[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

For anyone with the "missing menu" issue, if you have any plugins that use the Toolbar API you must upgrade Toolbar to 1.7.1. That will not solve the missing buttons until you open the MechJeb menu issue. But it will solve the missing menu entirely issue.

Riftmann : Oh great. Then maybe you did read that I added a fix yesterday. Obvouisly it does not work but I did work on it. It's people like you that made me take a 3 weeks break from this. Always complaining and not helping all.

Fix it yourself ...

Wait, you misunderstood. I wasn't upset about MechJeb not working, I was upset somebody 'confirmed' that the auto pilot wasn't working, which I pointed out, not complained about it. I was getting around the problem and I didn't mean to take it out on you. I appreciate everything you've done and am very grateful. Again I wasn't complaining about MechJeb not working I was complaining that "It's confirmed auto docking isn't working" as if I was too stupid to count. Why don't you yell at him? I have NEVER complained about MechJeb and never will... I would not enjoy KSP without it and I can not compliment you enough. I apologize if you misconstrued that as a slam against you...

Don't get discouraged, Sarbian. I and many others on here truly appreciate the hard work, effort and the time you and the rest of the MJ team take to bring us this mod and all it's revisions. And I definitely appreciate the work despite those who complain because I'm sure you aren't doing this for pay and therefore, we should all be very grateful.

AGAIN, sigh, I wasn't complaining about Sarbian! geez. I just pointed out that I said the auto docking wasn't working days ago. Go back and read my posts I never once complained about it not working. It was just irritating that somebody "Confirmed- Auto Docking not working". I know you aren't doing this for pay and I'm very grateful for MechJeb, if I could help I would. Again I'm sorry such a innocuous remark labeled me a 'complainer'. I'm not, and I apologize... Go back an see how many times I 'complained'. NONE. I reported the bug, asked people for work arounds and that was it.

I can promise you that for every idiot waste of space lacking the good sense to keep his dumb mouth shut, there are 30 others who are in awe of what you've made for us, and are very grateful for all the work you've done for us. Thank you for giving us your time, effort, and patience with no strings attached for so long, I for one am deeply grateful.

I am not an idiot waste of space. And I resent being called that. I am in awe of MJ. I wouldn't play KSP without MechJeb. I was mad a Cheech420now for "confirming'' that autodock wasn't working. Something I pointed out ONCE and asked for work arounds. I got a lot of good suggestions. And I was getting by. You all have misunderstood what I meant. Can't any of you see how me, a newbie to the community, could be upset by having someone "confirm" what I had said ages ago. It was not a slam against Sarbian at all, and I'm sorry everybody saw it that way. I challenge any of you to find a post of me complaining. I only pointed out a bug, asked how to do it without MJ, got solutions, and somebody comes along and confirms that yes indeed auto docking wasn't working. That was frustrating to me, as if nobody was listening to me. Again, I am sorry.

I am not an idiot waste of space. And I resent being called that. I am in awe of MJ. I wouldn't play KSP without MechJeb. I was mad a Cheech420now for "confirming'' that autodock wasn't working. Something I pointed out ONCE and asked for work arounds. I got a lot of good suggestions. And I was getting by. You all have misunderstood what I meant. Can't any of you see how me, a newbie to the community, could be upset by having someone "confirm" what I had said ages ago. It was not a slam against Sarbian at all, and I'm sorry everybody saw it that way. I challenge any of you to find a post of me complaining. I only pointed out a bug, asked how to do it without MJ, got solutions, and somebody comes along and confirms that yes indeed auto docking wasn't working. That was frustrating to me, as if nobody was listening to me. Again, I am sorry.

A confirm only helps you, he was basically saying, HEY listen to this guy he's right. I can see why he got upset the last two pages was nothing but "hey the DV is not calculating right" I'd be upset too. He only need about 3-4 people to confirm a problem not everyone that follows the thread.

I understand that, which is why I only said something about the auto dock not working once. I can see now how my post after cheech420now can be construed as a nasty complaining post. I also now see that his confirming my bug was the right thing to do, and I apologize to Cheech420now too. I wish I hadn't made that post. I typically stay away from forums, and not use to a community being so nice. I see why Sarbian got upset too. Thank you for pointing out that cheech420now didn't do anything wrong. I wish I could take my post back...

I was just sure you were gonna turn out to be a skrub Riftmann;) glad I'm wrong sometimes. Just keep in mind these guys making these mods owe us nothing, and they ask us nothing in return for giving us these awesome toys to play with. So when you report a bug, do it right, and be patient. Welcome to the forums, keep it chill and you'll be straight.

I understand that, which is why I only said something about the auto dock not working once. I can see now how my post after cheech420now can be construed as a nasty complaining post. I also now see that his confirming my bug was the right thing to do, and I apologize to Cheech420now too. I wish I hadn't made that post. I typically stay away from forums, and not use to a community being so nice. I see why Sarbian got upset too. Thank you for pointing out that cheech420now didn't do anything wrong. I wish I could take my post back...

This day and age everything we say or write is subject to interpretation, either for good or bad, I'm guilty of it too. I think we were just all rushing to defend Sarbian. Stuff happens, bud.

For anyone with the "missing menu" issue, if you have any plugins that use the Toolbar API you must upgrade Toolbar to 1.7.1. That will not solve the missing buttons until you open the MechJeb menu issue. But it will solve the missing menu entirely issue.

I think the main problem is that it behaves differently to the way it did before, with the separate toolbar helper dll. With the helper, the mechjeb buttons would be always visible in the toolbar once you've configured them, but now that the helper's been folded into the main mechjeb dll, you need to manually open mechjeb from it's tab on the right of the screen before the buttons will appear in the toolbar. I haven't made up my mind yet if this is a bug or not (I can see the new behavior making sense from a certain point of view), but it is definitely different to the way it used to be. It's especially apparent in the VAB, where you won't see any buttons on the toolbar until you've placed the AR202 or the mechjeb capsule, which causes the MJ tab to appear at the edge of the screen, and when you open the tab then the buttons appear. Yes, I've made sure that I'm running up to date builds of the toolbar and MJ (checked 10 minutes ago) and that I deleted the configs.

Oh, and thanks Sarbian for a great autopilot. I can honestly say I couldn't have gotten my probe on Laythe without it. It is without a doubt my favorite mod, the first one that always gets put back after I remove all my mods when a KSP upgrade comes in via steam.

Edited by OrbitalDebris

The current implementation of toolbar buttons is horrible compared to the helper's way of always available buttons. Leave that slider hidden unless the toolbar button is clicked and make them all visible all the time for every appropriate scene. And let the users turn off visibility of unwanted buttons in the toolbar config (just the way I had my toolbar set up. clicked the "T" in every module to make them all visible and disabled the buttons in toolbar setup). Don't try to do the toolbar's job.

I want this back:

Toolbar_Icons_Screenshot.jpg

We'd also like the icon to toggle with the module on/off (icon bright/dim)

Here's an icon pack for those who haven't been in the mechjeb toolbar helper thread: icon pack

Bar Left: Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, Ascent Guidance, Ascent Stats, Landing Guidance, Maneuver Planner, Node Editor, Warp Helper, Rendevous Planner, Smart ASS, RCS Balancer, Translatron, Kalculator

Bar Middle: MechJeb slider menu, Steam Gauges main menu, Rendezvous autopilot, docking autopilot, rover autopilot, space plane auto, multiple saves addon

Bar Right: Fusebox, ASL indicator (from Steam Gauges for landing), delta-v, orbit info, surface info, vessel info, target info (custom window), phase angles (custom window), landing info (custom window), Targetron

Some windows stay up most the time and have their own spot. Most windows aren't up at the same time and share a spot.

Just wanted to chime in and say I too prefer the optional module's support for Blizzy's Toolbar. To be fair however, it might just be I'm too lazy to adapt to the new implementation and didn't give it enough of a chance. Does the integrated version still allow you to hide MJ's tab and add modules to the toolbar via small "T's" in each window? If so, I must have done something wrong or gave up too easily; I couldn't figure it out.

Anyhoo, that's a teenie weenie minor criticism (that in all likelihood is unfounded). MechJeb is still one of my most loved mods I rely on in KSP. Please, please, please sarbian, don't get discouraged! Know that your efforts are *greatly* appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I have this, too, with build 213

Can you or ObsessedWithKSP get me a save file that show this ? Each time someone reported a problem with the burn time I never was able to duplicate it with my basic test ships.

Riftmann : Ok, I get it. Sorry I lashed at you but far too much of this thread is filled with post that don't help me much.

Oinker & Jethro Bodine : I did not try to do any of the Toolbar job. the current code is even simpler than the old one. I must have done something the wrong way, I ll work in it later.

Can you or ObsessedWithKSP get me a save file that show this ? Each time someone reported a problem with the burn time I never was able to duplicate it with my basic test ships.

I'll download #213 and see if I can replicate it and send it over - the ship were it happened in requires quite a lot of mods and was on a previous dev build.

EDIT: 213 seems to be working fine.. not sure what the problem was but it appears to have fixed itself, yay.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Sarbian, I just want to say that I appreciate your efforts and this entire project. You probably don't get enough thanks. Before MJ, I could barely get to the Mun but then couldn't land. I just did not have the time to learn how to fly properly. Now, with MJ, I can actually play as an engineer and mission control which is what I find most fun. Thank you.

I'm just gonna take a stab at this. Are you running windows or a Linux OS? I'm using 213 and my maneuver burns are being executed 50/50.

That's interesting. I am running on Win 7.

It is not really a major issue for me and really only mentioned it because someone else had.

It's most likely related to a specific engine type or configuration. Check the dV stats to see if they seems ok (the node executor uses those stats).

0.23.5 added a new fuel flow mode for the xenon and monoprop too, and I did not implement it fully yet so it may have an impact for something that use Xenon and staging.

Working fine for me, now, too. Odd. I had an OS reboot, in the meantime, but I can't think what else might have made difference.

Sorry to added to your list unnecessarily....I imagine you get a bit fed up around KSP new release time? :rolleyes: Thanks for your patience, as well as your work

Don't worry too much. As long as I get constructive feedback I'm mostly happy. The annoying part is when people don't try to understand how much time it takes to change even small things.

The new docking AP required literally weeks of work and countless prototype dumped along the way. And you spend a lot of that time looking at the KSP loading screen to then get your last change fail 20s into the test. It's even more harder wen you finally get an AP that work perfectly with your small testing ship and fail miserably as soon as you try with the heavier one.