Which Game Mode Do You Play?

JackDugan

Which Game Mode Do You Play Most Often?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Mode Do You Play Most Often?

• Sandbox
    • Science
    • Career- Easy
    • Career- Normal
    • Career- Moderate
    • Career- Hard
    • Career- Custom

From < 30 sec search:

1.5 month old thread with poll:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113834-which-game-mode-do-you-play

And an almost year old thread, with a multiple choice poll:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89025-Which-gamemode-are-you-playing-Sandbox-career-or-science-with-or-without-mods

Personally, I play sandbox. I want to like career, but in its current state I find it not fun.

Science. The partial-grind of career (I find grinding relaxing after a hard day of school) and the freedom of sandbox. Also, with my 35 or so mods, it really helps me learn them.

Edited by SpacePi

I play Career Mode on custom difficulty. I use similar settings to Hard, but with the rewards turned down further. Quickloading and reverting are enabled in case I run into any bugs. These are the settings for my current run:-

S9bLgNp.jpg

I would gladly set re-entry heating to a higher setting if I had the option to do so!

Hard mode career is like a pick your own adventure. I find contracts that will make my launch profitable, over engineer and when I complete those contracts try to stretch my craft to do more. I love the feeling of completing a task with a ship that was not originally designed to do it.

In 1.0 hard career, just wanted to see how the game works in stock with default settings.

I just quikly use alt + F4 before the game has time to autosave when I get bugs.

I have done it 5 times for 4 different bugs.

- 2 cases of "kerbal leaving pod explodes" both reverted succefully, in other case I had to land again from orbit.

- 1 case of "kerbal falling of a command seat cant be controlled" followed by falling trough the surface of the planet reverted succefully

- 1 case of the game not showing the orbit I had would intersect with Ike SOI, I used the "timewarp to" function so the ship crashed to Ike in high timewarp. Reverted, I didn't even know why the ship exploded until I timewarped more carefully, almost had the ship crash again.

- 1 case of loading a probe far from the sun causing some kind of bug, speed was NaN or something

After alt+f4 the probe disappeared, no other issues with the game.

I also take bacups of the whole folder, because I have heard about some kind of save corruption bug existing.

Normal career, but have to pay for the parts. The constraint of Funds keeps me somewhat efficient in my designs. I've not found it grindy, and have had enough cash to do stuff that I don't get paid to do. For those who complain about grindy, check out X3: Terran Conflict. That's grindy. :)

Normal career, but have to pay for the parts. The constraint of Funds keeps me somewhat efficient in my designs. I've not found it grindy, and have had enough cash to do stuff that I don't get paid to do. For those who complain about grindy, check out X3: Terran Conflict. That's grindy. :)

...or TerraFirmaCraft mod for Minecraft. Or classical Everquest. Or TES4: Oblivion.

I play Hard mode, only with quick saves and reverts (so it's actually custom mode). Sorry, but game is way too buggy and crashes too often to play it without manual saving. Sometimes I need over 5 saves to go through descend, reloading after crashes, flying 20 seconds, saving, flying 5 seconds more and crashing...

KSP was buggy and was crashing back in 0.2x days, but since 1.0 it's by far worse than before.

I toy with sandbox too, but only for some designs and experiments. There's no proper game there.

Edited by Sky_walker

Normal but with all general options disabled. Don't like the grind hard mode would cause but I still have some consequences when I fail to be plan things well enough.

Once during my career a kerbal got lost due to ragdolling to minmus' surface and game crashed (both the craft and kerbal disappeared) but other than that all losses have been due to my own incompetence.

For me, my career moderate mode is like sandbox + science mode, with the added constraint of financial efficiency. If you have enough cash, you can just ignore contracts for a while.

This. I hate the early game, but I also feel weird playing sandbox and jumping straight to interplanetary when there's no actual history in the program.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.