LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Oh my!! Please add the Delta IV XDD

Delta IV is being made by Kartoffelkuchen :)

- - - Updated - - -

Great work!

eggrobin found this pic of the bottom of the Ariane V without its engine shroud, should be useful?

http://www.arianespace.com/images/missionup-dates/2004/164_epcbil2_lg.jpg

Thank you Nathankell, and thank you for the reference material :)

and one ready to launch without the purple cover and a kind of fairing around some engine parts: :D

http://fr.cdn.v5.futura-sciences.com/builds/images/thumbs/8/844f63f675_ar5_V200_vulcain_esa_corvaja.jpg

That is a great reference image, thank you :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's an awesome image I have to say!

BTW liquidhype, I can't give you rep...I'll have to spread it a bit around before giving it to you again, sorry! :(

Will you'll also make the earlier Ariane's? That'd be so awesome!

Yes I was thinking about making them. After Ariane 5 ECA and ES are done, I might finally finish up ULAs Vulcan. I've been pushing back the development of the Vulcan because of lack of specs. After Vulcan is done, I'm unsure of which launcher(s) to do next, so I might just go ahead and make Ariane 1,2,3 and 4.

If you REALLY want to put off development of Vulcain, why not try your hand at a Titan 4-Centaur T? :P

I dont want to put off development of Vulcan, I've made most of the models and some of the textures. But I don't feel like releasing it when I am unsure of its specs. As for Titan, I might very well make a couple of Titans down the line, but first I need to finish up Ariane 5 ECA and ES.

I also really want to do the Liberty launch vehicle that was proposed a while back. It looks really cool :)

I dont want to put off development of Vulcan, I've made most of the models and some of the textures. But I don't feel like releasing it when I am unsure of its specs. As for Titan, I might very well make a couple of Titans down the line, but first I need to finish up Ariane 5 ECA and ES.

I also really want to do the Liberty launch vehicle that was proposed a while back. It looks really cool :)

By all means, finish up what you're working on!

But... come ooon...

http://andegraf.com/rockets/titan.htm

You know you want to!

Liberty is...ambitious, I'll say that, given Ares I's problems.

For Titan IV parts, see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117844-Realism-Overhaul-Saab-s-Historical-Pack :)

It is an interesting consept. Or was an interesting consept.. But hey, the second best thing to having it in the real world is having it in KSP :) Probably won't fit in the stock VAB, as it would have been roughly 90 meters tall, but it should feel right at home in RSS :)

It is an interesting consept. Or was an interesting consept.. But hey, the second best thing to having it in the real world is having it in KSP :) Probably won't fit in the stock VAB, as it would have been roughly 90 meters tall, but it should feel right at home in RSS :)
90 x 0.64 = 57.6, I think that a scaled-down Liberty would fit in the stock VAB.

90 x 0.64 = 57.6, I think that a scaled-down Liberty would fit in the stock VAB.

When have I ever made a scaled down rocket? And even 57,6 meter is pushing it to the limit in the stock VAB. I am almost done with Ariane 5 ECA, which is 53 meters tall, and when I attach the fairings to it, they hit the VAB roof.

When have I ever made a scaled down rocket? And even 57,6 meter is pushing it to the limit in the stock VAB. I am almost done with Ariane 5 ECA, which is 53 meters tall, and when I attach the fairings to it, they hit the VAB roof.
I meant like for stock KSP.

And there's always HangarExtender...

• 2 weeks later...

Status update:

Getting ever closer to releasing the next update. I started off with just wanting to make Ariane 5 ECA and ES, but quickly realized there was much to be done with the older launchers as well. I've spent copious amounts of hours re-doing textures, making some new models for engines, upper stages etc, balancing the mod for Stock KSP and Career Mode and so on and so forth. The next version of this mod will be version 1.1 (because of KSP 1.1 hype) and will contain a whole bunch of upgrades and tweaks to the older launchers, as well as adding Ariane 5 ECA (for dual satellite launches) and Ariane 5 ES (with ATV). I may also do ETC, Real Plume and RO configs for all launchers. Every single change will be added to the changelog once the release is public. In the mean time, here is a imgur album with a couple of pictures of Ariane 5 ECA.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Status update:

Getting ever closer to releasing the next update. I started off with just wanting to make Ariane 5 ECA and ES, but quickly realized there was much to be done with the older launchers as well. I've spent copious amounts of hours re-doing textures, making some new models for engines, upper stages etc, balancing the mod for Stock KSP and Career Mode and so on and so forth. The next version of this mod will be version 1.1 (because of KSP 1.1 hype) and will contain a whole bunch of upgrades and tweaks to the older launchers, as well as adding Ariane 5 ECA (for dual satellite launches) and Ariane 5 ES (with ATV). I may also do ETC, Real Plume and RO configs for all launchers. Every single change will be added to the changelog once the release is public. In the mean time, here is a imgur album with a couple of pictures of Ariane 5 ECA.

http://imgur.com/a/bSKXY

Glad to hear... Looking good!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.