[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I'll check if the animation lag on Voyager, Icarus and Viking persists. Arianes should work, they're not anything particularly innovative. Rovers won't work at all with the current setup, though. The plugin is borked and nobody is going to fix it, so you should migrate the wheels to the stock system.

Looks like the .23 update broke something. The rover no longer moves and the UI from moving the arms is no longer visible. :(

Not Yogui's fault. The plugins were broken in 0.23. CleverBobCat probably for good, InfernalRobotics and Lazor System should soon be fixed.

Just downloaded DSL_Pandora_v1.4.1 , cause I think that mod is awesome. Currently using 0.23 which seems to have broken it. I do not see any UI for the robotic arm and I cannot raise the laser eye. The turning of the eye still works, so is the laser, it is just the servos you cannot control atm, pity I wanted to add whole magazines of this rover to my new Space Ship :(

There is a new cleverbobcat DLL updated for 0.23 this may correct some of the functionality loss

yup did that as well, the driving works just fine, but no impact on the servos :)

541 (5 meter fairings, 4 SRB's, single nozzle centaur upperstage) , not 504 as the centaur never had/will never have four engines.

I knew that ;)

Yes, sorry, mental block, it's a Atlas 5 541 configuration.

There's no such thing as a 504 currently AFAIK? They all use single engine Centaur upper stages (indicated as you say by thew '1' at the end) at the moment.

Anyway! Yes, a minor rescale will fit it neatly into the 5m Atlas fairings, it's pretty-much the correct size.

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I couldn't find any posts about it so I'm guessing it's just me. With the DSL Pandora rover and only the rover, there is a huge fps drop and it spams the debug log with errors. Then, after a while my game will crash from a visual c++ runtime error. I remember back in 0.22 with the Prometheus rover there was a fps drop until you deployed the solar panels but no where near the fps drop as with the Pandora.

grNLr1a.png

XfMcXnE.jpg

Why does the the Pandora's heat shield destroy everything when it decouples I removed the decoupler from the CFG file and put a little AIES decoupler in and it works perfectly, I would prefer to use the in built decoupler but it just destroys everything any suggestions on how to make this work meanwhile I will use the work around

Why does the the Pandora's heat shield destroy everything when it decouples I removed the decoupler from the CFG file and put a little AIES decoupler in and it works perfectly, I would prefer to use the in built decoupler but it just destroys everything any suggestions on how to make this work meanwhile I will use the work around

I've done a little testing and it doesn't happen without those two little struts that connect to the sides of the sky crane and the heatshield to keep the skycrane and rover assembly from twisting, which leads me to believe that the struts don't break as soon as you decouple the heat shield and the struts pull the heat shield into the rover and blow it up. The way I fixed it was I increased the mass of the heat shield from the default (I think atleast) 0.1 to 0.5 and changed the decouple ejection force of the heatshield to 10.

Thanks for that I will make those changes and see if it works

Thanks DrBackjack those changes worked perfectly mass to 0.5 ejection to 10 :)

the problem came back so I increased the crash value up on the wheels and its now solved

Edited by Virtualgenius

I have an idea for ESA pack. How about cryogenic upper stages for Ariane 5? There are two versions, once uses the Vinci engine you already modeled for Ariane 6, the other would require a new engine.

Also, I've found a problem with the Vinci. IRL, it has a movable nozzle extension similar to RL-10-B2 and RD-0146D. Could you model it? To date, only CBBP's RD-0146D has this feature, and I'd love to see more such engines.

EDIT: Oh, and I just found an interesting piece of info about Diamant. It had two liquid lower stages and a solid 3rd stage. It wasn't an all-solid launcher like you made it.

Edited by Guest

*bump*

Does anyone have thrust curves for Ariane 5 EAP boosters and for Vega? I need them for making an RSS config file for ESA pack. Otherwise, they'll burn 30 seconds too short and exert far too much force towards the end of the burn.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the ESA pack works in 0.23. The only changes needed are pretty much cosmetic. Most other mods seem to work too, as long as the dependencies are updated.

Oh, and if you need some help with configuring/testing ISS parts, I could lend you a hand. As long as Unity-side stuff is done, I can do whatever needs doing in the config.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.