[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Yogui87 I would like to ask. Your tutorials helped me a lot to create mods, but I do not understand how you transfer the file "blend" in Unity. When exporting the format "dae" Unity does not find animation =( . I would be very grateful for the help.

Yogui87 I would like to ask. Your tutorials helped me a lot to create mods, but I do not understand how you transfer the file "blend" in Unity. When exporting the format "dae" Unity does not find animation =( . I would be very grateful for the help.

Just import your .blend file to Unity. You don't have to export to .dae (animation not supported under Unity).

Just import your .blend file to Unity. You don't have to export to .dae (animation not supported under Unity).

The problem is that my unity does not read file "blend": Tell me which version you have unity. (I have 4.2.1).

Question about the MEM.

I've noticed a few things while using it with Iamaphazael's(sp?) Saturn V(Apollo Missions Pack.) Namely that the fuel drains from the ascent stage and descent stage during circularization burns and pretty much every other orbital maneuver.

Why is this happening and how can I stop it, it's irritating and has kept me from running missions the way I want to. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

If it helps any, I was doing this with the Apollo Missions Pack Saturn V, the MEM and MechJeb.

Here the brand new Icarus interstellar ship. The mod is under beta release and will be updated soon and fequently to reach the goal of creating a base anywhere in the Kerbol system.

For this early release, you can play with the Icarus. In the next releases, i'll add new parts to build new vessels, life support, drop pods to build a base...

np48anmiugp3k8o4g.jpgthumbnail_448.png

Download LH_Icarus_v0.1_beta

The upper two stages of the Ariane 6 are nearly enough to get into an orbit with the peri above 79 km, its insane.

How heavy was your payload?

That looks alot like the ICARUS From Sunshine.. You should include a second larger heatshield to stack in front of that little one!

..And a interstellar bomb.

(Seriously, though, That looks awesome)

Mabye some more texture love?

Another heatshield is planed for the next update.

What about your probes and rovers, have they been updated to do science?

Not yet but they'll be soon.

Edited by Yogui87

Awesome new mega spacecraft Yogui.

Have you considered making some of the Space Race-era American probes (Mariner, the earlier Pioneers, Surveyor, etc.). FASA has most of the Mercury/Gemini stuff done or in progress, and several people are working on Apollo stuff. Add in some nice 1960s probes and we could create our own career with American space stuff.

Have you considered making some of the Space Race-era American probes (Mariner, the earlier Pioneers, Surveyor, etc.). FASA has most of the Mercury/Gemini stuff done or in progress, and several people are working on Apollo stuff. Add in some nice 1960s probes and we could create our own career with American space stuff.

That would be nice, but I'd rather see a better spacecraft for the Prometheus, Cassini-Huygens and Mars Pathfinder. Basically, what's listed in the OP.

I'm planing a satellite/ probe pack with historical parts (most popular ones) you could stack to make new probes.

I noticed that the Icarus was not inserted into any of the tech trees. Is this intentional?

Right now, it's just a beta, many updates will be done soon. It's planed but I need to have a look more deeper to tech tree before adding it to the mod.

Edited by Yogui87

So, I've tried the Icarus. I've got quite a few suggestions.

1. The centrifuge lags the game whenever it's present. VAB and in flight, regardless if it's rotating or not. This makes using the ship problematic.

2. "O2" (I'm assuming life support) has no collider.

3. I really hoped the tanks would be interchangeable, not fused to the truss like that. Not too big of a deal, but I hoped for more modularity.

4. It'd be great if you made a hexagonal truss dockport. It'd be a nice addition to those who like orbital assembly.

5. Similarly, I think that a separated "docking capsule" and a slim, white dockport would be a nice addition.

6. It'd look really nice if those "RTG" parts could extend instead of that starting big. Same for the cockpit, I think that it'd be really cool to see those antennae/radiators unfolding from stowage.

7. It could use a hexagonal section with a normal docking node, housing either specialized docking port or even Clamp-O-Trons. Useful for docking shuttles and the like.

8. I don't like the drive system. Infinite fuel and absurd TWR. Also, doesn't need any visible fuel tanks. It'd be nice if you made a version with limited fuel (in a separate tank) and low TWR.

9. There's no attitude control system besides reaction wheels. This ship could really use one.

10. Finally, the names are very nondescriptive and the parts could use better descriptions. I'm sure that's planned.

So, I've tried the Icarus. I've got quite a few suggestions.

1. The centrifuge lags the game whenever it's present. VAB and in flight, regardless if it's rotating or not. This makes using the ship problematic.

2. "O2" (I'm assuming life support) has no collider.

3. I really hoped the tanks would be interchangeable, not fused to the truss like that. Not too big of a deal, but I hoped for more modularity.

4. It'd be great if you made a hexagonal truss dockport. It'd be a nice addition to those who like orbital assembly.

5. Similarly, I think that a separated "docking capsule" and a slim, white dockport would be a nice addition.

6. It'd look really nice if those "RTG" parts could extend instead of that starting big. Same for the cockpit, I think that it'd be really cool to see those antennae/radiators unfolding from stowage.

7. It could use a hexagonal section with a normal docking node, housing either specialized docking port or even Clamp-O-Trons. Useful for docking shuttles and the like.

8. I don't like the drive system. Infinite fuel and absurd TWR. Also, doesn't need any visible fuel tanks. It'd be nice if you made a version with limited fuel (in a separate tank) and low TWR.

9. There's no attitude control system besides reaction wheels. This ship could really use one.

10. Finally, the names are very nondescriptive and the parts could use better descriptions. I'm sure that's planned.

1. Never lag on my computer. What is your config?

2. I'll fix that asap.

3. I made this choice to reduce part count. I've got to balance the quantity of ressources for life support.

4. That's planned. Don't know f it will wobble or not.

5. Planned^^.

6. RTGs have to be far from the ship un order to protect from radiations. Didn't think about deploying command pod radiators, why not.

7. Same as n°5?

8. Difficult choice but since you can't build the ship in space, I need a way to take off Kerbin. The nuclear "fuel" regenerates but very slowly, so you have to park in orbit for a long time before leaving Kerbin SOI. I'm not totally satisfied too, this may be change.

9. Until this week, Icarus uses old SAS system (before v0.19), I think this can be improved.

10. This is a beta release and a lot of things are unfinished and unsatisfing me. May be you could help me?

Contact me by PM if you want to send me more feedbacks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.