[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Instead of doing it as one piece, why not do icarus modularly, after all they are bringing in sub assembly in the enxt release, and after all, the BBC's vessel would have been constructed in orbit. That was you don't have to try and push everything together into one vessel and can let your creativity really florish.

Instead of doing it as one piece, why not do icarus modularly, after all they are bringing in sub assembly in the enxt release, and after all, the BBC's vessel would have been constructed in orbit. That was you don't have to try and push everything together into one vessel and can let your creativity really florish.
Icarus will be modular, I wanted players could build they're own ship. Best ones ill be added as "stock" ships of the mod.
Can hyperedit be used to bring Icarus into orbit?
Right now, I don't want to use it for my mod (this mod may require some other mods) but you can use it if you want.

Also, Yogui, if a Saturn-Analogous planet is to be implemented in KSP, will you be working on a Cassini-like probe with Huygens on it?
Cassini probe is planed, I'll make a probe/satellite pack when Icarus mod will be finished.
I ment like, insteado f making the icarus core section one ships thats limited in size by the VAB he could do like "engine module" section etc, and then have all those bits formed together in orbit
Building a ship in orbit needs a lot of docking nodes witch mean a lot of parts (part count x2) and a "spaghetti ship" (weak links between docking nodes). I though about it and abandon the idea since these issues are solved by SQUAD.

I also have a question about the Hermes deep space probe's RTG's. If the probe is VERY VERY far from the sun, why won't the RTG's be barely working like the real Voyager's RTG's.
I don't understand what are you telling about?

I don't understand what are you telling about?

The RTG's. If they are like, so far from the sun like Voyager 1 is, shouldn't they not produce so much power? It would add a taste of realism to the Probe, since Voyager 1 is like, very far from the sun (in interstellar space in fact) that its RTG's are barely producing enough power for the instruments.

Voyagers RTG is running low not cos of distance but cos of time. Voyager has been running for a long time, the radioactive material in the RTG is constantly decreasing through the materials halflife, think of it like a nuclear battery thats slowly running out. it doesn't collect solar energy or anything like that, its the reason RTG's where using instead of solar cells for them, cos past the orbit of mars solar panels have ot be so large to get enougth energy for basic operations that hey become hazards to the vessels manuvering.

The RTG's. If they are like, so far from the sun like Voyager 1 is, shouldn't they not produce so much power? It would add a taste of realism to the Probe, since Voyager 1 is like, very far from the sun (in interstellar space in fact) that its RTG's are barely producing enough power for the instruments.
The distance to the sun doesn't change the efficiency of the RTG. Efficiency decline with time, standard RTG can last easily 50 years.Return to KSP, reducing efficiency is impossible with "stock" module RTG.

Hy, it is possibel at the next relase of the ESA pack that the ATV transports some useful stuff, oxidizer, fuel etc. like the Progress craft in the cccP pack?Thanks
That was planed but never added. I'll have a look at it.

Here some fresh news about the PodCom (drop pod for the modular base):

That PodCom would be very useful for the RemoteTech plugin.

I'll probably Just add the Remotecommand and Antenna PartModules to it's part file and use it for mission control on different planets.

Have you considered one that looks like a fuel depot?

Great stuff Yogui.

great mod, man. great mod. hey you planning on making any venera type rovers for eve?

Can you explain me more? May be give me a link to a picture.

Does anyone else get this error unzipping the Battlefleet Gothic pack? http://imgur.com/WSlMBP0 I'm running OS 10.7.5.

Some Apple users seem to have sometime difficuties to un-zip files. Here a mirror link: http://www./download/q1k2ctic3h616x2/LH_Space_BattleCruiser_v0.3.zip

Here a new video of the drone from the recon pod:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.