KSP-I Craft showcase

Bishop149

It was recently suggested in FreeThinker's KSP Interstellar - Extended thread that it might be nice to have somewhere for people to share and show off their interstellar creations without cluttering up the main thread.

Therefore I have duly created this thread in a more appropriate place.

I'll kick off although I'm not sure either of these are particularly special . . . . :blush:

This is the Kallichore, one of my largest ships to date, my first real attempt at a "mothership" type of set up.

Propulsion is a single 2.5m Gas Core reactor driving a thermal nozzle, it has about 12k DeltaV when fueled by water, over 20k when fueled by Hydrazine.

Crew of 6 and can act as a Remote Tech control node with a maximum Comms range of 350mM on the main dish but multiple smaller ones for more local control.

It also carries two landers which should easily manage a Duna landing and ascent.

Qr5PoEX.png

This is my water mine on Minmus, which incidentally was used to fuel the Kallichore above. The central core is mostly just the reactor, some drills (allowing it to mine Ore too) and some radiators. There are then three outlying BIG storage tanks which also contain another refinery each for extraction connected to the core via KAS pipes, it can pull up about 6 tons of water a day. I was quite pleased with the aesthetics of the tanks.

1upvl2q.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sparrow class light exploration cruiser. Carries a scientific lander which is capable of Kerbin reentry and landing. Driven by Open cycle Gas Core reactor and Thermal nozzle.

5FAfDHC.png

CBKyU8W.png

Kestral class medium exploration cruiser. Carries a skycrane lander and 4 scientific packages. Allows 4 bodies/biomes to be explored with all materials returned. Scientific packages and lander are capable of Kerbin reentry and landing. Driven by Open Cycle Gas core reactor and thermal nozzle.9hqT4A9.pngS0Zj6Ha.png

Edited by The Pav

This was my Heavy SSTO, B9 plus some versions of Interstellar Extended ago:

JJG5Z0P.png

A crew transport SSTO, Alia:

urAGLQ1.png

This is my extra-system probe:

Q7WKNs6.png

A drone, to collect resources from the atmosphere for the interplanetary travel:

dblfm9G.png

Another drone, to explore Kerbin and to transmit microwave power when landed:

VvrmWWa.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.