Spacecraft that keep turning on Runway

The most likely thing is that your landing gear are not perfectly aligned-- i.e. they're just a teeny-weeny invisibly small amount out of true.

Here's how to fix it in the SPH:

1. Press "3" to go to the rotator widget
  2. Select the landing gear
  3. Press "F" to toggle rotation-snap mode to "Absolute" instead of the default "Local"
  4. Grab the rotator handle, wiggle the gear one notch out and back again (doesn't matter what direction, you just need to wiggle it to activate the snap)

Why this works:  By default, things are in "local" mode, i.e. rotation relative to the thing they're attached to.  Since that may be a curved object, there's a good chance that the gear ends up being slightly off from perfectly parallel.  When you set the snap mode to "absolute", that forces it to snap to world-coordinates.

31 minutes ago, WDayneHS said:

I built an MK3 plane that has been rigged as a bomber. However, I am unable to launch it because it keeps yawing left on the runway. Is this a bug or is there some problem in my construction?   Megabomber.craft

Just downloaded your craft file.  Few issues here:

1) Your front landing gear is very slightly not straight, which is causing the left hand turn - I replaced it with one landing gear in the exact centre and it tracks true.

2) Your rear landing gear is way to far behind the centre of mass for the thing to pitch up off the runway, you need to bring them forwards, I did this for you.

3) Your centre of thrust is too high compared to the COL and COM, which causes the plane to pitch down when you go off the runway.  The engines are also too weak for the job really.  I changed them.

I changed it for you to the point that it will fly, where you go from here is up to you.  Certainly your bombs need to be rearranged, most of them crash into the place on the way out :confused:

craft file

Thanks

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.