[1.0.5] [Kopernicus] Kerbol Plus Remade v1.1 [19Nov15] - Reborn and revived!

KillAshley

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Table said:

IM JUST KIDDING, nice mod!

Anyways, does this mod have the same planets as the original Kerbol Plus?

yeah most of the worlds are the same names with one letter dropped, didnt realize i named it Sarin until after release and I honestly have no intention of changing it anytime soon :wink:

It has the same planets, minus a couple of the more useless ones, for example the moons of Eve & Duna have been removed, as well as the large outer body so it plays better and has further compatibility with other packs (like OPM)

20 hours ago, Kangroozeeh said:

So is there a comet like in Kerbol Plus? :o

yes there is

1 minute ago, amarius1 said:

Nope... There is in Kerbol Plus' succesor Kerbol Origins... But I think there will also be a comet in this version.

please dont comment if you dont know yourself. The only planets i dropped were the useless ones that dont add anything, such as eve & duna's moons

2 minutes ago, KillAshley said:

yes there is

please dont comment if you dont know yourself. The only planets i dropped were the useless ones that dont add anything, such as eve & duna's moons

Sorry I tought he meant comet with realistic dust and ice tail... But Kopernicus always-running particles are looking good too! Do you plan to improve or add mods intergration for this pack?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, or whatever, but are EVE vonfigs for Fonso coming? I wanted to ask because it could go either way, It's so thin that clouds could be too dense to form, or they could be extremely widpy or low to the ground...

On November 4, 2015 at 2:57 PM, _Augustus_ said:

Why are all the names changed?

Also Sarvin should really be changed back, sarin is a chemical weapon you know.

Try Sarox (Saay-rox) or Sarok (Sare-rawk)

Also, I'm not sure if there will be any more planets added, but if there is, please make an oxygenated gas giant with rings you can drive around on

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2016 at 2:08 AM, Andem said:

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, or whatever, but are EVE vonfigs for Fonso coming? I wanted to ask because it could go either way, It's so thin that clouds could be too dense to form, or they could be extremely widpy or low to the ground...

sry for the late reply, missed the posts to this thread...

TBH i only work for stock worlds, I try and make planet look as good as they can without any additional mods. That being said I'm definitely not against other people creating clouds and linking them so i can put them in the OP for others ;)

To be fair, Fosno appears to not even have an atmosphere...maybe I'll look into it, as the old one did. As long as it actually adds something to the game, I'm happy adding it back in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2016 at 4:28 AM, KillAshley said:

yeah most of the worlds are the same names with one letter dropped, didnt realize i named it Sarin until after release and I honestly have no intention of changing it anytime soon :wink:

It has the same planets, minus a couple of the more useless ones, for example the moons of Eve & Duna have been removed, as well as the large outer body so it plays better and has further compatibility with other packs (like OPM)

I miss the Keelon system.  I can live without it but can I ask the reason it wasn't added.

Thanks for all your work BTW, including the rest of the team.  This really makes the solar system feel alive.  

On 27/04/2016 at 5:14 PM, Piberius said:

I miss the Keelon system.  I can live without it but can I ask the reason it wasn't added.

Thanks for all your work BTW, including the rest of the team.  This really makes the solar system feel alive.  

I didnt feel it added anything to the actual game itself, apart from satisfying people's "more planets!" mentality. that why i made the choice to not include it. Also less additional planets means a better compatibility with other packs

14 hours ago, BoPET said:

Is this mod compatibe with Outer Planets Mod?

yup, orbits were tweaked from the original to allow OPM worlds to fit perfectly without any issues.

I really need to update this mod though...give it a good brush up to my ever-increasing standards

On 5/2/2016 at 0:14 PM, KillAshley said:

I didnt feel it added anything to the actual game itself, apart from satisfying people's "more planets!" mentality. that why i made the choice to not include it. Also less additional planets means a better compatibility with other packs

yup, orbits were tweaked from the original to allow OPM worlds to fit perfectly without any issues.

I really need to update this mod though...give it a good brush up to my ever-increasing standards

I think you should still add i though, it looks beautiful...

Edited by saturnsrings

I disagree, I feel Keelon stood out as a super-Eve, a real challenge to visit. The closest mod world I know is Titanus, but that has an oxygen atmosphere and a very different look. On the other hand, Killashley has a lot of planets to look after now!

Considering how many mod gas giants have rings, I kind of like Sarin not having them.

Edited by cantab

Works for me with KSP 1.1.2 and Kopernicus 1.0.4. With the caveat that all I've checked is that the planets load and appear in the tracking station. I shan't be surprised if there are bugs when landing on them.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, saturnsrings said:

Is this compatible with kerbol origins?

Almost certainly not. Although K+R renamed the planets, they're still in the same orbits as far as I know. Two different planets in exactly the same place will cause seriously weird bugs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.