This is so unbelievably Kerbal I had to share it with you...

Excalibur

Lots of views but no replies :(

I\'d have thought this would have been a major talking point! Unless I\'ve being a little dense and someone posted this up recently.

I hope at some stage we can use rocket sleds as part of any R&D programs we may have in the future. Especially if it ended up being something similar to nVidia\'s Rocket Sled graphics demo, complete with G/Wind blast distorted Kerbal facial expressions. Think of the hilarity!

curious fact - did you know this man and his team are credited for having created the original concept of 'Murphy\'s Law'?

'Murphy' himself, was actually their superior at the time - and upon his criticism of an engineer\'s failure to install a set of accelerometers facing the correct direction or some other mistake of the sort, he stated something such as: 'if there\'s a way to do it wrong, he will do it' (speaking of said engineer)

then, as to relieve the engineer of his complete fault in the matter, it was replied 'if there\'s any chance that something could go wrong, it will' - which, from then on, became known as 'Murphy\'s Law'

not sure if i\'m telling it right... but hey - here\'s the story

doesn\'t get any more Kerbal than this, it really doesn\'t :thumbup:

:cheers:

curious fact - did you know this man and his team are credited for having created the original concept of 'Murphy\'s Law'?

'Murphy' himself, was actually their superior at the time - and upon his criticism of an engineer\'s failure to install a set of accelerometers facing the correct direction or some other mistake of the sort, he stated something such as: 'if there\'s a way to do it wrong, he will do it' (speaking of said engineer)

then, as to relieve the engineer of his complete fault in the matter, it was replied 'if there\'s any chance that something could go wrong, it will' - which, from then on, became known as 'Murphy\'s Law'

not sure if i\'m telling it right... but hey - here\'s the story

doesn\'t get any more Kerbal than this, it really doesn\'t :thumbup:

:cheers:

I had read that little tidbit after I\'d first seen the video. Just adds to the legend I think. :)

SQUAD should attempt to replicate some of these scenes with Kerbals. It would make for great advertising and cutscenes. Having actual test facilities like these in the game would be great too, both for kerbonaut training and engine tests.

I could just see:

a Kerbal centrifuge go flying through the wall,

a Kerbal rocket sled (with Jeb in Dr. Trapp\'s seat, his lips stretching out due to the wind), and

a Kerbal test pilot eating something out of a tube, which tastes good but spontaneously explodes.

I could just see:

a Kerbal centrifuge go flying through the wall,

a Kerbal rocket sled (with Jeb in Dr. Trapp\'s seat, his lips stretching out due to the wind), and

a Kerbal test pilot eating something out of a tube, which tastes good but spontaneously explodes.

Dear Jeb someone make some fanart!

The same can be said for designing ridiculous rockets that explode. That also happened a few times IRL. Lighten up.

Edit: this was in response to periapsisprograde about the humor etc. didn\'t see there was a 2nd page yet.. oops

I can laugh at little green men on my screen doing this.

Knowing that there were real people doing this dampens the humor considerably.

I disagree. The fact they were all willing volunteers removes any guilt from the humour for me. Stapp\'s Jeb-like grin as he sits in the steel rocket-porta-toilet helps with that a bit too. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.