Trying to make a light version of RealFuels

MAFman

I was inspired by NathanKell's RealFuels to go ahead and make my own lite version (that I won't release because I don't want any possible copyright problems...). Trouble is, I can't get my ModuleManager configs to behave with KSP's resources. Any tips?

How are you trying to interact with KSP's resources, and what are you trying to accomplish with them?

Given your stated goal making "RealFuels Lite", I would assume that you want to directly remove some stock resources. This is impossible (and unwise), but you can do the next best thing: remove all references to stock fuels and replace them with your fuels/modules. For fuel tanks containing LiquidFuel, I would write this:

@PART
[*]:HAS[RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]] //This finds all parts with LiquidFuel in it
{
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] //We want to convert the LiquidFuel to something else
{
@name = Kerosene //could be anything you want
@ratio *= 6.0976 //Math to convert from LiquidFuel numbers to Kerosene numbers, as defined by Community Resource Pack
}
}

Community Resource Pack is a mod that defines common resources used by different mods (like RealFuels). If you have installed several mods already, you probably already have it. More info here.

Also note that RealFuel's license permits derivatives under the same license, as long as you credit the authors and state ialdabaoth's (who is awesome) awesomeness.

Yep, the license is open. :)

As to removing--wait, why do you say you can't remove stock resources? -RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LiquidFuel] {} will kill it. Though you will also have to change any references to it elsewhere or the game will hang on load.

Also, the MM script shown won't work. You're checking for RESOURCE, but then modifying PROPELLANT. You seem to be confusing tanks and engines.

Yep, the license is open. :)

As to removing--wait, why do you say you can't remove stock resources? -RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LiquidFuel] {} will kill it. Though you will also have to change any references to it elsewhere or the game will hang on load.

Also, the MM script shown won't work. You're checking for RESOURCE, but then modifying PROPELLANT. You seem to be confusing tanks and engines.

Huh, I stand corrected then. I didn't know you could modify resources themselves. Also the propellant thing is an error. Should be "RESOURCE" instead. I would correct my example, but I'll just direct people to the documentation instead and not give bad advice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.