[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Here are some images of my base building on Minmus. This should work for those building on a body with no atmosphere. It uses a skycrane docked to the top of the parts. It should however be docked near the center of mass.

Thanks, this was extremely helpful. I have posted a link to your imgur album on the Kerbal Space Program subreddit. You should put a link to this in the Tutorials forum.

There will also be the powered wheel + landing-leg combination part. I managed to get it to work and it will be in the next update :-)

Sweet, I guess we don't even need decouplers to get rid of them.

I'm so excited for the next update.

I am too.

Do a kerbal bathroom part xD

That's a funny idea, I don't know what the purpose is of sush a module, but it would be funny to have it anyways. The snacks gotta go out somewhere.

Thanks, this was extremely helpful. I have posted a link to your imgur album on the Kerbal Space Program subreddit. You should put a link to this in the Tutorials forum.

I'm glad it was helpful. It wasn't really a polished tutorial or anything. I just wanted to make an example so people could land these without an atmosphere. If you want to build it into a tutorial and include images from my album feel free. Do you have a link to the reddit post so I could see what they are saying?

Also Nils77, feel free to use it in the first post if you want.

Do a kerbal bathroom part xD

Hmm...thinking about it...maybe i will change the interior and the # of Kerbals in the habitats to allow space for a bathroom and an airlock. The first version oft Habitat MK2, which was never published, had room for three kerbals and a bathroom (the room with the half open door) But this will not be done in this update but in the next.

I'm glad it was helpful. It wasn't really a polished tutorial or anything. I just wanted to make an example so people could land these without an atmosphere. If you want to build it into a tutorial and include images from my album feel free. Do you have a link to the reddit post so I could see what they are saying?

Also Nils77, feel free to use it in the first post if you want.

Thanks, i'll add your album as a tutorial to the main post. :)

Somehow i missed it. It is hard to keep track of every post in the thread :wink:

I nearly finished the recyclers and will post some screens tomorrow. I think the next update will be by next sunday.

I will also add an example craft for the modules side by side in the next days.

what about the 'garage' part? will you do it?

I know you asked for that part several times :wink:. All i can say: it might be added in the future but it does not have a high priority yet.

And to keep you all up to date, here are the two images of the recyclers and the landing leg combination:

The Recyclers:

hPHjf6N.png

The Landing-Leg in action:

6H3TBtD.png

I know you asked for that part several times :wink:. All i can say: it might be added in the future but it does not have a high priority yet.

And to keep you all up to date, here are the two images of the recyclers and the landing leg combination:

The Recyclers:

http://i.imgur.com/hPHjf6N.png

http://i.imgur.com/6H3TBtD.png

Those wheels look really cool! I'll definitely use them on my Eve base. By the way, your parts combined with the Pathfinder mod make pretty nice bases. They're better than using 2.5m parts for bases :)!

Dare I say, this mod beats Habitat Pack?...

Oh who am I kidding, this is brilliant! Great job so far. Looking forward to anything you have up your spacesuit!

(No disrespect to Porkjet though, just saying this is more up-to-date and more awesome!!)

Those wheels are cute! Do they end up extending to the same height your 'normal' landing legs for standardisation purposes? I also assume they're balanced to be rubbish /rover/ wheels; all slow and expensive to run? They're for housemoving, not exploring, after all ;) Actually looking at the model, I'd half expect their suspension to retract all the way up as the legs extend, too. Is that a challenge to animate?

Idly: Do you still plan for a KAS extendible transfer tube? Not the end of the world, I'm just curious and loving this thing far too much. :)

Final thought: Nooo, please don't change the MkII capacity. :( 2x greenhouse kerbals can feed 4 people, right? A single MkII part provides accomidation for all.

If airlocks and bathrooms are an issue, that'd surely be an extra part, because you might have only one airlock to multiple accomidation rooms, and I see the habitation modules as the 'housing' rather than the entrance/exits.

Edited by Reiver

Along the lines of built in function to keep parts count down, What about making the ends a special docking clamp to simplify bringing up section, driving them together and locking? On docking with another module they would lock stronger then if docking to a standard docking ring (I think the large ring is about the same size as the rings on the ends of the modules). Might need dependency on KAS to make them act as craft built in the VAB, I don't know.

Also, Might it save some on texture loading/model drawing if on deploying the gear, the wheels then retract?

The Recyclers:

http://i.imgur.com/hPHjf6N.png

http://i.imgur.com/6H3TBtD.png

The wheels and legs look awesome! How will they work when triggering the gears on tab button?

Also, your take on the Life Support is awesome. What has always put me off those options is the visual aspect TAC has never had such great visual range!

Peace.

ahahahahahaha

3m TRICOUPLERS WOULD WORK

GkldIWG.png

There's even room in the middle for a 1.25m stack! For, uh, carefully sized companion rovers, or support satellites, or something. Or, y'know, More boosters... ;)

Whatcha think, oh modelling maestro? :D

I'd flip them 180 degrees each, that would eliminate 1.25m stack but make the whole thing thinner.

I agree, it also allows for deploying them radially after landing, feet/wheels down?