Career mode, why is the map view always defaulted to the other side of Kerbin?

This is only a minor problem, but an annoying one. I am just starting in career mode, and I go to launch something, and the first time I hit map view, I am looking at the far side of Kerbin, and I have to scroll the view around to properly see my ship and apoapsis and the like. And it does this with every new launch. Is there a reason for this? It is by no means game breaking, but it does cost me an extra couple of seconds (which can be very precious sometimes) to swing the camera around.

I didn't even realize until seeing this post, that I have formed a habit that once get to Map view, I'm holding right click and dragging towards right for an arbitrary distance before I consciously do anything.

I think it has something to do with default camera positions.

When going EVA, the camera tries to show you the face of the Kerbal... which means that in almost all cases, you see the opposite side of the vessel. Is there a mod for that? I guess that solving one would solve the other, too.

If you were in map mode when you changed from flight state to any non-flight state, this happens.

Really? So it happens on the launchpad when I'm in map mode in orbit, go to the space center, and launch a new craft? That makes sense I suppose. I don't tend to land or take off while in map mode.

If you were in map mode when you changed from flight state to any non-flight state, this happens.

So to make sure I understand that, if I had a craft in motion, went to the map, and then went to the space center that happens? How do I unhappen it? Any time I go to launch a new craft, with no other flights in progress, I am looking at the ass-end of Kerbin. When I was playing in sandbox mode, it always defaulted to the side of the planet I was on.

Really? So it happens on the launchpad when I'm in map mode in orbit, go to the space center, and launch a new craft? That makes sense I suppose. I don't tend to land or take off while in map mode.
So to make sure I understand that, if I had a craft in motion, went to the map, and then went to the space center that happens? How do I unhappen it?

Yes. Note that it's not when you go to the Space Center if you've switched to map view, it occurs only (I'm fairly sure, some experimentation is needed) when you switch to the Space Center from map view. When you are zoomed out like that, hitting "m" twice will fix the camera.

As for the orientation of the camera I am not sure, I don't think it's been happening to me. Do you have any mods installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.