Sigma Binary

Sigma88

[quote name='CaptRobau']What needs to be updated any way? The orbital mechanics haven't changed, which is the only thing all these impressive MM configs concern themselves with. Right?[/QUOTE]

The "Finalize" node will be removed from kopernicus 0.5

That will allow me to streamline a bit the template file.

Nothing major really, so this should already work with ksp 1.0.5 in theory

Since I'm not 100% sure I will leave it officially "1.0.4" untill kopernicus 0.5 is released. (I'm also a bit busy irl so I try to limit bug reports to a minimum)

[quote name='RA3236']Which came out yesterday, I didn't even notice even though I subscribed to the thread.
(Sorry if you have already noticed)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know about that :)

I have a report due friday at work plus I'm sick (the perfect combo)

SigmaBinary patch is ready, I just need to test it and release it.

As soon as I have some time I'll get around tobdoing that ;)

[I][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=5]Sigma Binary[/SIZE][SIZE=2][v1.3.0] [SIZE=3]is now available[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR]

This brings a few fixes and Kopernicus 0.5.x compatibility

[B][SIZE=4]Download[/SIZE][/B]

[TABLE="width: 145"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][LEFT][B]Latest Release[/B]
[TABLE="width: 90"]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][URL="https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Binary/releases/latest"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a7Abccw.png[/IMG][/URL]
[B]@GitHub[/B][/CENTER]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/LEFT]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[B][SIZE=4]

ChangeLog
[/SIZE][/B]

[TABLE="width: 700"]
[TR]
[TD][code][B]v1.3.0[/B]

- Now Requires Kopernicus Beta 0.5
- Template.cfg and DunaIke.cfg are now in separate downloads
- Folder structure changed
- Overhauled the code to reflect Kopernicus changes[/code][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE] Edited by Sigma88

[quote name='Sigma88'][I][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=5]Sigma Binary[/SIZE][SIZE=2][v1.3.0] [SIZE=3]is now available[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR]

This brings a few fixes and Kopernicus 0.5.x compatibility

[TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][URL]http://i.imgur.com/a7Abccw.png[/URL]
[B]@GitHub[/B][/CENTER]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/LEFT]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[B][SIZE=4]

ChangeLog
[/SIZE][/B]

[TR]
[TD][code][B]v1.3.0[/B]

- Now Requires Kopernicus Beta 0.5
- Template.cfg and DunaIke.cfg are now in separate downloads
- Folder structure changed
- Overhauled the code to reflect Kopernicus changes[/code][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/QUOTE]

Finally! Now, after I complete version 0.6 of the Othrys Planet Pack, I can make Anthe and Pallene real binary planets and make Rea part of a double-Kerbin system!

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']Finally! Now, after I complete version 0.6 of the Othrys Planet Pack, I can make Anthe and Pallene real binary planets and make Rea part of a double-Kerbin system![/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to release a small bugfix later tonight, nothing major but it'll be harder to break for those people who want to try :)

[I][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=5]Sigma Binary[/SIZE][SIZE=2][v1.3.1] [SIZE=3]is now available[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]
[/COLOR]

This should solve some problems with Template-less planets :)

[TR]
[TR]
[TD][CENTER][URL="https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Binary/releases/latest"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/a7Abccw.png[/IMG][/URL]
[B]@GitHub[/B][/CENTER]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/LEFT]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[B][SIZE=4]

ChangeLog
[/SIZE][/B]

[TR]
[TD][code][B]v1.3.1[/B]

- Added compatibility with templateless planets
- Added code to remove duplicate values[/code][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I've been planning some more for binary planets in the Othrys Planet Pack, and I have some questions.

One of my future plans is to put the Earth-like planet Rea (pronounced REE-AH) in a binary system with another Earth analogue, Tethys. Around the binary planets, I want to put three captures planetoids named Vesta, Juno, and Ceres. Is it even possible with Sigma Binary to put other, smaller bodies around an equal-mass binary system? Not around one planet or the other, but BOTH of them.

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']I've been planning some more for binary planets in the Othrys Planet Pack, and I have some questions.

One of my future plans is to put the Earth-like planet Rea (pronounced REE-AH) in a binary system with another Earth analogue, Tethys. Around the binary planets, I want to put three captures planetoids named Vesta, Juno, and Ceres. Is it even possible with Sigma Binary to put other, smaller bodies around an equal-mass binary system? Not around one planet or the other, but BOTH of them.[/QUOTE]

Since ksp has some limitations in how it calculates orbits, even if you have 2 bodies with the same mass, you will always have a "major" body and a "minor" body.

All ships will orbit the major body untill they enter the minor body sphere of influence.

It should be technically possible to put stuff in orbit around the barycenter, but I nevet tried and I'm not sure what the result may be. When you get around to do that feel free to pm me the mod if you need help ;)

[quote name='Sigma88']Since ksp has some limitations in how it calculates orbits, even if you have 2 bodies with the same mass, you will always have a "major" body and a "minor" body.

All ships will orbit the major body untill they enter the minor body sphere of influence.

It should be technically possible to put stuff in orbit around the barycenter, but I nevet tried and I'm not sure what the result may be. When you get around to do that feel free to pm me the mod if you need help ;)[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. I'm going to strap together a small version of the Othrys Planet Pack that only has Anthe and Pallene and Sigma Binary. What I'm trying to do is create both planets for 1.0.5 and Kopernicus 0.5.2, and use Sigma Binary to make them, well, a true binary planet. But since I have KSP 0.90 (still:(), can you download this trial version of the OPP and test it in KSP 1.0.5 to see if it works and/or there is anything to be changed? I am going to create a new project on Curse titled "OPP Trial for 1.0.5", and you are free to make any edits if needed. If you do test the Anthe-Pallene binary, can you let me know how it goes and/or post a screenshot?

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']Okay, thanks. I'm going to strap together a small version of the Othrys Planet Pack that only has Anthe and Pallene and Sigma Binary. What I'm trying to do is create both planets for 1.0.5 and Kopernicus 0.5.2, and use Sigma Binary to make them, well, a true binary planet. But since I have KSP 0.90 (still:(), can you download this trial version of the OPP and test it in KSP 1.0.5 to see if it works and/or there is anything to be changed? I am going to create a new project on Curse titled "OPP Trial for 1.0.5", and you are free to make any edits if needed. If you do test the Anthe-Pallene binary, can you let me know how it goes and/or post a screenshot?[/QUOTE]
what is stopping you from updating to 1.0.5?

developing mods on older versions of KSP is not really a good idea, it's more than likely that you'll end up with a lot of bugs

[quote name='Sigma88']what is stopping you from updating to 1.0.5?

developing mods on older versions of KSP is not really a good idea, it's more than likely that you'll end up with a lot of bugs[/QUOTE]

I got KSP off of the officail website, not steam, and I cannot find a way to update it. And about developing mods in older versions, I'm not testing them in my game (I learned the hard way yesterday) and I'm using cfg files from other Kopernicus 0.5.2 mods as "templates", if that's what you would call them. But yeah, there still will be bugs. That's why, until I get KSP 1.0.5 off of steam or figure out a way to update it off of the official website, I need other peoples' help with development.

Also, in the "template" cfg, do I delete all the extra stuff in there and just leave the Primary, Secondary, and Reference bodies in it?

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']I got KSP off of the officail website, not steam, and I cannot find a way to update it. And about developing mods in older versions, I'm not testing them in my game (I learned the hard way yesterday) and I'm using cfg files from other Kopernicus 0.5.2 mods as "templates", if that's what you would call them. But yeah, there still will be bugs. That's why, until I get KSP 1.0.5 off of steam or figure out a way to update it off of the official website, I need other peoples' help with development.

Also, in the "template" cfg, do I delete all the extra stuff in there and just leave the Primary, Secondary, and Reference bodies in it?[/QUOTE]

I thought the official site would let you download patches... weird

[quote name='Sigma88']I thought the official site would let you download patches... weird[/QUOTE]

*Facepalms* Why didn't I think of patches for KSP... I know Space Engine has patches to download and update the version you have, but I didn't think it was the same with Kerbal Space Program. Well, at least I know how to update one of my KSP's! (BTW: I made 2 extra copies of KSP 0.90. The original has like no mods, the second I use for planet testing, and the third is for mods like B9 Aerospace and stuff.)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']*Facepalms* Why didn't I think of patches for KSP... I know Space Engine has patches to download and update the version you have, but I didn't think it was the same with Kerbal Space Program. Well, at least I know how to update one of my KSP's! (BTW: I made 2 extra copies of KSP 0.90. The original has like no mods, the second I use for planet testing, and the third is for mods like B9 Aerospace and stuff.)[/QUOTE]

Update: Couldn't find any patches. At least I can still work with KopernicusTech...

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']*Facepalms* Why didn't I think of patches for KSP... I know Space Engine has patches to download and update the version you have, but I didn't think it was the same with Kerbal Space Program. Well, at least I know how to update one of my KSP's! (BTW: I made 2 extra copies of KSP 0.90. The original has like no mods, the second I use for planet testing, and the third is for mods like B9 Aerospace and stuff.)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Update: Couldn't find any patches. At least I can still work with KopernicusTech...[/QUOTE]

Why do you use KSP 0.90 to update your planets if Kopernicus works in KSP 1.0.5 and is way better then KopernicusTech?

[quote name='ProtoJeb21']Since I can't find any patches to update KSP 0.90 to 1.0.5, I uploaded the trial version for OPP for 1.0.5 on Curse. I hope I did the binary code correctly.[/QUOTE]

You just need to go to the KSP website, then log in, go to "My account" and download. You need to download the full game and extract it to your KSP folder

[quote name='Olympic1']You just need to go to the KSP website, then log in, go to "My account" and download. You need to download the full game and extract it to your KSP folder[/QUOTE]

I'm probably just going to get KSP of off steam; I have an account.

13 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

So stars now work as primary objects...

**Makes Multiple Star System With Fourteen Stars**

Well, not really, but I may want to re-create some multiple star systems that have 5+ stellar members using this mod, like the Castor System.

stars worked before as well, this new version just adds fixes if you don't put all the parameters in the orbit node ;)

So this question is about binary star systems. Is it possible to create double star systems where both members orbit far away from each other with eccentric orbits? If Sigma Binary can't do this, then I can just use a Kopernicus-made barycenter.

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

So this question is about binary star systems. Is it possible to create double star systems where both members orbit far away from each other with eccentric orbits? If Sigma Binary can't do this, then I can just use a Kopernicus-made barycenter.

yeah it should work fine

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.