Asteroid Day in 1.1?

Originally the Asteroid Day parts were released as an 'official mod' which, I think, was the right thing to do at the time.

But with them being essentially just more stock parts are they likely to be integrated into stock with 1.1?

I know when it was originally released it was suggested on the forum that they become stock at some point.

Any thoughts from the community or comments from the devs? 

I would definitely like it. It gives the ARM parts a better purpose. Contracts could be made to where certain "close call" asteroids needed to be moved. But you would only get them if you had a asteroid finder probe watching for them. I think it would be really cool. :) 

1 hour ago, Endersmens said:

I would definitely like it. It gives the ARM parts a better purpose. Contracts could be made to where certain "close call" asteroids needed to be moved. But you would only get them if you had a asteroid finder probe watching for them. I think it would be really cool. :) 

That is a perfect idea for a mission I'd like to do.

"Asteroid THX-1138 is on a collision course with Kerbin! It hits in 182 days. Redirect it or we're all doomed! Or it'll crash harmlessly somewhere. We're not sure. But here's a bunch of cash and rep to divert it just in case."

Just a random guess: Some people may not want to support (or maybe even condemn) the B612 foundation in their mission, so SQUAD keeps the stuff that is so closely associated with the B612 foundation optional.

But I think we'd be hard pressed to find someone who has a problem with the B612 foundation.

Edited by Sanic

55 minutes ago, Sanic said:

But I think we'd be hard pressed to find someone who has a problem with the B612 foundation.

I have a problem with it... :mad: Actually, I am just kidding.

I will say that I was a little disappointed when this mod pack wasn't added to 1.0.5. It had been around long enough that when I did a clean install of KSP, I went looking for it after the installation. Anyhow, as we all know, that was not the case and I had to reinstall the file.

As a solemn upholder of the Prime Directive, I firmly believe in complete non-interference with any civilization that hasn't yet developed warp technology. Diversion of an asteroid to save the Kerbals would violate that directive.

Nah, should be stock. Bring 'em on, we have Brucey. :D

16 hours ago, Sanic said:

Just a random guess: Some people may not want to support (or maybe even condemn) the B612 foundation in their mission, so SQUAD keeps the stuff that is so closely associated with the B612 foundation optional.

As a free addon, the only "support" B612 can recieve from this is publicity. And if you actively choose to not install the parts, that goal has already been accomplished.

1 minute ago, pincushionman said:

As a free addon, the only "support" B612 can recieve from this is publicity. And if you actively choose to not install the parts, that goal has already been accomplished.

SQUAD may not want to force people to support the B612 Foundation is what I'm trying to say.

43 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

That makes sense... but with that said, why cannot Squad offer more such packs, like one for SpaceX, Virgin Galactic, and even SETI. Now in my opinion, that would be cool!

Licensing.

11 hours ago, Sanic said:

SQUAD may not want to force people to support the B612 Foundation is what I'm trying to say.

Not to be obtuse, but there is no "support" coming from the end-users. It is SQUAD's own show of support that the parts exist, and the end-users either use them or don't. Same as the parts styled after NASA's SLS, also already in the core game and free to be ignored by the players.

I don't see how "the parts are in the core game now" in any way implies that individual players support any particular agenda.

• 1 month later...

Chatterer and Asteroid Day at the very least should be stock, as they are official mods at the moment. you know what "Official Mods" are? DLC. And those mods are DLC that really add to the game. just, make them the full game already!

4 hours ago, Andem said:

Chatterer and Asteroid Day at the very least should be stock, as they are official mods at the moment. you know what "Official Mods" are? DLC. And those mods are DLC that really add to the game. just, make them the full game already!

Lol, nice try but Chatterer is not an official mod.

On 1/31/2016 at 4:22 AM, Alshain said:

Lol, nice try but Chatterer is not an official mod.

Wot.

[removed link to defunct website]

The description says that it comes from SQAUD... CKAN! HAVE YOU LIED TO ME?????????????????

On 1/31/2016 at 4:48 AM, Andem said:

Wot.

[removed link to defunct website]

The description says that it comes from SQAUD... CKAN! HAVE YOU LIED TO ME?????????????????

A plugin for Kerbal Space Program from SQUAD.

Bad punctuation.  It's saying Kerbal Space Program is from Squad, not the plugin.

12 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Something about soccer.  Ultimately useless in space travel, but I guess Squad has some Football fans.

Oh. Well, chatterer should be stock anyways, it's so awesome!

33 minutes ago, Andem said:

Oh. Well, chatterer should be stock anyways, it's so awesome!

Well I disagree as I find it incredibly annoying, but it's the sort of thing that should be controllable with volume sliders so it wouldn't impact me much anyway.  As long as the audio files don't eat up my RAM, then I don't care.

Edited by Alshain

12 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Well I disagree as I find it incredibly annoying, but it's the sort of thing that should be controllable with volume sliders so it wouldn't impact me much anyway.  As long as the audio files don't eat up my RAM, then I don't care.

Ah. well, yes, so long as the (practically) useless "Voices" slider can affect it, it should be fine. I guess I like it because it was the first mod I ever installed... But Asteroid day! 1.1! STOCK!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.