on the notification window. They'll sometimes manifest themselves as a static sprite in the world and shoot off relative to you as they stay fixed in space.

This!

It's the mouse over text on the buttons on the notification window. They'll sometimes manifest themselves as a static sprite in the world and shoot off relative to you as they stay fixed in space.

I can confirm this.

Could it be a boulder of some kind?

No, I have no boulder's in Kerbins SoI let alone the Mun's.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any rescue contracts in progress...

I was exiting Map view...

But I don't think it was text.

0MGYviC.png

It is somewhere around that crater... Providing it is stationary...

If I did encounter the monolith, sure it's unlikely but it could happen... Like lottery, millions enter it but only 5 or 6 win it. (At least in my country)

Edited by CrazyJebGuy
Not making another post.

I've seen something vaguely similar: occasionally in the Map or the Tracking Station, I see for just a frame or two an orbit rendered that sort of looks like something entering or exiting the local SOI. It disappears in an instant before I can identify it, but always leaves me worrying for just a moment that I've forgotten about some ship and it's ended up drifting away into interplanetary space or crashing into something.

Anyone else seen this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.