Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Hey, how is the Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives development getting along. Any progress yet?

i've had no real time to even start yet, just started grad school & work entered a busy season.

As Kerbalstuff has shut down, please know that you can always find the current release at https://github.com/ABZB/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration/releases

and the latest commits [i.e. experimental, unreleased, if you are not familiar with Github] at https://github.com/ABZB/Mk2_Extended_KSPI_Integration

EDIT:

I have submitted a pull request to CKAN, it will point to my Github going forward.

Edited by ABZB

9 hours ago, ShadyAct said:

@ABZB Do your MM patches store variables? I want to integrate the B9 parts with Interstellar fuels but I don't know if I would have to do each one individually to get the storage correct.

I'm not sure what you're asking - could you elaborate?

11 minutes ago, ABZB said:

I'm not sure what you're asking - could you elaborate?

Do the ModuleManager patches in your mod retrieve the amount of fuel in a fuel tank as it processes it and then decide how much Interstellar fuel it can hold based on that or do you have to do the calculation manually and define each part that has fuel in it.

Just now, ShadyAct said:

Do the ModuleManager patches in your mod retrieve the amount of fuel in a fuel tank as it processes it and then decide how much Interstellar fuel it can hold based on that or do you have to do the calculation manually and define each part that has fuel in it.

The former. Exactly which fuels get processed depends on what of certain other mods are detected.

Any tank that has LF, and only LF will get processed in every case (unless it already has a ModuleFueltanks or IFS)

Just now, ABZB said:

The former. Exactly which fuels get processed depends on what of certain other mods are detected.

Any tank that has LF, and only LF will get processed in every case (unless it already has a ModuleFueltanks or IFS)

Is there documentation on the syntax for doing that? IIRC, there is an MM wiki but the information is kind of sparse. I should be able to figure it out if I just stare at your code for long enough :P I wanted to do that for B9 parts and for the Spherical and Toroidal tank pack and I guess every fuel tank in every mod I use.

If anyone has nice spaceplane pic that captures this mod nicely, I'd appreciate it for the banner for spacedock, I seem to have misplaced the old one (and it was outdated anyway).

Please be aware though, that CKAN now points to my Github, and the current update it's pushing is only compatible with the pre-release of mk2-extended (it's only incompatible with the old mk2-extended, if you don't have that installed at all, not problem)

Heya, big fan of the MK2 expansion and your KSPI adaptation.
being that this whole mod is about space planes, and there's a new version of OPT coming out soon... (v1.8 beta release 4)

well perhaps you two should share notes? I would beyond love to see KSPI compatibility in opt designs. more so the larger form factors makes for nice places for reactors an such. also the electric thrusters are super useful on larger space-planes...

oh, also a small request. any chance you could add KSPI electric thrusters/resource to the AoA falcon RCS cockpit? I've done it myself, and i think it would be good for everyone to have a MK2 drone cockpit with electric thrusters.

Edited by Rushligh
I herped the derp.

http://spacedock.info/mod/230/Mk2%20Extended%20KSPI%20Integration

5 hours ago, Rushligh said:

Heya, big fan of the MK2 expansion and your KSPI adaptation.
being that this whole mod is about space planes, and there's a new version of OPT coming out soon... (v1.8 beta release 4)

well perhaps you two should share notes? I would beyond love to see KSPI compatibility in opt designs. more so the larger form factors makes for nice places for reactors an such. also the electric thrusters are super useful on larger space-planes...

oh, also a small request. any chance you could add KSPI electric thrusters/resource to the AoA falcon RCS cockpit? I've done it myself, and i think it would be good for everyone to have a MK2 drone cockpit with electric thrusters.

Yeah - I can work on that.

2 hours ago, ShadyAct said:

Would a patch for Interstellar and B9 parts be within the scope of this project? I have a rough and ready version that I'm using myself.

Which 'Interstellar' mod?

Do either of them add Modular Fuel Tanks, FSfuelswitch, or IFS to their own parts? If they do, just deleting those patches will let my mod handle them... Although if you have MFT or Realfuels installed, my patches will only touch parts with exactly LF...

8 minutes ago, ABZB said:

Which 'Interstellar' mod?

Do either of them add Modular Fuel Tanks, FSfuelswitch, or IFS to their own parts? If they do, just deleting those patches will let my mod handle them... Although if you have MFT or Realfuels installed, my patches will only touch parts with exactly LF...

Interstellar Fuel Switch. B9 parts have their own module that handles mesh and texture switching. I made an MM patch based off of your mod that gets rid of that and adds in the Interstellar Fuel module. As far as I can tell, your patches look for a RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] and B9 parts don't seem to have that. I don't have MFT or Realfuels.

Edited by ShadyAct

I've updated the OP with the spacedock download link. I also added a link to my Github repository, which also has the experimental builds (and sometimes unreleased commits, for the adventurous). Feel free to use the bug-reporting there, if you want.

35 minutes ago, ABZB said:

I've updated the OP with the spacedock download link. I also added a link to my Github repository, which also has the experimental builds (and sometimes unreleased commits, for the adventurous). Feel free to use the bug-reporting there, if you want.

Nice but the Space Dock link on your OP still direct to a non authorised location. Perhaps you should publish your mod

Edited by FreeThinker

6 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Nice but the Space Dock link on your OP still direct to a non authorised location. Perhaps you should publish your mod

ahhh - forgot about that! thanks.

its not working for me. it stops loading on the loading of the mk2 expansion mk2 nuclear generator, i think? i have a null reference exception and a argument out of index from the log when it stops. the only other mod that id guess would affect it is FAR. maybe i have something else too? but still, if u have any ideas, on whats causing it, please tell.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:17 PM, 123nick said:

its not working for me. it stops loading on the loading of the mk2 expansion mk2 nuclear generator, i think? i have a null reference exception and a argument out of index from the log when it stops. the only other mod that id guess would affect it is FAR. maybe i have something else too? but still, if u have any ideas, on whats causing it, please tell.

I'm having the same issue. Loading stops on "M2X_Generator_CP". I allowed it thirty minutes to load, and it did not on that specific part. And presumably the others after it. My current strategy is to remove "mk2_KSPI_Power.cfg" until I start feeling like troubleshooting it. At a guesstimate, I'd say that since it doesn't have definite values put in and seems to be trying to draw data from KSPI-E to generate the parts it's referring to, my PC isn't playing nice with that. But I don't really feel like messing with it right now. Maybe I'll grab appropriate KSPI-E values and manually plug them in later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.