The worst thing about watching KSP on YouTube.

MacEriu

Yup! Once i yelled "Thats a lunar probe you dont need a barometer!" at a lets play as if the person could hear me. (Though it's been made useful in vacuum since then.)

My biggest problem is the video just making me want to play KSP so i don't finish the video.

The thing I find most frustrating about watch a Kerbal Space Program video on YouTube. Is that once in a while I try to grub the screen and try to rotate the view.
Been there done that with pictures too.

This. Even pictures from other games or, you know, real life...

To be honest, the worst thing about watching someone play KSP is when they make a simple, tiny, mistake building their rocket, then spend 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

Meanwhile I'm yelling at the screen, "Your fuel line is backwards dumba**!"

To be honest, the worst thing about watching someone play KSP is when they make a simple, tiny, mistake building their rocket, then spend 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

This is me with pretty much every game I play. Tis the curse of having almost 1500 hours.

I remember watching a stream where someone was tumbling down to their doom in a plane. I arrived a little too late...

The solution to get out of it was to pump the fuel forward, making the center of mass move forward. I said a few times: "Pump your fuel forwards"

...No answer. He had ample time to still make it out, but that was fading fast.

About 10 seconds before hitting the ground, I screamed into the chat box: "PUMP THE DARN STUFF!"

Then right after crashing, a reply: "Oh, pump the fuel. I should've pumped the fuel"

Good god that's hard to watch.

Same here.This happens sometimes with jacksepticeye, although he is my favorite youtuber.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember watching a stream where someone was tumbling down to their doom in a plane. I arrived a little too late...

The solution to get out of it was to pump the fuel forward, making the center of mass move forward. I said a few times: "Pump your fuel forwards"

...No answer. He had ample time to still make it out, but that was fading fast.

About 10 seconds before hitting the ground, I screamed into the chat box: "PUMP THE DARN STUFF!"

Then right after crashing, a reply: "Oh, pump the fuel. I should've pumped the fuel"

Good god that's hard to watch.

Again, same problem.I'm really OCD.

My biggest problem with watching KSP on YouTube is that I hate to be a follower. Part of me wants to figure everything out on my own, not simply imitate what I saw someone else do. Unfortunately the rest of me is too stoopid to handle it all on my own.

Same here.This happens sometimes with jacksepticeye, although he is my favorite youtuber.

It doesn't bother me as much with Jacksepticeye. Screwing things up in KSP is kind of his thing.

When it really starts to make me twitch is when Scott Manley does it, because you know he knows better...

It doesn't bother me as much with Jacksepticeye. Screwing things up in KSP is kind of his thing.

When it really starts to make me twitch is when Scott Manley does it, because you know he knows better...

That usually results from quickly whipping something together in the VAB to show construction process . . . and then you SEE him forget the battery or something stupid and you're yelling at the monitor for the duration of the flight.

Well I know even the best person will still by human nature screw up something in VAB, and I never scream/become mad about that because I know if I were doing streaming I would be doing something similarly stupid in other places, and probably more often than they do.

And that's why I wasn't seriously watching the stream itself - I just listen to them talking mostly, and occasionally some ideas might strike and inspire me - wait, that sounds like my school days...

In addition to pretty much all of the above mentioned issues I have one other:

I really like a lot of the aesthetic design demonstrated by many of the people I watch on the twitches/youtubes, so I often tell myself I need to make something inspired by that design.

However, I'm also an engineer in real life which means that an irrational desire for efficiency and unrelenting hatred for all things inefficient has been drilled into my brain, meaning I can barely bring myself to add even a single structural panel to my craft for coolness/aesthetic purposes if it doesn't also have a functional purpose.

So yeah, when I watch other people's crafts I often go "OHMYGOD THAT'S SO PRETTY/COOL! I MUST BUILD SOMETHING LIKE THAT MYSELF!"

And then when I actually go to the VAB and try to build sometihng similar I tend to go "nonononononoNO I CAN'T put that part there, it doesn't serve any purpose! it'll just lower my delta-V! Why would I ever want to do that?!"

And somehow, I'm still obsessed with interplanetary long-range, no-refuel spaceplanes. One of the most innefficient ways of spacetravel.

My head is a weird place.

While I also attempt to rotate the camera all the time, I find it frustrating to see people who continue to blame the game for things that are clearly operator error. "MechJeb is a little broken" "Its still early access, the game isn't finished yet and its very broken" etc... I find myself yelling "Are you kidding!? Look where your center of mass is, or how fast you are going and how far you tipped over- you had MechJeb push you 20 degrees one way and then instantly 25 in the opposite direction, and its the games fault your craft lost control?! Move this up, add wings here, and don't do X/Y/Z... or revert to launch and make the same exact mistakes again and again"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.