Silly little things

SpacedCowboy

When you launch and you just have three fuel tanks having entry effects and glowing orange

When you forget to detach fairings upon reaching space and every small thing and all the batteries blow up

When your inline battery blows up and separates your mother ship in half

... It seems most of my silly little things just need a better quicksaving habit

When I'm flying a probe, and the display of probes is off in map view, and I can't see the active vessel. Seems like the active vessel should always be displayed.

1. THIS. Fixing little things like this makes the experience a lot better for the user. Also, being able to get rid of all the "temperature gauges" and other markers for missions you haven't even accepted yet would be great. When I'm trying to get into an exact orbit when performing a rescue, I want all other objects turned off except me and the target ship. Everything else just gets in the way.

2. Going from orbit of the Mun to orbit of Kerbin, warping to the Mun Escape point and finding out all your ElectricCharge is gone (with SAS on).

3. Having your Contracts window open with the mission you want to complete expanded. All other missions are collapsed. As you go through the atmosphere and into space, all the other missions start expanding again. This is irritating. The contracts expand/collapse should only be under the control of the player, or at least make it a toggle in settings. Who knows, with all the different kinds of people in the world, someone probably likes it the way it is.

4. As stated by many in the past, the Reputation bar should be more intelligible, the numbers on the ruler should be bigger.

5. Using shift/control to control thrust often lags. I hit control to drop thrust and it keeps going. I have a fast machine, so that shouldn't be the problem.

6. The ambient sound effects at KSC should not abruptly stop.

7. When in the VAB, several parts cannot be right-clicked for information, such as nose cones. Several parts cannot be activated, such as the thermal control system. It would be nice if this were fixed. All parts should have some info when right-clicking, otherwise it feels incomplete.

Sorry for the laundry list. Have no idea why I wrote all this up. I guess it's my programmer's instinct to document things.

Everything else is great though. =D

There's numbers on the rep bar?!

Technically. Even zoomed in on a static image, though, they're hard to read.

Makes me wonder if that rep bar is dynamically produced (so a mod could increase the numbers' size) or a dds file somewhere (so even a non-modder could replace the texture with something better if they knew its name).

The floating point errors, some may say its my fault for building a cannon with a mach 10 muzzle velocity but Its still annoying as hell when you switch to the projectile to follow its trajectory and the whole planet forgets where its supposed to be.

WSoSH6t.png

The worst time was when the whole planet was destroyed by shock heating with its own atmosphere, well that's what I think happened,the whole planet was covered in gigantic heating effects then vanished shortly before the game crashed.

Time warp. Oh, that nasty, nasty beast. Sometimes "warp to the node" works as advertised, and stops warping. Sometimes it does not, and my ships miss their nodes by several minutes (cue wasted fuel and curses flying around).

Or dropping from timewarp in vicinity of the planet. Heavens forbid if you try to increase warp too low. But when coming back from Mun\Minmus\whatever you can effortlessly slip past all warp boundaries, and slam into atmosphere at high warp - cue the ship immediately exploding, because it is now at 30 km altitude going 3000+ m\s.

This is so petty, but here I go. That you can't throttle the engines, or stage in mapview unless the navball is raised, combined with the fact the Navball starts lowered when you first change to map view. Meaning, you'll be launching, as usual in ship view, have to change view and for a second have no throttle/staging control... also it always seems to me that moment when you change from outside view to map view is usually at a critical throttle/stage moment.

Don't get me wrong, I've never lost a rocket because of it, and I'm sure efficiency losses are minimal.... but it just gets on my goat. Why can't you either A) throttle with the Navball lowered, B) have the Navball start raised, who uses mapview without it raised?

This one and I am curious why this is even in the game ?

Is it just an old bug or is there some rational reason behind this ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.