Giant oversized strut?!

What is this giant oversized strut in the middle of the pic. It's not an illusion where it is close to the screen. It is actually where it appears to be just over part of the ship. Is this a glitch or some new indicator you need struts?!

It appears at most angles. But at a few angles it vanishes. This makes me believe it may be a glitch. Or it's supposed to be there and it's occasional disappearance is a glitch.

Screenshot%20from%202015-10-01%2020-37-13_zpsyhfq5a0y.png%7Eoriginal

I think it is an actual indicator. Just below where it is located, on the back of the z4000 electrical circle, there was a loose unused strut(One connected to nothing). When I removed it it went away. So, apparently, it might be there on purpose to find extra struts that broke. Not sure why I don't see it more often then though.

I did have a mod installed at one point. It was the one with the Orion nuclear engine. but I removed it folders from the game. I didn't think it was still affecting the game at all.

If I could figure out what made this happen and controlled it I wonder if I could make the next where's waldo...

That's just a normal strut that is not part of the vessel, but has been placed up near where the camera is. It's just right in your face.

if that was the case it would be translucent because its not connected to the vessel.

if that was the case it would be translucent because its not connected to the vessel.

No, I said it's not. It's where it is and is over sized. It seems to be indicating broken struts.

As he said, it would be red and you could see through it.

No, I said it's not. It's where it is and is over sized. It seems to be indicating broken struts.

There are some weird cases with placement of other parts, where they show green but when you place them they don't attach quite right. I'm not sure if that's what is going on here, or if maybe there's something more sinister at work. Does this persist if you save the craft, restart, and reload the craft file?

If you do manage to make it happen again, the next step would be to grab the log file and note the steps that caused it to happen. That might indicate if there is some sort of bug being triggered.

Cheers,

~Claw

It's not moveable. It's not an object or a real strut. It is really that oversized. It's directly over the electrical stuff. I moved the screen around in all directions to confirm it. It's really that big.

And I can't play with the craft file now. It was compromised. I wonder if it is related. It all went 0 stats and the name of the file won't load. I can't do anything with it anymore.

It stopped showing when I removed a green strut that similarly was attached in a way that was only attached at one end. it seems to help point that out. I just don't know if it's from the mod(which I removed all the files too.) or something else from the game.

Here is the broken craft file if it helps. You can't find the strut anymore. I had since fixed the thing it indicated.

http://www./download/t44yelgms8hi8e7/Orion_resource_test.craft

Edited by Arugela

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.