[SHOWCASE] Pirate Space Industries - All Stock Designs by Jolly Roger

What I'm testing right now is setting up a sub-assembly that you can add to an existing craft to convert it to run on antimatter.  This has been done by some of the testers (as seen in the Pirate Tech videos so far).  There are some quirky physics that are associated with the tech so there needs to be specific rules that have to be followed in order to build a craft using the modded parts.  I'm continuing to figure out what needs to be done in order to maintain smooth operation of the vehicle while running it on antimatter.  Right now the main issue I'm encountering are control reversals and lack of stability - also the mod is very fragile and can easily be broken by doing fairly straight-forward things like looking at it (seriously, just looking at it the wrong way will irreversibly damage it - this isn't a joke as funny as it sounds).

JR

4 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

What I'm testing right now is setting up a sub-assembly that you can add to an existing craft to convert it to run on antimatter.  This has been done by some of the testers (as seen in the Pirate Tech videos so far).  There are some quirky physics that are associated with the tech so there needs to be specific rules that have to be followed in order to build a craft using the modded parts.  I'm continuing to figure out what needs to be done in order to maintain smooth operation of the vehicle while running it on antimatter.  Right now the main issue I'm encountering are control reversals and lack of stability - also the mod is very fragile and can easily be broken by doing fairly straight-forward things like looking at it (seriously, just looking at it the wrong way will irreversibly damage it - this isn't a joke as funny as it sounds).

JR

Unfortunately, that sounds plain hilarious to me, as I can imagine that happening to me:

"Okay, got my perfect craft designed, let's put it on the runw-- OH WHY IS IT ON FIRE"

4 hours ago, Ohm Machre said:

Unfortunately, that sounds plain hilarious to me, as I can imagine that happening to me:

"Okay, got my perfect craft designed, let's put it on the runw-- OH WHY IS IT ON FIRE"

Believe me, fire was one of the more comprehensible failures the test squad of JRs SKAT had to endure, we had to expect anything once the craft is on the runway. But when you follow all the rules and precautions the results can be quite amazing.

6 hours ago, Dafni said:

Believe me, fire was one of the more comprehensible failures the test squad of JRs SKAT had to endure, we had to expect anything once the craft is on the runway. But when you follow all the rules and precautions the results can be quite amazing.

....now I'm insanely curious as to how the testing for this mod is, if you're saying that "setting fire to the Runway" is the least of your concerns, lol!!

20 hours ago, sventhegreat2 said:

HOW DO YOU GET SO GOOD AT BUILDING SSTO's

16 hours ago, chadgaskerman said:

You and me both bro.

LOTS of hours of practice...

The new STAR WARS craft files have been uploaded plus a bonus - droids! :wink:  (since everyone loves them so much)

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

6 hours ago, OfficiallyBrown said:

Is there a download for the SSTO space plane launcher with the reliant on it? Also most of the ones I try to load, don't load right

The download link for the Reliant is below the picture of it landing on Duna.  The link is pretty small, I'll edit the page to make it more prominent.  Most of the craft have been developed in V1.0.4 but they all should work in V1.0.5 - what mods are you running?

Hi JR, I really like your crafts. I downloaded your millennium falcon and it flys great but it's been acting strange. All the fuel tanks are empty but the engines all work. The fuel goes negative! ( I got pic.s but I'm on my phone. I'll upload when I get home) Also I could set the rockets to 5000% thrust but it didn't change anything. 

I'm not complaining though, the bugs are pretty cool and the falcon's amazing. I'm just curious why they showed up. They didn't occur on any of my craft I feel it's because I download your craft wrong.

Love your videos too :)

Edited by Planetfall

31 minutes ago, Planetfall said:

Hi JR, I really like your crafts. I downloaded your millennium falcon and it flys great but it's been acting strange. All the fuel tanks are empty but the engines all work. The fuel goes negative! ( I got pic.s but I'm on my phone. I'll upload when I get home) Also I could set the rockets to 5000% thrust but it didn't change anything. 

I'm not complaining though, the bugs are pretty cool and the falcon's amazing. I'm just curious why they showed up. They didn't occur on any of my craft I feel it's because I download your craft wrong.

Love your videos too :)

Yes the Kerbal Empire have acquired some Pirate Technology that allows their craft to run on antimatter in the stock game.  The Rebels have stolen the tech and outfitted their ships with it starting with the Millennium Falcon.  The tech enables Star Wars ships to fly to other planets just like they do in the movies so I'm not complaining.  The Falcon still has one problem though... too many parts :mad:

I've just uploaded the X-wing fighter video and craft file to the main page of this thread - it contains the pirate tech as well so enjoy!

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

3 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Yes the Kerbal Empire have acquired some Pirate Technology that allows their craft to run on antimatter in the stock game.  

-snip-

Antimatter eh? Seems more like negative matter. :

P.S. nice X wing

Edited by Planetfall

15 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

The download link for the Reliant is below the picture of it landing on Duna.  The link is pretty small, I'll edit the page to make it more prominent.  Most of the craft have been developed in V1.0.4 but they all should work in V1.0.5 - what mods are you running?

I have quite a few actually. I also just realized some of my stock parts are missing from the build menu, so I'm gonna have to do a new install

6 hours ago, OfficiallyBrown said:

I have quite a few actually. I also just realized some of my stock parts are missing from the build menu, so I'm gonna have to do a new install

Oh OK, some of my new craft have been built using mods but ALL of my craft should run just fine in the stock game.  Let me know if you're still having issues after you reinstall.

JR

21 hours ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Oh OK, some of my new craft have been built using mods but ALL of my craft should run just fine in the stock game.  Let me know if you're still having issues after you reinstall.

JR

They're all loading and working fine now. I'm trying to use the reliant to get the hang of orbiting before I dive into making my own, but I cant seem to get it into a stable orbit. Got any tips?

4 hours ago, OfficiallyBrown said:

They're all loading and working fine now. I'm trying to use the reliant to get the hang of orbiting before I dive into making my own, but I cant seem to get it into a stable orbit. Got any tips?

In V1.0.5 you need to stay low to build up speed.  Try to get as close to 500 m/s as you can while staying below 3 Km altitude.  It took me a while to figure this out because it's so different from the flight profile of previous versions of the game.

JR

1 hour ago, BlackPulsar said:

Ok, it is my first post, and my english is not very good, but i want to ask if you Jolly Roger could take a look in the Swani craft, because when you use the horizontal thrusters, it wants to flip, sorry for bad english.

The problem is related to the ISRU.  When you use it to refill the tanks from an on-board ore supply it doesn't fill the tanks evenly - on one side of the craft the tanks are filled up more than on the other and you have a imbalance in the weight distribution left to right.  After you are finished refueling you need to check that the tanks on both the left and right have the same amount of fuel.

JR

I've added the three types of Tie Fighter craft files to the main page Star Wars section as well as this video so you don't get bored blowing up the same ship over and over... have fun!

Download the Tie Fighter - HERE
Download the Tie Interceptor - HERE
Download the Tie Advanced - HERE

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.