HDYPOTD: How do you pronounce the -apsis twins?

Superfluous J

... for our german friends: Wer man gegen ein Minimum von Aluminium immun ist,besitzt "Aluminiumminimumimmunität" :cool:

Either

Wenn man gegen ein Minimum von Aluminium immun ist, besitzt man "Aluminiumminimumimmunität"

Or

Wer gegen ein Minimum von Aluminium immun ist, besitzt "Aluminiumminimumimmunität"

But it's a nice one :D

'Periapsis' and 'apoapsis' are Greek, so they should be pronounced like Greek words. In particular, the 'r' is more like the Spanish 'r' than the English 'r', and most vowels are different from English.

This.

I just read them and pronounce them with my Spanish from Spain spelling, reading every character in the word loud with the single sound they will have in Spain. It's amazing how English can be such a mess to guess how a word sounds even for native English speakers, makes me feel way better when it happens to me xD

'Periapsis' and 'apoapsis' are Greek, so they should be pronounced like Greek words. In particular, the 'r' is more like the Spanish 'r' than the English 'r', and most vowels are different from English.

There are hundreds of greek words in the english language. Do you propose to roll the 'r' in 'astro-' aswell? What about "aero-"? I'm not sure if this as reasonable as it first sounds....

Slightly off-topic, but does anybody know the official terms for the AP and PE for all the major bodies in the solar system?

Sun: Perihelion, Aphelion

Mercury?

Venus?

Earth: Perigee, Apogee

Moon: Apolune, Perilune

Mars?

Jupiter: Perijove, Apojove

Saturn?

Uranus?

Neptune?