[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

How's the ISS update going? I'm tinkering with some misc. ISS parts, including new solar panels for Zarya and the radiators, both taken from NFP and modified (with Nertea's permission, of course). With that and your parts we'd only be missing robotics and Rassvet (I have a model that could work, but it's low quality, the author is gone and I don't have a permission to release it).

worked :) ty, is there anyway to make the science on the rovers reuseable?

Yes, just add this line in the science module:

rerunnable = True

How's the ISS update going? I'm tinkering with some misc. ISS parts, including new solar panels for Zarya and the radiators, both taken from NFP and modified (with Nertea's permission, of course). With that and your parts we'd only be missing robotics and Rassvet (I have a model that could work, but it's low quality, the author is gone and I don't have a permission to release it).

Evereything seems to be fixed and working well. I will send it to Bobcat for a future release.

Evereything seems to be fixed and working well. I will send it to Bobcat for a future release.

Could you send it to me, too, for testing? I'd like to run an "all-up" ISS test, with all the updates, just to see if there are no issues on interaction between modules (I'm going to deliver them one by one), the spacecraft and the new KSP version. Also, did you notice the new Soyuz version in BobCat's thread? You might want to tweak the adapter to suit the new PAO.

Hey Yogui87 i have got a question. The Zeus Space Telescope isnt in the Tech Tree can you help me?

You sent me a PM and I answered you back. This issue will be solved in the next update. Just add these lines in the cfg file.

TechRequired = advExploration

entryCost = 5000

Would love to see the Pandora revised. With science active it could become a valuable tool. Not to mention it is by far my favorite unmanned rover. Thx for your great contributions Yogui.

I started working on the rovers update but I lost some files so I need to remake the update from the begining. Science will be added, a functional NavCam and probably the robotic arm will be animated instead of using infernal robotics plugin. I'm off for a week and then I'll work on the update again.

Nobody loves you, Ariane! Soyuz-ST FTW! EDIT: I only installed the Viking/Valkyrie. The save for it doesn't work. Wat. Help

I love Ariane 4, for me it's one of the most beautifull rocket... with Soyouz, I agree with you. What exactly doesn't work with Viking and Valkyrie? I can't find what you're talking about.

New parts are coming for Icarus:

37g7prdgb05tgqd6g.jpg

Edited by Yogui87

-Snip-

New parts are coming for Icarus:

https://www./convkey/c957/37g7prdgb05tgqd6g.jpg

Ah, very good to hear, and I like the look of the new stuff! One question: By "Truss X2 and X4" I take it you mean that these will be longer sections? If so, that's excellent news, it'll be nice to be able to use fewer parts and have more rigidity. :)

Keep up the great work, Yogui! I look forward to a release soon. Thanks for continuing to work on and update this mod. :)

Later! :D

Ah, very good to hear, and I like the look of the new stuff! One question: By "Truss X2 and X4" I take it you mean that these will be longer sections? If so, that's excellent news, it'll be nice to be able to use fewer parts and have more rigidity.

You're all right.

Awesome. :) How does the VASIMR work? An electric engine running on LFO? Or is that like NFP VASIMRs?

Here my documentation: VASIMR Wiki fr or english version

I'm kinda suprised that the Icarus is a SSTO. I mean, it just looks Overpowered. Or does it SLS propulsion? Since they can SSTO :P

Now with the dockingNode truss and the new big rocket parts, the ship can be build into space. I think I'll tweak the engine to be more realistic (something like a nuclear or ion engine)

I know what the VASIMR is. :) I'm asking how are you gonna make your version work. It's impossible to do a VASIMR in KSP without plugins or simplification. So I'm asking, how is it going to work?

Ok, I misunderstood what you were talking about. I'm not sure but I think I don't make the engine togglable between the 2 propulsion's mode. I need to make more tests to see if it's usefull.

I forgot to ask earlier - Besides the large docking/cargo bays (obviously), do any of the other new parts have animations? I'd think that the 'space wheel' rotates at least. :) But anything with the forward shield or command pod? Just curious, it'll give me a better idea of how to plan my next ship, that's all, lol.

Of course, if this is releasing in a day or 2 you don't need to answer, just release 'em and I'll find out when I download. But if it's still going to be a week or more, well, 'enquiring minds want to know!', lol. :D

I forgot to ask earlier - Besides the large docking/cargo bays (obviously), do any of the other new parts have animations? I'd think that the 'space wheel' rotates at least. :) But anything with the forward shield or command pod? Just curious, it'll give me a better idea of how to plan my next ship, that's all, lol.

The cargo bay has a door animated. The spacewheel is animated too. Truss, engine and command pod aren't animated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.