Go Stock! (Movement to integrate the asteroid day mod into stock)

Should the Asteroid mod be stock?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Asteroid mod be stock?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Other! Please post.

Maybe the android detection is a bit too much (for hardware and/or balance). And that probe cores should have sufficient torque and battery power for basic vessels of their size has been a long-standing request of mine (seriously, squad...).

Barring that, I'd happily take this core as my new favorite. The large panel and antenna would be welcome additions to stock as well.

"Stock only" players confuse me just like intentionally celibate people do.

"I'm waiting for 1.0" doesn't even work as an excuse anymore.

Actually having this as a mod is kind of a GOOD thing. It gives people an 'official' reason to use a mod. Then they learn how frickin' easy it is to mod this game and soon we have ONE OF US ONE OF US.

I agree the mod works as a nice carrot to get people downloading mods.

I'm not too heavily invested either way, but if I were pushed, I'd prefer the Asteroid Day mod be incorporated into stock.

I voted yes but would rather have a random comets mod to commemorate Rosetta/Philae. Another asteroid mod? meh.

Have a bit of turbulence surround the comets, increasing as they get closer to the sun. Telescope that includes early warning in case of impact event.

I have RP career mode where if class E asteroid impacts Kerbin, game over. Trouble is, it's too easy to miss potential impacts because how roids just disappear.

Edited by Landge

Lol... thanks to all the people who answered me. I actually found out myself shortly after posting my question when I checked the KSP Tumblr. Still, I stand by the point made therein, i.e. that the OP should have included a link, description, or something.

Anyway, am I the only one around who considers both the official mods Stock already? I still consider it a Stock game when all the "mods" installed are DLC by SQUAD.

No point before we have a working 64bit build. The stock 32bit version is already pretty much maxed out, so adding even more content will make modding even more painful.

No point before we have a working 64bit build. The stock 32bit version is already pretty much maxed out, so adding even more content will make modding even more painful.

Hopefully Unity 5 (1.1) will have a 64-bit build, and therefore we can hope to have this GO STOCK! without any qualms.

If a player only uses stock to begin with, they're nowhere near the RAM limit, so there's plenty of room for this addition. :wink: With this mod, my Gamedata folder jumps from 342MB to 344MB...I don't think a wait for 64-bit is necessary at all.

I voted no because it is too non stockalike. The probe core and panels I could see fitting in but the telescope doesn't look kerbal enough. Maybe with a different colour scheme.

If a player only uses stock to begin with, they're nowhere near the RAM limit, so there's plenty of room for this addition. :wink: With this mod, my Gamedata folder jumps from 342MB to 344MB...I don't think a wait for 64-bit is necessary at all.

Mods are already pushing it over the limit so even 2megs extra will be a really horrible idea right now.

This is how we got to this point in first place... They kept adding stuff that added a few megs extra here and there and now we are to the point where there are serious memory issues.

If they are going to add more they better fix those memory leaks issues and optimize the other stuff before adding more.