LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

How these can be made to work in Realism Overhaul? They still are using stock fuels.

I just need to write a few configs and such to make them work properly with RO and ETC. I have not gotten around to it yet as I've been quite busy as of late. But RO and ETC integration will come :)

I just need to write a few configs and such to make them work properly with RO and ETC. I have not gotten around to it yet as I've been quite busy as of late. But RO and ETC integration will come :)

Sounds fair enough. How well they perform in RSS?

Sounds fair enough. How well they perform in RSS?

These rockets are configured to work with RSS. If you just copy the Liquidhype folder into your GameData directory you get the rockets already set up for RSS. As long as you don't use the "optionalStockConfigs" each rocket will easily make it into space (and beyond) in RSS. The stock configs are only there for people who wants to use these launchers in stock KSP.

The only differences with these rockets are that they use "solid fuel", "liquid fuel" and "oxidizer" instead of real fuels. They still have the same amount of deltaV as their real-world counterparts.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, now you're also running in Drag Cube problems? Also with the Fairing?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to D3!! :)

To be honest, I'm not sure what is causing the problem. My guess is actually the newest version of FAR. I did alot of testing with it in my install, which always has FAR installed, and the Delta flew just fine before I installed FAR v. 0.15.5.

My imediate though was "damn you drag-cubes", but the thing is, it flies perfectly fine in the stock atmo. I think it is the voxel-model aero from the new version of FAR that is screwing things up. I might have to redo the colliders because of how voxel-model aero works. Problem with using the entire fairing as a collider is that it causes all sorts of problems with what's inside of it when decoupling the fairings.

I really like the Delta III and all of the other launch vehicles, but I really haven't a clue how to get into orbit in RSS...

Did you install it correctly? If you are playing in RSS, all you need to do is copy the "Liquidhype" folder and paste it into your GameData directory. No need to fiddle with the "optionalStockConfigs" folder.

If you are using the .craft files and they don't have enough deltaV to get into orbit, I'm guessing I somehow screwed up the .craft files for stock vs. RSS. In any case, just build each rocket part by part, and they all will make it into orbit just fine, with some deltaV to spare :)

Did you install it correctly? If you are playing in RSS, all you need to do is copy the "Liquidhype" folder and paste it into your GameData directory. No need to fiddle with the "optionalStockConfigs" folder.

If you are using the .craft files and they don't have enough deltaV to get into orbit, I'm guessing I somehow screwed up the .craft files for stock vs. RSS. In any case, just build each rocket part by part, and they all will make it into orbit just fine, with some deltaV to spare :)

Ahh, what? No, you did fine. I'm saying I just don't know how to go about launching in RSS. xD

Ahh, what? No, you did fine. I'm saying I just don't know how to go about launching in RSS. xD

Oh, lol ^^ I figured I made a mistake of some sort. If you want to learn how to properly launch rockets in RSS, I suggest you check out this and this. Neat tutorials made by the pros themselves :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.