In-flight chatter?

This just occurred to me, but wouldn't be nice to have in-game chatter between the crew and KSC? Chatterer does a great job with this, I was just wondering if it was possible to make it stock. That would personally enhance my overall experience, not to mention add some realism. Also, for those who like to play bare bones stock games, this would be a tremendous addition. Flying inter-planetary missions with next to no sounds at all? Doesn't sound very exciting to me.

This is more of a side-note, but one thing that I don't really think would fit in is EVA breathing, true, it's neat, but listening to kerbals breathing down you're neck would get old. Fast.

What do you guy's think? Should this be in the game?

In space, no one hears me scream like a girl...

Seriously though, I would not mind chatter becoming stock. Optional, and with some configuration freedom. No matter how I configured Chatterer in the past, invariably there were moments where I reached for the mute button. But yes, some astronaut/space ship sound to add to the ambient sometimes would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Sequinox said:

*INHALE* *EXHALE* *INHALE* *EXHALE*

I dunno... for some reason it has a very spacey feel to it.

Somewhere, in an orbit far far away:

Jeb: "*INHALE* *EXHALE*   Bill... *INHALE* *EXHALE*   I am your pilot."

Bill: "Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

I think something on the same lines as chatterer would be a nice addition, along with other 'cosmetic' additions like clouds etc.  With toggles and settings to cater for different tastes and machine specs.

I don't use chatterer so don't know how it works, but it would be cool, and make sense, for it to use the same or similar phrases when performing the same actions. Like 'staging now' or 'cutting throttle'.  And, of course, chatter from the crew that ties in with the emotions in their thumbnails like 'wow awesome' and ' omygodImgonnadiiieeee!!!!'.  All in Kerbalese naturally,  though an option to use a language familiar to the player would be a nice touch, though probably too much trouble to be worth the effort in stock.

This is one of those things that shouldn't hurt the game, but it could if someone doesn't want it in the first place and has to remove it. Since there really is no harm in not having it, and its very much a totally optional part of the game I don't see any reason for Chatter to be added into the stock game other than just cuse. 

In that case it doesn't hurt its a mod, there are official mods for a reason, its a nice optional thing to add. In this case a totally superfluous one too. 

Just as a reference one of the biggest influences, Orbiter had 0 sound in the first place. Which made it kind of dull, but over time the chatter mod was clearly looped and got kind of redundant. Same can be said for this game. 

3 minutes ago, MKI said:

This is one of those things that shouldn't hurt the game, but it could if someone doesn't want it in the first place and has to remove it. Since there really is no harm in not having it, and its very much a totally optional part of the game I don't see any reason for Chatter to be added into the stock game other than just cuse. 

In that case it doesn't hurt its a mod, there are official mods for a reason, its a nice optional thing to add. In this case a totally superfluous one too. 

Just as a reference one of the biggest influences, Orbiter had 0 sound in the first place. Which made it kind of dull, but over time the chatter mod was clearly looped and got kind of redundant. Same can be said for this game. 

Good points.

24 minutes ago, MKI said:

Yes, good points, as Noname115 said. 

If done well it could be a good addition, but if done poorly it could just be an irritant. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.