[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I can help you out with configs, I'm good with those. Just send me the model and textures, plus some basic info (node coordinates, functionality you want to have, transform and animation names), and I'll write you up a config. Internals are a bit more complicated, but they're almost 100% coordinates.

I'll give you some "homework"" soon^^.

[sNIP]

Never mind I'm just going to stop using this mod, cant get no help, no reason to continue to use it.

First don't get worked up over such a little thing. I can't reproduce your issue, that's why I didn't answer you earlier. I was investigating from my side.

I think it can be 2 things:

1. a plugin issue. Try to remove all plugins and see if the issue is solve.

2. a corrupted file (maybe craft file). Try to redownload the mod and/or try to manually build the craft.

Yogui87: any comment on my post about the solar panels textures being very prone to moire/aliasing?

Sorry, I forgot to answer you. You're right to remember me.

I think it's moire effect because the texture is 1024x1024, I can't make it much bigger. It's not a main issue so when I'll have a little more time, I'll have a look to fix it if I can.

Here some dev new of my ISS parts. Pirs, Poisk, and Z1 truss are done and functional, just need some small lag to fix. Here some pics and a video of Poisk's stowage to ISS.

ge5iqy7l622cy764g.jpg 81xek2m32eepcnm4g.jpg

(video is uploading, wait for +-45min)

I need to work on JEM modules lag and make the cupola cfg file. I think I solve the issue when JEM modules unstacked after a F9 loading.

Could you make the Pirs/Poisk adapter a bit more realistic? Like here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/STS-129_ISS-21_Poisk.jpg

Oh, and don't forget to give it a command module, so we can deorbit PAO afterwards (TBH, the command pod probably should be in the adapter, not the module).

Also, do you think you could make the MBS using this mod?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-23-Techtree-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-12-(1-30-2014)

It's an updated version of Damned Robotics. You could also make CanadArm2 (using that, and KAS), though BobCat/Romfarer one kinda works.

That would complete the most important ISS elements. There were some other (small radiator panels, EXPRESS Logistics Carriers, experiment racks), but they can wait.

Edited by Guest

That looks about right, but notice it doesn't have it's thermal blankets. You can see on the pic I posted that they covered the connection between the PAO and the module.

Could you make the Pirs/Poisk adapter a bit more realistic? Like here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/STS-129_ISS-21_Poisk.jpg

Oh, and don't forget to give it a command module, so we can deorbit PAO afterwards (TBH, the command pod probably should be in the adapter, not the module).

Also, do you think you could make the MBS using this mod?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-23-Techtree-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-12-(1-30-2014)

It's an updated version of Damned Robotics. You could also make CanadArm2 (using that, and KAS), though BobCat/Romfarer one kinda works.

That would complete the most important ISS elements. There were some other (small radiator panels, EXPRESS Logistics Carriers, experiment racks), but they can wait.

That looks about right, but notice it doesn't have it's thermal blankets. You can see on the pic I posted that they covered the connection between the PAO and the module.

I'm not sure to add the thermal blanket, I like it as it is now. About MBS, I longly though about it and I think it's not significative in KSP and it's hard to manipulate this robotic arm.

PS: the video is uploaded now^^.

The rest of the Soyuz is covered with thermal blankets, BobCat modeled them. So it seems fitting to have it. You could do it as an optional shroud, attached like payload fairings.

Also, MBS is a significant part for KSP. Without it, the arm can't reach the far parts of the truss, and the Shuttle arm is too short. If you made IR-based CanadArm2, too, that would help stability problems somewhat, because Infernal Robotics is more stable than Romfarer's mod.

Sorry, I forgot to answer you. You're right to remember me.

I think it's moire effect because the texture is 1024x1024, I can't make it much bigger. It's not a main issue so when I'll have a little more time, I'll have a look to fix it if I can.

I don't think it's the resolution, or actually it might be because the resolution is so high, I think it has to do with the size of the elements on the texture, they're tiny and in a regular patten meaning it tends to aliase/moire, if the pattern was larger it would be less of an issue, though I admit this is pretty small issue.

Is the Icarus going to get any love? The reason I ask is because the rotation of the arms lags it so much! LLL's rotating arms don't lag at all. Also, is the heat shield going to get Deadly reentry love as well in the future? I was thinking maybe it could have a regenerating layer of protection?

Edited by GoldForest

Is the Icarus going to get any love? The reason I ask is because the rotation of the arms lags it so much! LLL's rotating arms don't lag at all. Also, is the heat shield going to get Deadly reentry love as well in the future? I was thinking maybe it could have a regenerating layer of protection?

I'm working on Icarus to fix the lag. A release is planed for soon.

I'm working on Icarus to fix the lag. A release is planed for soon.

Great, I await it! Maybe you could ask Lack how he gets his rotation part to rotate without lag? It's a non plugin mod, so he has to be doing something with the animation to make it smooth and non laggy.

The same problem as in other stuff, I suppose? It'd be great to see this fixed. Also, are you gonna make a truss docking port for Icarus? It looks like something that should be assembled in orbit.

I can either activate the motors or lower the DSL wheels, not both. If I do one, the menu says "menu disabled". Why?

Have you correctly installed the plugins? You may update the plugins. The links in the INSTRUCTION.txt file may be outdated.

Rovers will be updated soon to 0.23.

ESA pack had been updated to 0.23. Now 3rd stages are command pods.

Download LH_ESApack v0.7

Icarus has been updated too. I fixed the lag issues with the centrifuge and the animated heatshield. Radial docks have been added in order to build the ship in orbit. New parts will comme soon (spacewheel and big docks bigs probes or 3-men landers).

Download LH_Icarus_v0.2

Best crafts made with Icarus parts will be added as "stock" craft in the next update.

Regarding the ESA pack, there's a problem with Diamant. I learned that it was, in fact, a liquid fuel rocket (using hyeprgolic propellants) with a solid 3rd stage. Could you make it like that? It's not easy to reconfigure to this, because it needs a decoupler between 1st and the 2nd stage.

Also, I've found something interesting about Diamant BP.4. It turns out that if the first stage is just a stretched Diamant A first stage, and the 3rd stage is the same as on Europa B and Diamant B. This makes me think that making all Diamants would be, in fact, rather simple, and you'd also get an Europa B for free. Just make two solid stages a bunch of fairings, and stretch the Diamant 1st stage.

EDIT: Also, found out something about the ATV. It had 5 thrusters in it's RCS blocks. Two forward, one aft, one to each side. It'd be nice if you made this block:

atv-thruster-cluster.jpg

Notice the canted nozzles. This makes sense, since the blocks are offset 45 degrees to the side, such a layout means you're not wasting monoprop when translating.

Edited by Guest

Regarding the ESA pack, there's a problem with Diamant. I learned that it was, in fact, a liquid fuel rocket (using hyeprgolic propellants) with a solid 3rd stage. Could you make it like that? It's not easy to reconfigure to this, because it needs a decoupler between 1st and the 2nd stage.

Also, I've found something interesting about Diamant BP.4. It turns out that if the first stage is just a stretched Diamant A first stage, and the 3rd stage is the same as on Europa B and Diamant B. This makes me think that making all Diamants would be, in fact, rather simple, and you'd also get an Europa B for free. Just make two solid stages a bunch of fairings, and stretch the Diamant 1st stage.

EDIT: Also, found out something about the ATV. It had 5 thrusters in it's RCS blocks. Two forward, one aft, one to each side. It'd be nice if you made this block:

http://cs.astrium.eads.net/sp/spacecraft-propulsion/bipropellant-thrusters/images/atv-thruster-cluster.jpg

Notice the canted nozzles. This makes sense, since the blocks are offset 45 degrees to the side, such a layout means you're not wasting monoprop when translating.

I will fix that for the next update.

How do I place the "head" of DSL?... I can't place it anywhere :(

The head goes to the top of the mast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.