What's the furthest planet or celestial body you've visited?

JackBush

I played for a month last December and January and by the end of that period I visited Eve with a probe (RT without signal delay), it was by far the most complex ship I made as the upper stage separated into three parts: two comm satellites to orbit Eve and the Eve lander probe itself. Then I was inactive until yesterday when I started a new career.

Jool flyby probe ended up in Eeloo orbit after 1.5 Kerbol orbits.

Only flybys of Gilly.

Landed only unmanned probes on Moho and Eve.

Never even entered the SOI of Dres.

Result of me always playing "historically plausible" even in sandbox mode and starting all over again with each update. :D

The last mission I flew in my previous game(started under 1.2, finished under 1.4) visited all the planets outisde the orbit of Kerbin(Duna/Ike, Dres, Jool/Vall/Bop/Pol, Eeloo) Mission took ~ 9 years by the time they made it home.

The mission before that went to the inner planets(Duna/Ike, Gilly with Eve upper atmosphere, Moho). It was also supposed to go to the outer planets, but it was dependent on solar panels for mining/refining, so I launched the other one with a 2k charge/sec nuclear reactor on board(also using a 2K charge/sec electric engine with ISP ranging from 3K to 16K, both from Near Future).

Needed to send a fuel probe/rescue vessel to have enough fuel to land on Moho for refueling, even with the 1500 ISP engine from Atomic age.

In my current game I have been to Mun and Minmus, and my current vessel is loaded with all my kerbals along with my newly researched ISRU and nuclear engines to get everyone up to 3 stars with my first visit to the Kerbol SOI(currently transiting from Mun to Minmus with 3km/s in the tank at 2.5m/s/s)

I have seriously thought about taking them all to Duna/Ike on this trip, but I want to take UKS and EPL gear with me on my first trip and none of that is on board.

Closest to sun:

Unmanned: Crashed into it... (On purpose)

Manned: Gilly landing.

Farthest from sun:

Unmanned: Probe on an orbit with an apoapsis of 400 million kilometers, after slingshotting from Jool. That altitude is where Serious, Kerbol's binary star in Krag's Planet Factory mod is, (this was in my 0.23 save), so I might capture around it, and it has a small planet to land on.

Manned: Dres. Manned Jool mission soon.

Furthest would have to be Eeloo, since I've done manned landings and returns on all of them. This was all before the aerodynamic overhaul though, so I'm tempted to go back and hit the ones with atmospheres again soon. Particularly Eve, that gloriously cruel world. ;)

Furthest, either Laythe or Pol. Closest, on the other hand…

SUN LANDER

I MISSED IT

I MISSED IT

:D

That's my first KSP video, about 377 days ago. I used cheats on the Pol trip I mentioned, and on the Sun Lander. The furthest I've gone legitimately​ is Laythe.

Edited by Findthepin1

I have been to Duna orbit and back with a crew, landed on the surface with a probe. Never been further out than that, but tend to be very conservative with my resources (money and lives mostly) and have yet to design something that can visit it and return, let alone go further out than that.

I've landed probes on all of the planets/moons. I don't think I've done a manned mission to Eeloo or Moho yet...haven't done a return mission from Eve yet, either, mostly because my computer is a potato and I can't figure out how to get the part count low enough for such a mission.

Earth, at most 2864m elevation.

Oh, wait, you mean in KSP! Well, that'd be... hm... Kerbol, by accident. I rarely wander out of Kerbin SOI due to the lack of motivation. I mean, it's so easy to get science from both Mun and Eeloo, plus missions outside Kerbin SOI take rather long.

I got to Duna 2 times, first it was intentionally with a little probe but one of the wheels broke on landing so it was going in circles and once during a Mün race with a friend, I wanted to see what my Mün vessel could do so I pointed it up and ended up going to Duna, unfortunately the parachutes were a little weak and the boosters had a hard time slowing me from orbital velocity so I ended up crashing into it.

I started playing in 1.0.4, in August, so not as far as some:

Kerbaled: A mission to Duna/Ike is underway, with all 8 crew having planted flags on both bodies (but they haven't yet visited all the biomes). Currently drilling for more fuel on Ike, and the ship will return to Kerbin when the window opens in a year or so.

Un-Kerbaled: One probe is in orbit at Moho, with others on the way to Dres, Jool (x2), and Eeloo. Full set of ScanSAT instruments and an M700 on each. About to launch another to Eve, probably with a rover as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.