Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

1 minute ago, Austinator48 said:

That worked! Thanks I dont know why it wasn't showing up before on the last version. :) Time to do some Commercial Airline Contracts :) 

Glad to hear! :D  something with CC at that point unfortunately. Enjoy the new contracts!

22 minutes ago, Austinator48 said:

That worked! Thanks I dont know why it wasn't showing up before on the last version. :) Time to do some Commercial Airline Contracts :) 

Edit:

To bad 1.1.3 came out some of my other mods are broken :(

Is GAP working in 1.1.3 for you so far? I checked the change log and don't foresee any issues with it.

GAP and CC work fine in 1.1.3, the only reason I won't be streaming 1.1.3 tonight is due to Waypoint Manager, KER, Ambient Light Adjustment, and Take Command not being up to date.

3 hours ago, inigma said:

I tested with a new save. 3,500 funds they cost.Did you upgrade GAP in your current save? I wonder if it keyed off the current funds at the time of upgrade.

I had to start a new save game and updated GAP at that time. I had to update another of my mods that killed my save game because of part changes, so there was no GAP update mid-save.

2 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I had to start a new save game and updated GAP at that time. I had to update another of my mods that killed my save game because of part changes, so there was no GAP update mid-save.

weird. i can't seem to duplicate. i get -3,500 funds for batteries when i start with 25k funds.

6 minutes ago, inigma said:

weird. i can't seem to duplicate. i get -3,500 funds for batteries when i start with 25k funds.

I have no idea. I'm not using any mods that modify the starting funds or start up.

50 minutes ago, Lupi said:

GAP and CC work fine in 1.1.3, the only reason I won't be streaming 1.1.3 tonight is due to Waypoint Manager, KER, Ambient Light Adjustment, and Take Command not being up to date.

Same, GAP so far is working fine. I won't be playing because of the same and KCT, and Kerbal Alarm aren't working.

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

At a minimum, orbit generation and some waypoint stuff is broken in Contract Configurator.  So use in 1.1.3 at your own risk until I get an update out. :)

Makes sense; if the waypoint thing isn't tied to CC, it would also explain why waypoint manager proceeded to get more and more broken each time I touched it in my test save.

27 minutes ago, vardicd said:

ndwPXvG.png

Little confused, craft must what?

It must meet all qualificaations below and indented
so in this case, it must have a driver.

I encountered some strange behavior with the "Jump from an airplane!" contract. I put a kerbal in a command seat and a parachute on a decoupler and released it above 2500m. The contract didn't recognize that (not sure if it's supposed to; in the OP you recommend SM CHUTE, so maybe not). The weird part is that after I landed the plane, when I exited Jeb from the cockpit, the contract completed. It seems like it didn't check whether his EVA happened above 2500m.

• 2 weeks later...

@inigma I got the recondition island airfield mission today, and it went pretty well, but the flag requirement didn't complete, and I'm confused as to whether I did something wrong, or if the mod wasn't recognizing my flag for some reason? I tried 3 times moving the flag closer to the tower each time, but no dice. Any suggestions?

Fg9NFUF.jpg

@inigma About GAP 1.2.4 release:

On 26/04/2016 at 4:26 AM, inigma said:
  • Fixed BDArmory contract exception error when Module Manager is not installed. KSP-IslandLanding should now show up.

Have anyone succeeded on accepting that contract? I personally still can't see KSP-IslandLanding on the list.
e40a5a6b6c.png

I'm using GAP 1.2.6, BDarmory 0.11.0.1, KAX 2.6.1 and the latest MM on KSP 1.1.3.
I found these related to that contract on the logs:

Spoiler

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'KSP-IslandLandingBD'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD': The field 'title' is required in for data node values where 'requiredValue' is true.  Alternatively, the attribute 'hidden' can be set to true (but be careful - this can cause player confusion if all lines for the contract type show as 'Met' and the contract isn't generating).

ContractConfigurator.PartUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD', REQUIREMENT 'PartUnlocked' of type 'PartUnlocked': Error parsing part

Spoiler

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD'

Here's the full output_log.
Thanks!

On 7/15/2016 at 4:35 PM, theonegalen said:

Hey @inigma, have you thought about making a wing-walking barnstorm contract? That is, doing the barnstorming with another Kerb hanging on a ladder on the exterior of the craft?

not really. interesting idea though. not sure how to code for ladder only. i dont think it's possible with CC at the moment. would require an enhancement to CC.

On 7/17/2016 at 7:30 AM, Kowgan said:

@inigma About GAP 1.2.4 release:

Have anyone succeeded on accepting that contract? I personally still can't see KSP-IslandLanding on the list.
e40a5a6b6c.png

I'm using GAP 1.2.6, BDarmory 0.11.0.1, KAX 2.6.1 and the latest MM on KSP 1.1.3.
I found these related to that contract on the logs:

Reveal hidden contents

[INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'KSP-IslandLandingBD'

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD': The weight attribute is deprecated as of Contract Configurator 1.15.0.  Contracts are no longer generated using a weighted system.

ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD': The field 'title' is required in for data node values where 'requiredValue' is true.  Alternatively, the attribute 'hidden' can be set to true (but be careful - this can cause player confusion if all lines for the contract type show as 'Met' and the contract isn't generating).

ContractConfigurator.PartUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD', REQUIREMENT 'PartUnlocked' of type 'PartUnlocked': Error parsing part

Reveal hidden contents

ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'KSP-IslandLandingBD'

Here's the full output_log.
Thanks!

Looks like you are offered KSC Island Airfield Preparation, which conflicts with KSP Island Landing. If you decline Airfield Prep, Island Landing should populate at some point.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:32 AM, vardicd said:

@inigma I got the recondition island airfield mission today, and it went pretty well, but the flag requirement didn't complete, and I'm confused as to whether I did something wrong, or if the mod wasn't recognizing my flag for some reason? I tried 3 times moving the flag closer to the tower each time, but no dice. Any suggestions?

Fg9NFUF.jpg

have u tried with the latest version of CC? if so, ill run a test myself. wp should be only a few meters SW of the tower sidewalk grass area

On 6/28/2016 at 7:31 PM, reedrs said:

I encountered some strange behavior with the "Jump from an airplane!" contract. I put a kerbal in a command seat and a parachute on a decoupler and released it above 2500m. The contract didn't recognize that (not sure if it's supposed to; in the OP you recommend SM CHUTE, so maybe not). The weird part is that after I landed the plane, when I exited Jeb from the cockpit, the contract completed. It seems like it didn't check whether his EVA happened above 2500m.

command seated kerbals are not considered acceptable for the contract. the contract code is looking for a kerbal without any seats, including command seats.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

have u tried with the latest version of CC? if so, ill run a test myself. wp should be only a few meters SW of the tower sidewalk grass area.

Yes all my mods, were up to date at the time. Also, just today had a contract to haul a Mk-1 crew compartment to 5000 meters. It completed on this craft, which has no crew compartment:

V8RIqXd.jpg

On 1/4/2016 at 0:41 PM, inigma said:

Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.6

Requires Contract Configurator 1.11.5 or higher from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) is an Aerospace Exploration (development and testing), Coast Guard Rescue (and retrieval), and general Operations (charters, flights, cargo drops) contract pack compatible with all stock and modded careers (except RSS).

Purpose:
To provide a useful purpose for the existence of aircraft in a Career game, and promote the use of stock runways and helipads.

Spiel:
Runways and helipads are meant to be used, not just sit there and look pretty. This pack provides a small set of repeatable contracts for early career aircraft, and thus provides the career player with a predictable source of income, science, or reputation return (depending on the type of contract) using a standard fleet of aircraft you design. It beats having to design a science car, or one-time use craft, or send a probe to nowhere, when all you need is just a little bit more cash, science, or reputation to advance your space program. Of course, you may have so much fun flying things around that you may forget you have a space program, but if so, then I've succeeded!

All contracts and vessels included in this pack are completely playable in stock KSP (except the BDArmory expansion), but I highly recommend these mods to enhance your gameplay with GAP:

• Take Command (Launch and Spawn into Command Seats) (Allows GAP to recognize Command Seat only aircraft...think Wright Flyer!)
  • Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) (Minimalistic set of stock-alike propellers and helicopter parts) (GAP recognizes KAX parts)
  • SM Chute (give your Kerbals parachutes for use with GAP bail and skydiving contracts).
  • Waypoint Manager (For better waypoint management and navigation) (GAP uses a lot of waypoints)
  • Wider Contracts App (Increases the width of the contract checklist for better readability)

To complete helicopter or part retrieval missions, I also suggest these mods:

recommend that you consider taking the helmet off your Kerbals when flying in the open air in a command seat:

• TextureReplacer with Cetera's Suits (get both on CKAN!) (Non space suit Kerbals while on Kerbin, smell the fresh air from your Command Seat flying machine)

To complete the BDArmory expansion, BDArmory and KAX are required (but not required to play the rest of GAP):

• BDArmory (Adds guns, canons, turrets, radar, missiles, bombs, AI, and more to the game. Think WWII massive dogfights, or modern air to air missile engagements)
  • Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) (Minimalistic set of stock-alike propellers and helicopter parts) (GAP recognizes KAX parts)

If You Stream or Record While Playing GAP:
You sir/madam are amazing. Please post a note in this thread or PM to let me know if you use this mod in a recorded play through or mod review as I and others would love to watch! If your recording and play is fairly decent and will help players get familiar with GAP, I would love to reference it in this OP!

Featured Reviews:

Contract Pack Goals:

• Prepatory missions to test prototypes and setup locations.
  • Regular repeatable stunt, tourist, charter, and scheduled passenger and cargo flights to those destinations.
  • Rescue missions to retrieve adrift sea and undersea crews, downed test pilots, spent stages, crashed craft parts, the first splashed down space crews, and more.
  • A small set of boat and submarine contracts to provide context for the above.
  • STS Challenges and rescue missions
  • Fully compatible with new and existing stock and modded careers.

To Get Started:

After installing, the Join SSI Aerospace! starter contract will be the first contract you will see. You must join SSI to gain access to the GAP contract tree. A membership fee of 10% of your starting funds is required since there a number of perks provided by SSI to its member organizations.

SSI Membership gives players:
1. Access to the GAP contract tree
2. Access to purchasing basic aircraft starter prototype technologies
3. Access to the SSI Venture Capital Fund for bank loans

The first immediate contracts are not contracts at all but rather GAP: Economy contracts that are originally intended to give starting players basic parts from which to fully enjoy playing GAP. Originally intended so that Wright Flyer type aircraft could be built, the part contracts were free in previous versions of GAP, but now require funds to purchase these prototype technologies. The economy contracts are designed to help bypass any need for GAP to recommend a tech tree for starter technologies.

There are four contract trees each with starting contracts:

• The Kerbal Space Program: Drive a Tour Bus at KSC! contract will appear when you've acquired a Command Seat and any wheels.
  • The KSC Island Tours: KSC Shorline Tour contract will appear when you've acquired wheels, and an air breathing engine.
  • The Wright Aeronautical: Build and fly your first glider! contract will appear when you've acquired a Command Seat, and any flying control surfaces.
  • The KSC Coast Guard: Coast Guard Rescue Certification contract will appear when you've acquired wheels, and an air breathing engine.

All other contracts are part of these trees and some have inter-dependencies with other trees in order to appear. See the Current Contracts map below for details.

Agencies:

These are the agencies in the pack that will offer regular or semi-regular contracts, and special missions:

• SSI Aerospace - An engineering cooperative focused on developing and testing aerospace assets. (Used for initial flight tests and unlocking mission stories that lead to regular repeatable contracts)
  • KSC Island Tours - Providing air, sea, and undersea tours of the beautiful KSC Islands and surrounding areas.
  • Wright Aeronautical - Offering airplane rides to the public, and provides air show stunt contracts.
  • Kerbal Space Program - Led by Gene Kerman, authorizes, launches, and commands the world famous space program at the Kerbal Space Center.
  • KSC Coast Guard - Our motto is Always Ready - Kemper Keratus! Providing air, land, and sea rescue and stage recovery. (Used for occasional rescue and recovery opportunities, mostly near KSC ocean)
  • KSC Airlines - The official airline of the Kerbal Space Center.
  • Space Transportation System Space Shuttle Mission Control managed at KSC 2.

Current Contracts:

ktjz0uo.jpg

Download & Installation:

Get it on CKAN! (Recommended)

SpaceDock

GitHub

Changelog: 

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

DEVNOTES (Future Planned Features): 

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/DEVNOTES.txt

Early craft testing, barnstorming, hang gliding, wingsuits, skydiving, bases, STS missions, and much much more to come!

It's my first ever mod for anything, anywhere, so go easy. Let me know what you think! Look at the DEVNOTES and let me know if you have other ideas you'd like to see! Your feedback is appreciated! Let me know if you have any recommendations. You can see thecurrent reward and penalty balance chart here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vmZkfWamAaeuTsKL1_yes4l-eoMTrmJZ9zvgp3NkjaM/edit?usp=sharing

KNOWN ISSUES:

This pack is in active development. Please mind the GAP. Please raise any and all issues or enhancement requests on the GAP GitHub issue tracker.

• DO NOT recover any prop that is spawned by GAP (Jebediah's Barn, KSS Rixx, etc.) unless you want to break the contract and a ton of funds to your account. (KSS Rix alone can be recovered for several million funds). Props are automatically destroyed by GAP on contract completion to clean things up for you.
  • Recovering a vessel via the Space Center View or Tracking Station will not complete a contract if it requires recovery of a vessel. Work around is to simply recover all vessels in flight mode view. https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/7
  • Failing a contract may not always clean up any extra Kerbals used for the contract. If you can't revert, or don't wish to, then to clean up, simply recover the affected Kerbals, and then simply remove them from your roster. All failed contracts will reappear in Mission Control eventually. Use Alt F12 and access the Contract cheat menu to decline multiple contracts quickly and force regeneration of any contract that fails to appear, if necessary.
  • StageRecovery users only will have a custom dialog box show up when they release Coast Guard buoys, reminding them to stick around the area (within physics range) to ensure buoy splashdown and use for science recovery later in the mission.

CREDITS:

Thanks goes to the following individuals for their contributions to this contract pack. Without them, none of this would have happened:

@nightingale - creator of Contract Configurator. tirelessly responsive and an amazing coder and modder without whom this mod would not exist.
@seanmcdougall - creator of Take Command mod
@keptin - creator of Kerbal Aircraft eXpansion
@maculator- creator of Kerbal Aircraft Builders, for inspiring me with his pioneering example into aircraft based contracts
@severedsolo - always a great resource for contract development
@pandoras kitten - designer of a number of craft seen in the series above

@RixKillian - designer of the KSS Rix aircraft carrier
@Speeding Mullet - designer of a number of props for GAP

and dozens more who have contributed craft files for use in the pack (they have been honored by having crew members on the KSS Rix named after them). I'll post an updated list shortly. :)

LOZDtsr.png

This Contract Pack is CCF Certified - guaranteed to work with any Community Career Framework based career games!

Make a Mod that lets us use Ground Vehicles for Ground War/Military/Battles/Defenses/Attacks Contracts, please.....

Hi everyone,

the update UI of the mission control that comes with the latest version of Contract Configurator highlitghted a problem with the mod in my installation: the "Build your first airplane" doesn't detect parts with control surfaces, by I have them (I almost maxed out the tech tree) and I already have built and flown aircrafts. What I see in the mission control screen is this. Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Edited by MscG

On 23/07/2016 at 9:06 PM, inigma said:

Looks like you are offered KSC Island Airfield Preparation, which conflicts with KSP Island Landing. If you decline Airfield Prep, Island Landing should populate at some point.

Thank you for the tip, but unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. :/

--
Edit: I figured the issue. I'm using a minimalistic version of KAX, with only the helicopter rotors parts on it. So, the contract couldn't find the required KAXsportprop part, thus, wouldn't load. I commented that requirement and it works flawlessly now. :)

Edited by Kowgan

On 7/23/2016 at 5:06 PM, inigma said:

command seated kerbals are not considered acceptable for the contract. the contract code is looking for a kerbal without any seats, including command seats.

Ok, that makes sense, but in any case the contract definitely shouldn't have completed when the kerbal got out on the ground.

@inigma Finally got the Island restoration contract to work. Not sure what I was doing wrong, or if I did have something out of date. Got sick of climbing my engineer up those blasted control tower stairs though. I came up with... an alternate solution.... :D 

On 4 January 2016 at 0:41 PM, inigma said:

Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose 1.2.6

Requires Contract Configurator 1.11.5 or higher from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) is an Aerospace Exploration (development and testing), Coast Guard Rescue (and retrieval), and general Operations (charters, flights, cargo drops) contract pack compatible with all stock and modded careers (except RSS).

Purpose:
To provide a useful purpose for the existence of aircraft in a Career game, and promote the use of stock runways and helipads.

Spiel:
Runways and helipads are meant to be used, not just sit there and look pretty. This pack provides a small set of repeatable contracts for early career aircraft, and thus provides the career player with a predictable source of income, science, or reputation return (depending on the type of contract) using a standard fleet of aircraft you design. It beats having to design a science car, or one-time use craft, or send a probe to nowhere, when all you need is just a little bit more cash, science, or reputation to advance your space program. Of course, you may have so much fun flying things around that you may forget you have a space program, but if so, then I've succeeded!

All contracts and vessels included in this pack are completely playable in stock KSP (except the BDArmory expansion), but I highly recommend these mods to enhance your gameplay with GAP:

• Take Command (Launch and Spawn into Command Seats) (Allows GAP to recognize Command Seat only aircraft...think Wright Flyer!)
  • SM Chute (give your Kerbals parachutes for use with GAP bail and skydiving contracts).
  • Waypoint Manager (For better waypoint management and navigation) (GAP uses a lot of waypoints)
  • Wider Contracts App (Increases the width of the contract checklist for better readability)

To complete helicopter or part retrieval missions, I also suggest these mods:

recommend that you consider taking the helmet off your Kerbals when flying in the open air in a command seat:

• TextureReplacer with Cetera's Suits (get both on CKAN!) (Non space suit Kerbals while on Kerbin, smell the fresh air from your Command Seat flying machine)

To complete the BDArmory expansion, BDArmory and KAX are required (but not required to play the rest of GAP):

• BDArmory (Adds guns, canons, turrets, radar, missiles, bombs, AI, and more to the game. Think WWII massive dogfights, or modern air to air missile engagements)

If You Stream or Record While Playing GAP:
You sir/madam are amazing. Please post a note in this thread or PM to let me know if you use this mod in a recorded play through or mod review as I and others would love to watch! If your recording and play is fairly decent and will help players get familiar with GAP, I would love to reference it in this OP!

Featured Reviews:

Contract Pack Goals:

• Prepatory missions to test prototypes and setup locations.
  • Regular repeatable stunt, tourist, charter, and scheduled passenger and cargo flights to those destinations.
  • Rescue missions to retrieve adrift sea and undersea crews, downed test pilots, spent stages, crashed craft parts, the first splashed down space crews, and more.
  • A small set of boat and submarine contracts to provide context for the above.
  • STS Challenges and rescue missions
  • Fully compatible with new and existing stock and modded careers.

To Get Started:

After installing, the Join SSI Aerospace! starter contract will be the first contract you will see. You must join SSI to gain access to the GAP contract tree. A membership fee of 10% of your starting funds is required since there a number of perks provided by SSI to its member organizations.

SSI Membership gives players:
1. Access to the GAP contract tree
2. Access to purchasing basic aircraft starter prototype technologies
3. Access to the SSI Venture Capital Fund for bank loans

The first immediate contracts are not contracts at all but rather GAP: Economy contracts that are originally intended to give starting players basic parts from which to fully enjoy playing GAP. Originally intended so that Wright Flyer type aircraft could be built, the part contracts were free in previous versions of GAP, but now require funds to purchase these prototype technologies. The economy contracts are designed to help bypass any need for GAP to recommend a tech tree for starter technologies.

There are four contract trees each with starting contracts:

• The Kerbal Space Program: Drive a Tour Bus at KSC! contract will appear when you've acquired a Command Seat and any wheels.
  • The KSC Island Tours: KSC Shorline Tour contract will appear when you've acquired wheels, and an air breathing engine.
  • The Wright Aeronautical: Build and fly your first glider! contract will appear when you've acquired a Command Seat, and any flying control surfaces.
  • The KSC Coast Guard: Coast Guard Rescue Certification contract will appear when you've acquired wheels, and an air breathing engine.

All other contracts are part of these trees and some have inter-dependencies with other trees in order to appear. See the Current Contracts map below for details.

Agencies:

These are the agencies in the pack that will offer regular or semi-regular contracts, and special missions:

• SSI Aerospace - An engineering cooperative focused on developing and testing aerospace assets. (Used for initial flight tests and unlocking mission stories that lead to regular repeatable contracts)
  • KSC Island Tours - Providing air, sea, and undersea tours of the beautiful KSC Islands and surrounding areas.
  • Wright Aeronautical - Offering airplane rides to the public, and provides air show stunt contracts.
  • Kerbal Space Program - Led by Gene Kerman, authorizes, launches, and commands the world famous space program at the Kerbal Space Center.
  • KSC Coast Guard - Our motto is Always Ready - Kemper Keratus! Providing air, land, and sea rescue and stage recovery. (Used for occasional rescue and recovery opportunities, mostly near KSC ocean)
  • KSC Airlines - The official airline of the Kerbal Space Center.
  • Space Transportation System Space Shuttle Mission Control managed at KSC 2.

Current Contracts:

ktjz0uo.jpg

Download & Installation:

Get it on CKAN! (Recommended)

SpaceDock

GitHub

Changelog: 

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

DEVNOTES (Future Planned Features): 

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/DEVNOTES.txt

Early craft testing, barnstorming, hang gliding, wingsuits, skydiving, bases, STS missions, and much much more to come!

It's my first ever mod for anything, anywhere, so go easy. Let me know what you think! Look at the DEVNOTES and let me know if you have other ideas you'd like to see! Your feedback is appreciated! Let me know if you have any recommendations. You can see thecurrent reward and penalty balance chart here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vmZkfWamAaeuTsKL1_yes4l-eoMTrmJZ9zvgp3NkjaM/edit?usp=sharing

KNOWN ISSUES:

This pack is in active development. Please mind the GAP. Please raise any and all issues or enhancement requests on the GAP GitHub issue tracker.

• DO NOT recover any prop that is spawned by GAP (Jebediah's Barn, KSS Rixx, etc.) unless you want to break the contract and a ton of funds to your account. (KSS Rix alone can be recovered for several million funds). Props are automatically destroyed by GAP on contract completion to clean things up for you.
  • Recovering a vessel via the Space Center View or Tracking Station will not complete a contract if it requires recovery of a vessel. Work around is to simply recover all vessels in flight mode view. https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/7
  • Failing a contract may not always clean up any extra Kerbals used for the contract. If you can't revert, or don't wish to, then to clean up, simply recover the affected Kerbals, and then simply remove them from your roster. All failed contracts will reappear in Mission Control eventually. Use Alt F12 and access the Contract cheat menu to decline multiple contracts quickly and force regeneration of any contract that fails to appear, if necessary.
  • StageRecovery users only will have a custom dialog box show up when they release Coast Guard buoys, reminding them to stick around the area (within physics range) to ensure buoy splashdown and use for science recovery later in the mission.

CREDITS:

Thanks goes to the following individuals for their contributions to this contract pack. Without them, none of this would have happened:

@nightingale - creator of Contract Configurator. tirelessly responsive and an amazing coder and modder without whom this mod would not exist.
@seanmcdougall - creator of Take Command mod
@keptin - creator of Kerbal Aircraft eXpansion
@maculator- creator of Kerbal Aircraft Builders, for inspiring me with his pioneering example into aircraft based contracts
@severedsolo - always a great resource for contract development
@pandoras kitten - designer of a number of craft seen in the series above

@RixKillian - designer of the KSS Rix aircraft carrier
@Speeding Mullet - designer of a number of props for GAP

and dozens more who have contributed craft files for use in the pack (they have been honored by having crew members on the KSS Rix named after them). I'll post an updated list shortly. :)

LOZDtsr.png

This Contract Pack is CCF Certified - guaranteed to work with any Community Career Framework based career games!

How do I do the transmit science for the Buoy Contract/s?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.