Join the Mellow Space Program

LitaAlto

(Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. Feel free to move it as needed.)

I don't know about others, but while I love Danny2462 and Scott Manley and Jacksepticeye and KurtJMac and so forth... there are times when what I need is something more low-key. More space eye-candy, less explosions, you might say. And I wound up creating a few, and I've found at least one other video in a similar vein.

I call the resulting playlist, the Mellow Space Program.

Because I think there is a niche for soothing, relaxing, dreamlike, chill KSP videos, I'd like to invite others to submit their videos if they'd like to be included in the Mellow Space Program playlist.

There isn't much constraint on content as long as it's on-theme, visually and musically. (My own video, "Noodle Rocket Ballet," would have made the cut if it didn't intentionally feature explosions.)

If you'd like to include your video, you can either post it in this thread, or use the tag "Mellow Space Program" on your YouTube video.

Thanks.

In closing--I did not make this video, but it's so very gorgeous, extremely well-edited, and simply lovely to watch and listen to.

Edited by LitaAlto
Looks like some text was lost during forum migration. Fixed.

Interesting idea. Pretty much any of Nassault's early videos would qualify I'd think, at last the ones that use Stellardrone as their soundtracks. Those are the very definition of mellow.

Good point, I'll probably review those. Thanks.

It's not my own video, but one of Kurt's old videos seems to fit rather well:

An excellent find, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

When it comes to mellow space programs, the tranquil, graceful, deceptively simple Primitive Orbital Station could be your cup of tea.

Episode 3 is definitely Mellow Space Program material. I have to think about Episode 4, if only because of the horns, but I might wind up adding it anyhow. Thank you very much!

Incidentally, this isn't exactly Mellow Space Program material, but seeing AMSRCast's KSP videos was very nice in its own way.

Thanks for your review. I have a varied mix of 'fast' and 'slow' videos and I was wondering about the viability of the slow and ultra slow ones like POS Ep. 3. I will definitely make more videos of the same style - challenging to setup interesting scenes but sometimes they appear spontaneously, like the 'swimming in space' animation! :)

Thanks for your review. I have a varied mix of 'fast' and 'slow' videos and I was wondering about the viability of the slow and ultra slow ones like POS Ep. 3. I will definitely make more videos of the same style - challenging to setup interesting scenes but sometimes they appear spontaneously, like the 'swimming in space' animation! :)

It wasn't that much of a review. :wink: I like your videos and crafts quite a lot, and I especially loved seeing the Kerbals in Episode 4--even the one spinning out of control. Please, do make more!

Signed to your channel last night (and played KSP while it played on AppleTV), mellow indeed. I also agree with first comment, Nassault's videos are great for this (I didn't know them before, watched yesterday for the first time).

There was also a video I watched once, but can't remember the author or title. I think it was "Bob". It's a plot where Kerbin turns into a white dwarf, and Jeb and Bob come up with a plan to nuke Jool into a new sun using a NERVA as catalyst. That was sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

And did you ever deliver!

*cries from the sheer beauty*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the explosions kinda ruin the video for Mellow Space Program purposes--but I do like the video a lot. It's the only video about a game that I've ever seen, that makes me cry every time I see it.

Why did you have to make me cry right now? You big meanie. ;) 

31 minutes ago, purpleivan said:

This is the first cinematic I made in KSP and it's fairly mellow.

It's got a bunch of issues and is often too dark, but the intention was mainly to get used to using various camera related mods in the game.

I like it and I added it to the playlist. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.