RoverDude

[1.3] USI Core (Reactors and Kontainers)

This is a bundled release of the USI nuclear reactors and the various kontanier types that are used accross many USI mods - tossing this out as a separate bundle by request (and to version this separately for ease of distribution)

Uses KSP-AVC.

MKvbZ49.png

Configuration files and code are licensed under the GPL v3 license.

Assets, including Models (*.mu) and Textures *.png/*.dds) are All Rights Reserved. If you wish to use any of these assets in your project, just ask nicely :)

[Link removed by moderator, Kerbalstuff site dead and hijacked]

Edited by monstah
  • Like 12

I'm curious- do these reactors work with the Interstellar Extended mod? I assume they probably don't, because those are much more specialized, but I figured it's worth asking.

Nope, they work with stock mechanics. I'll be plunking in additional configs to make them automatically switch to NFE where appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

0.5.1 is up

-Added texture switching and consolidated tanks

LyzsIBH.png

Working with NFE would definitely be a plus for my space program ;). Thanks for the consideration Roverdude.

Please make these count as electricity generators for vehicle contracts.

Mod "curved solar panel module" from NFS adds that, so you may want to see how it's done there.

https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/issues/666 It's logged on MKS, which is what currently distributes the reactors to my game. ISSUE 666 MWAHAHA

You also need to go and change your license here - https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1194 from CC 4.0 BY SA NC to CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 Otherwise no CKAN for you :v

Also, is this file going to be the one distributing the 000_USITools at CKAN?

This is what it looks like right now, were my assumptions correct?

https://github.com/qm3ster/NetKAN/blob/USICore/NetKAN/USICore.netkan

You're kinda new here aren't you?

Yay, thank you, RoverDude. Much appreciated. :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RoverDude again.

https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/issues/666 It's logged on MKS, which is what currently distributes the reactors to my game. ISSUE 666 MWAHAHA

You also need to go and change your license here - https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1194 from CC 4.0 BY SA NC to CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 Otherwise no CKAN for you :v

Please make these count as electricity generators for vehicle contracts.

Mod "curved solar panel module" from NFS adds that, so you may want to see how it's done there.

Qm3ster, as far as i know, no stock contracts require you to have a power source, So the contracts your talking about, i assume, are mod contracts (from Contract Configurator im guessing) Ive used a bunch off them, and looked into the contract code, and the support for the Curved Solar panels is added by the contract itself, Not NFS or Nertea.

So in this case it would be up to the maker of whatever contract pack you are useing to add support for the Reactors, not visa versa.

They woulda have to go about it a little differently(since they use the regular ModuleResoureConverter), but it could be done by simply adding a PartValidation using the names of the reactors to their contract packs

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Qm3ster, as far as i know, no stock contracts require you to have a power source, So the contracts your talking about are mod contracts (from Contract Configurator im assuming) Ive used a bunch off them, and looked into the contract code, and the support for the Curved Solar panels is added by the contract itself, Not NFS or Nertea.

So in this case it would be up to the maker of whatever contract pack you are useing to add support for the Reactors, not visa versa.

Most of the "have a station" "have a base" contracts specify like an antenna, docking port and power supply. Pretty sure those are stock contracts.

Most of the "have a station" "have a base" contracts specify like an antenna, docking port and power supply. Pretty sure those are stock contracts.

LOL well the ignore what i posted above :P (though the advice on how to update Contract Configurtor Packs is still valid)

I just didnt ever remember having a problem with stock contracts, the PDU always seemed to count for power generation, (which uses the same ModuleResourceConverter as the nukes) which is why i assumed he was referring to mod contracts :P

Its been awhile since ive played career seriously

Edited by rabidninjawombat

LOL well the ignore what i posted above :P (though the advice on how to update Contract Configurtor Packs is still valid)

I just didnt ever remember having a problem with stock contracts, the PDU always seemed to count for power generation, (which uses the same ModuleResourceConverter as the nukes) which is why i assumed he was referring to mod contracts :P

Its been awhile since ive played career seriously

Yeah, that's stock stuff, but Contract Configurator can make use of it too. Have a look at GameData/Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg - there should be a section called MODULE_DEFINITIONS with Power = xxx lines. The stock file has references to stuff like KolonyConverter (from back when FinePrint was a mod). No idea if the part modules for USI have changed, but that file should be Module Managerable if there's anything that should be counting as "Power" but isn't.

And of course, because that's a stock file/system, it should be whatever mod is introducing the power source that adds the required lines if that mod wants to work well with stock/CC contracts.

Yeah, that's stock stuff, but Contract Configurator can make use of it too. Have a look at GameData/Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg - there should be a section called MODULE_DEFINITIONS with Power = xxx lines. The stock file has references to stuff like KolonyConverter (from back when FinePrint was a mod). No idea if the part modules for USI have changed, but that file should be Module Managerable if there's anything that should be counting as "Power" but isn't.

And of course, because that's a stock file/system, it should be whatever mod is introducing the power source that adds the required lines if that mod wants to work well with stock/CC contracts.

Should I make an issue or a pull request of this, and should it be on USI Core or MKS repo?

Should I make an issue or a pull request of this, and should it be on USI Core or MKS repo?

Probably on the only repo that actually exists.

Well in fairness both exist ;)

If it relates to the reactors toss it in the UmbraSpaceIndustries repo

Well in fairness both exist ;)

If it relates to the reactors toss it in the UmbraSpaceIndustries repo

There are 2 repos for reactors? I guess I was being too literal in that I did not see a repo called USI Core that corresponded to this thread.

0.0.1.0 IS UP

0.1.0 - 2015.10.16

------------------

Broke USI_Core out from the USITools DLL

Moved nuclear reactors to Advanced Science Tech in the stock tech tree, and Nuclear Power/ Large Nuclear Power in CTT

Bundled container CTT configs from MKS

Moved KIS kontainers into appropriate CTT nodes

Swapped DepletedUranium for DepletedFuel in reactors and containers

• Like 1

I'll take a look - Github issue helps as well

- - - Updated - - -

I just started a stock game and I see them there under HeavierRocketry...

I'll take a look - Github issue helps as well

- - - Updated - - -

I just started a stock game and I see them there under HeavierRocketry...

Redownloading a clean KSP copy - will give em a spin.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, on clean copy they do show up.