[1.8-1.12] Kethane Plugin and Parts 0.11.0 - Now with background scanning.

taniwha

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Bad english isn't a problem.  Lack of useful information to help troubleshooting is.

You are right. Part KE-C190 Heavy Converter Unit. If i press button "Activate Rocket Fuel Converter": or game go in system (crash log don't crate!), or interface of game crashing, or crash & craft is disappear.:confused:  I don't make screenshot in this situation. I'm very disappointed - this is a great mod! :(((((((

1 hour ago, ElGazo said:

You are right. Part KE-C190 Heavy Converter Unit. If i press button "Activate Rocket Fuel Converter": or game go in system (crash log don't crate!), or interface of game crashing, or crash & craft is disappear.:confused:  I don't make screenshot in this situation. I'm very disappointed - this is a great mod! :(((((((

That's a little better, but still won't get us very far.  Things like, KSP version, Mod version.  Screenshot of gamedata folder, KSP logs (not crash logs)

Now that Space-X has started releasing info on their LCH4 and LOX Raptor engines, it'd be pretty sweet to have some Kethane engines. Since kethane is ~methane, seems like a slam dunk and a nice part to add.

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Uh, no, Kethane is not methane (though it might contain large quantities of it). Even Majiir stated as much (along the lines of some sort of slurry).

Most likely caused by the ultra dense material in the core of the planets.

3 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Most likely caused by the ultra dense material in the core of the planets.

Nah, no ultra-dense material, just G being 10x what it is here, and the Kerbals getting hold of one of our textbooks and miscalculating the masses of all their planets.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

Uh, no, Kethane is not methane (though it might contain large quantities of it). Even Majiir stated as much (along the lines of some sort of slurry).

Oh, sorry. Methane hydrate, maybe? From Majiir:

Kethane is indeed similar to liquid methane, although there are some oddities where Kethane can be converted to oxidizer and even contains trace xenon. Perhaps consider Kethane to be like liquid methane with a lot of impurities. In the future, Kethane may lose its ability to convert to oxidizer, but it will always be convertible to some kind of fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but it's not at the top of my list (close to it, though).

Got an issue to sort out in MFT, then I want to get EL out, check if my other mods are low hanging fruit and if so, get them out, then Kethane (if the other mods look like they need a pile of work, I might do kethane first).

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Ninjadude501Alt said:

So, I haven't used Kethane a ton, but now I'm left with a question.

With the release of stock ore, what is the point of Kethane anymore?

From my perspective, yes. 

The investment in time needed to scan for resources, plus the fact that they are finite on planets makes the Kethane mod a must have for me. Infinite fuel from "ore" feels like too much of a cheat for me.

I have read arguments that given the rate of resource extraction here on Earth, the idea of Kerbals significantly depleting things on Kerbin (or other planets) in a game is vanishingly small, but I love the added limitation. It makes me plan my off world missions much more carefully.

The grid showing up in the main menu has been a feature since its inception. It's the first confirmation you get that Kethane is working.

That said, if you put the following into Kethane/settings.cfg, you can turn it off:

ShowInMenu = False

But why would you want to do that? :)

Oh, indeed. That was the approach I took with passing on the info about the option. For a very long time, one of my mottoes has been "it's better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it" (maybe I should put that in my sig).

Really looking forward to seeing this mod being brought back to life finally.

I always thought that karbonite never quite compared in the realism or the fun to use in comparison to Kethane. So glad that great people in this community are fighting to keep these mods alive, wish I had experience so i could help do the same XD

6 hours ago, KilleKalle said:

Having the same problem as "Dirca" on page 5. Pink Planet cant see any deposits. Would post a Picture but its exactly the same problem anyway..

Happens in a

Clean install KSP 1.2 and KSP 1.21

Same problem here, and I can't make heads or tails of what Dirca did to fix his issues... Hoping someone else chimes in with some help!

Edited by KernherVonBraun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.