Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Here's my first interplanetary sub: The ZNS Valgos.

Am i the first one to do this? Ive heard a lot of people talk about it but i realized it could be done. made it a single stage, landed at laythe and being a sub can go under the water, and kerman can easily seim up to cockpit when slightly submerged.

]

screenshot145.png

screenshot146.png

screenshot147.png

screenshot148.png

screenshot149.png

screenshot150.png

screenshot152.png

Laythe really is beautiful

So after many hours of trying i finally landed on another planet for the first time. Duna!!

Entering Duna Orbit

zOvmS.jpg

Parachutes Deployed!

9qbMj.png

Add a little retro burn

bbyYu.png

And Voila!! Dunan Sunrise

nrzZh.png

Homeward Bound

lFpoK.png

A Long Journey Home

twy6J.png

Hope you enjoyed. A lot of effort was put into the mission. Phew :confused:

After the success of the O'Neill Cylinder, I went ahead and created another one! It's equipped with solar panels, 3 batteries and 1 ion engine. As long as it is exposed to the sun, it can fly.

iAaSS.png

iYMrq.png

JtMrg.png

And of course, I'll drop one of those on Kerbi- I mean, I'll bring those to the other planets.

Edited by Whatshtisthis

My first successful rendezvous and landing on Duna with enough fuel to get home:

screenshot72.png

screenshot74.png

screenshot81.png

Bonus point if you can spot why they can't go home!

screenshot78.png

Testing of above rocket and lander around Minmus ended in tragedy after the commander was dared "How low can you go".

screenshot88.png

screenshot89.png

screenshot92.png

screenshot93.png

screenshot94.png

screenshot95.png

The final picture taken moments before the craft crashed. The camera clipped through the terrain giving the impression of flying through the rings of a planet - which would be cool if they included.

screenshot96.png

Looks like you broke a fuel-line somehow?

Correct, although not broke, forgot:mad:. It wouldn't be so bad if it had broke. When first put it together and was testing the stages I realized the fuel line was attached to the decoupler. So I went back into the VAB to change it and forgot to set the symmetry:(. Which just makes it even more annoying.

So, bonus picture:

screenshot59.png

SNIP - what mod are you using for the ion engines? I'm using DSM with the plugin, but the only ion engine aloud for use isn't very efficient.

Ludodyne airship mod and 3 three meter DSM ION engines + a ton of RCS fuel. It took many years for that ship to make it to Jool. IIRC it was about 60 tons, the three ion engines put out 150 thrust combined... So yea, it was very very slow, and the lift stage was a beast. It also did at least one backflip leaving the atmosphere, every time.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9634-PLUGIN-PART-0-14-Ludodyne-airship-balloon-v1-1-%28Apr-23rd%29?highlight=balloon

Edited by SLAMS

You want mah screenshots?

Well here!

Good God! It felt as if I was being brain washed! ...M...Mu...Must...Must play more...KSP!

Is this what a kerbal sees flash past their eyes when they die?

Good God! It felt as if I was being brain washed! ...M...Mu...Must...Must play more...KSP!

Is this what a kerbal sees flash past their eyes when they die?

it essentially their life flashing before their eyes! :D

Well, here are some missions. Discoverer III's mission was to crash into the sun, but it didn't have enough fuel, so it's in a quite oblong orbit. The other, well... is self-explanatory.

Hey look, Jool! (the first .17 planet I've seen [Not including map view])

attachment.php?attachmentid=34555&d=1349827012

The sun is BIG!

attachment.php?attachmentid=34556&d=1349827036

Man, kerbals are durable!

These were kerbal drop tests to see how durable a Kerbal is. The damage seen below isn't as bad as it looks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=34557&d=1349827063

Poor Rayrie. Here is one of the results of BSMC's tests on him.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34559&d=1349827131

Luckily, he always got back up!

attachment.php?attachmentid=34560&d=1349827267

Dude, why didnt you just hit land?

Because he's not cheap and actually finds satisfaction in doing something himself instead of just pressing a button and having it done for him.

You should try it sometime. The game's a lot more fun when you're playing it :rolleyes: