[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

On 2/9/2016 at 1:29 AM, Deadpan110 said:

Is anyone else missing all the MKS Lite parts in the latest round of updates?

Noticed in my current game so I set up a clean install to test.

To reproduce - Mods installed:

OSE Workshop, KAS, KIS, KSP-AVC

then clean install of USI Life Support (USI-LS_0.3.11.0.zip) and MKS-Lite (MKS-LITE_0.3.0.0.zip)

Kolonization tab in VAB shows only the 2 new drills, Utilities tab contains no MKS parts whatsoever, Pods tab shows the 'Scout' command pod (which is normal), Manufacturer tab shows Life support and reactors.

Also checked freight tab and the usual tanks and containers seem correct.

Directory listing of GameData within Spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

$ tree -d -L 3
├── 000_USITools
│   ├── Agency
│   └── Flags
├── CommunityResourcePack
│   └── ResourceConfigs
├── Firespitter
│   └── Plugins
├── KAS
│   ├── Parts
│   │   ├── cPort1
│   │   ├── hook_anchor
│   │   ├── hook_grapplingHook
│   │   ├── hook_harpoon
│   │   ├── hook_magnet
│   │   ├── pylon1
│   │   ├── strut1
│   │   ├── winch1
│   │   └── winch2
│   ├── Plugins
│   ├── Sounds
│   └── Textures
├── KIS
│   ├── Parts
│   │   ├── bomb1
│   │   ├── concreteBase1
│   │   ├── container1
│   │   ├── container2
│   │   ├── container3
│   │   ├── containerMount1
│   │   ├── electricScrewdriver
│   │   ├── evapropellant1
│   │   ├── guide
│   │   └── wrench
│   ├── Plugins
│   ├── Sounds
│   └── Textures
├── KSP-AVC
│   └── Textures
├── Squad
│   ├── Agencies
│   ├── Contracts
│   │   └── Icons
│   ├── Experience
│   ├── Flags
│   ├── FX
│   ├── PartList
│   │   └── SimpleIcons
│   ├── Parts
│   │   ├── Aero
│   │   ├── Command
│   │   ├── CompoundParts
│   │   ├── Electrical
│   │   ├── Engine
│   │   ├── FuelTank
│   │   ├── Misc
│   │   ├── Resources
│   │   ├── Science
│   │   ├── Structural
│   │   ├── Thermal
│   │   ├── Utility
│   │   └── Wheel
│   ├── Plugins
│   ├── Props
│   │   ├── AltimeterThreeHands
│   │   ├── AtmosphereDepth
│   │   ├── AxisIndicator
│   │   ├── ButtonSquare
│   │   ├── circularButton
│   │   ├── Compass
│   │   ├── directionalKnob
│   │   ├── directionalKnob2
│   │   ├── IndicatorPanel
│   │   ├── IVANavBall
│   │   ├── ledPanelSpeed
│   │   ├── Monitor
│   │   ├── NavBall
│   │   ├── PropsGeneric
│   │   ├── pullSwitch
│   │   ├── radarAltitude
│   │   ├── squareButton
│   │   ├── standingSwitch
│   │   ├── switch
│   │   ├── switchGuard
│   │   ├── switchWithGuards
│   │   ├── throttle
│   │   └── VSI
│   ├── Resources
│   │   └── RDSimpleIcons
│   ├── Sounds
│   ├── Spaces
│   │   ├── crewCabinInternals
│   │   ├── cupolaInternal
│   │   ├── GenericSpace1
│   │   ├── GenericSpace3
│   │   ├── landerCabinInternals
│   │   ├── landerCabinSmallInternal
│   │   ├── LargeCrewedLabInternals
│   │   ├── mk1CabinInternal
│   │   ├── mk1CockpitInternal
│   │   ├── mk1InlineInternal
│   │   ├── mk1PodCockpit
│   │   ├── mk2CockpitStandardInternal
│   │   ├── Mk2CrewCabinInternal
│   │   ├── MK3CockpitInternal
│   │   ├── MK3_CrewCab_Int
│   │   ├── Placeholder
│   │   ├── PodCockpit
│   │   └── sharedAssets
│   └── Strategies
│       └── Icons
├── UmbraSpaceIndustries
│   ├── Kolonization
│   │   ├── Assets
│   │   ├── Flags
│   │   └── Parts
│   ├── Kontainers
│   │   └── Assets
│   ├── LifeSupport
│   │   └── Parts
│   ├── MKS-LITE
│   │   ├── Assets
│   │   ├── Flags
│   │   └── Parts
│   └── ReactorPack
│       ├── Assets
│       └── Parts
└── Workshop
    ├── Assets
    ├── Decals
    ├── Parts
    │   ├── OSE_Containers
    │   ├── OSE_Converter
    │   └── OSE_Workshop
    └── Plugins

edit:

The bundled ModuleManager.2.6.17.dll is installed in the correct GameData location

Having the same problem here.

Yep!  Was just about to post that real life got in the way a bit.  So moving to this weekend (not tonight, as I have a gig in Brooklyn, and we're not on till midnight...)  But I'll be sorting it Saturday so I have Sun/Mon for any support issues.  Will likely do some MKS-Lite streaming as well :)

Roverdude. I found an issue in Mks lite Its why tac bases cant be self sufficent. Anyway whats going on is when one of the 3 tac resources fills storage for example water. It will stop producing other resources like o2 and food. Same with oxygen. And since o2 and water generate much faster than food, It mass produces water and oxygen then stops and says water full or Oxygen full and wont produce food. I dont know how to fix this but I thought I should bring it to your attention.

Hope your gig was good!  Looking forward to new version!  Will there be a way to produce fertilizer and replacement parts, or are they going away?

Just finished launching my presupply missions to Minmus... hope that Bob can put a base together from a pile of KIS parts :)

0.3.1 - 2016.02.13
------------------
Fixed texture reference in cylindrical tanks (Thanks LouisB3!)
Added a surface attach option for all reactors
Adjusted mass and crash tolerance of all containers for consistency
Increased LqdHydrogen storage to be more in line with stock tank mass ratios
Fixed missing radial tank textures
Added dirt drills, landing wheels, landing stabilizers, the light globe, inflation tank, and skycrane to Kolonization for sharing between MKS-Lite and UKS.
Fixed the ball hub's KIS settings

I just installed MKS Lite, USI LS and OSE Workshop.

I seem to be having the same issue as teej9 above, with many (all?) MKS Lite parts not appearing. No anchor, no inflatables, and Kolonisation tab empty except fro two drills. The Scout, Life support containers, reactors, freight parts on the other hand are there. OSE parts also seem to be there. I installed through KCAN and have tried installing/reinstalling and various install combinations, but that won't fix the problem.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do about it?

P.S. What I've seen of your mods is really awesome. I'm really excited to try them out. Thanks so much for all the wonderful work, and also for being so committed to updates and support (something that's obvious from all your replies in this thread)!

Edited by liTWave

Also looks like the MKS Lite modules still need ReplacementParts and Fertilizer.  Both are troublesome because there appears to be no way to generate either.  Though I'm only looking at VAB tooltips and maybe the ReplacementPartAmount=0 in USI-LS.cfg overrides that.

One other bug - the USI-LS.cfg sets the default No*EffectVets to 1, though the docs say it should be 0.

BTW, Nertea has a good Stockalike Station Parts Expansion with a number of dedicated hab modules.  Want an MM patch to extend hab time in them?

9 minutes ago, bonesbro said:

Also looks like the MKS Lite modules still need ReplacementParts and Fertilizer.  Both are troublesome because there appears to be no way to generate either.  Though I'm only looking at VAB tooltips and maybe the ReplacementPartAmount=0 in USI-LS.cfg overrides that.

One other bug - the USI-LS.cfg sets the default No*EffectVets to 1, though the docs say it should be 0.

BTW, Nertea has a good Stockalike Station Parts Expansion with a number of dedicated hab modules.  Want an MM patch to extend hab time in them?

I would think a more appropriate place would be for Nertea to have a USI-LS MM config if he wanted his parts to support USI-LS, since he is in control of his parts.

2 hours ago, liTWave said:

Scratch that. I just noticed an update to MKS Lite in CKAN, and updated. It solved the issue and all parts are now there. Talk about great support - you fixed the problem before I even reported it :P , thanks RoverDude!

Good deal - yep it should all be sorted now :)

23 minutes ago, bonesbro said:

Replacement Parts should be automatic, but I'll check that.  And looks like we're missing a part for MKS-L for fertilizer support (I'm going over all of the docs now, so that should be sorted in an upcoming patch - for now, ship it in).

RE Nertea's stuff (which is awesome) I would agree the best place for such a patch is his mod, not this one.

Thanks!  One suggestion for the tooltips and the life support UI: it's hard to tell how long supplies are going to last with the recyclers and greenhouse in effect.  It's also not quite clear how the recyclers work - the stats say they're 75% recyclers or so, but they don't seem to extend my supplies very much.  Do they only handle one kerbal each?

I have a space camp mission that wants 17 kerbals in a space station for 40 days.  It has two inflatable hab modules, two greenhouses, and recyclers in a science lab and cupola.  That's six recyclers, but total daily supply use did not drop by very much.  At least resupply missions to kerbin orbit are easy :)

23 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

RE Nertea's stuff (which is awesome) I would agree the best place for such a patch is his mod, not this one.

For those who are interested - pull requests have been accepted by Nertea to incorporate USI-LS configs for his excellent Station Parts and Near Future Spacecraft mods; I think they're just pending the next releases, but you can grab them from the GItHub repos in the meantime, and here are a few more for other mods.

On that note... @RoverDude, I'm guessing that ReplacementPart consumption is going to be removed from recyclers across the board in LS? Just need to confirm before I submit updated pull requests :). Also, can you verify the preferred rate of Water consumption on the 90% recyclers? The LSModule file mentions 0.000002 per crew capacity, but the Kerbitat uses 0.005 for a crew capacity of 5.