Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

This should be fixed in the next Contact Configurator release. 

Thanks, inigma already quoted me about it. Funny thing is, at some point, not sure what was changes made - going to other craft,tracking center,  SPH or it was due to saving/loading exoting KSP etc., but I got another GAP mission and that missing crew become available to laod at craft while I was in SPH.

After finishing that another GAP contract, that kerbal is no longer KIA. But I have seen even more wierd bugs in KSP that have even much less sense :)

Edited by kcs123

Just a thought, for those of us that play with the Kerbal Construction Time mod [which adds build times to the game] some of the time constraints on your contracts are, difficult to meet. It makes sense for missions like coast guard rescues, and prompts players to keep built craft on stand-by for that, but other ones, but I've had a few that I've accepted and then failed to to taking too long designing and building the craft to perform the mission.

Just a thought you know.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Just a thought, for those of us that play with the Kerbal Construction Time mod [which adds build times to the game] some of the time constraints on your contracts are, difficult to meet. It makes sense for missions like coast guard rescues, and prompts players to keep built craft on stand-by for that, but other ones, but I've had a few that I've accepted and then failed to to taking too long designing and building the craft to perform the mission.

Just a thought you know.

Which contracts are expiring faster than you can build? Only the Coast Guard rescue contracts have a deadline of 1 day, which for KCT players means one needs to have on hand a rescue craft ready to respond before accepting the contract. All other contracts should have no deadline to complete.

For GAP 1.1, I was thinking about introducing a G limit for airline flights. 9 Gs? That's the start of the red line.  I know with large airliners the G limit hardly exceeds 4 Gs on sharp maneuvers. For smaller corporate jets this is easily exceeded and even 9 Gs can be hit in the right conditions. If anyone has a better G limit to recommend, I'll introduce it in GAP 1.0.2 at 9 Gs.  IslandTours, CoastGuard, and Wright contracts are except of course (except Give and Airplane ride, this is still at 4Gs to encourage development of slower beginning craft). Exceeding the G limit for any contract that has one, will fail the contract outright.

Edited by inigma

GAP goes gold! No longer beta. All the kinks worked out, all that's left now are enhancements on the road to GAP 2.0.

I give you:

Total Career Contracts Available: 35

1/11/16 1.0.2

• added SSI-Bail - SSI Aerospace: Jump from an airplane!
  • added contract failure for exceeding 9Gs for airline contracts, and 4Gs for Wright Airplane Ride. IslandTours contracts are exempt (cause some tourists want a fun ride).
  • simplified wheel check for IslandTours-Shoreline to be any wheel, stock or modded.
  • simplified air breathing engine check for Wright-FirstFlight (intakes of any kind, including engines with intakes will unlock contract) (thanks Lack)
  • removed Module Manager dependency (string text was causing issue) from helicopter contract.
  • STS now requires a player to have previously reached space, peform a space walk, and return from orbit, in addition to completing Flight 101.
  • fixed Buoy Drop contracts to req both barometer and transmitter to count as a buoy, not either or.
  • requires Contract Configurator 1.9.3 to fix GAP issues #100 and #125.

12 hours ago, inigma said:

Which contracts are expiring faster than you can build? Only the Coast Guard rescue contracts have a deadline of 1 day, which for KCT players means one needs to have on hand a rescue craft ready to respond before accepting the contract. All other contracts should have no deadline to complete.

I thought it was a tourist contract, had to fly one into the air for a couple of minutes then land and recover, had a plane already made and tried the flight, but crashed the landing too far from the recovery area, but didn't kill the tourist or pilot. so was going to retry, but the contract expired before I could get another plane made. Maybe it expired for some other reason?

Edited by vardicd

5 hours ago, vardicd said:

I thought it was a tourist contract, had to fly one into the air for a couple of minutes then land and recover, had a plane already made and tried the flight, but crashed the landing too far from the recovery area, but didn't kill the tourist or pilot. so was going to retry, but the contract expired before I could get another plane made. Maybe it expired for some other reason?

Crashing a plane will fail the contract. Not always, but usually.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Crashing a plane will fail the contract. Not always, but usually.

hm. maybe that's why then. On a side note, I've noticed that since I've installed your contract pack, about half the time I recover a craft through the tracking station, kerbals in recovered ships aren't recovered, they are killed in action. it just happened an hour or so ago to val, she was sitting in a rover on kerbin, which I recovered through the tracking center, and went to stick her in a plane, and she was dead. I'm not sure why this is happening, unless there's something in your contract pack that's was originally meant to remove spawned kerbals is mis-behaving? I can provide my log file if you like.

6 minutes ago, vardicd said:

hm. maybe that's why then. On a side note, I've noticed that since I've installed your contract pack, about half the time I recover a craft through the tracking station, kerbals in recovered ships aren't recovered, they are killed in action. it just happened an hour or so ago to val, she was sitting in a rover on kerbin, which I recovered through the tracking center, and went to stick her in a plane, and she was dead. I'm not sure why this is happening, unless there's something in your contract pack that's was originally meant to remove spawned kerbals is mis-behaving? I can provide my log file if you like.

Fixed in GAP 1.0.2. Can you duplicate in GAP 1.0.2 and CC 1.9.3 or higher?

Edited by inigma

8 minutes ago, inigma said:

Fixed in GAP 1.0.2. Can you duplicate in GAP 1.0.2 and CC 1.9.3 or higher?

Make that 1.9.3.1 or higher because there was a major problem involving tourism contracts that got introduced in 1.9.3 and is fixed in 1.9.3.1

Hello.

I have difficulty completing the third Waypoint mission, where I have to fly 'under' a set of 6 waypoints on the Island.

I manage to fly very near the ground, under waypoint 1 on the runway, and the waypoint disappears. A tick appears in the contract completion log.

I fly just under Waypoint 2, hanging in the air, and I complete it.

Waypoint 3 is impossible. I fly through it, just under it, under 100m from it, even rolled on the ground under it, to no avail. 

What could be the problem? Waypoint 3 is at about 1600m altitude, situated just above a ridge. 

6 minutes ago, TruthQuark said:

Hello.

I have difficulty completing the third Waypoint mission, where I have to fly 'under' a set of 6 waypoints on the Island.

I manage to fly very near the ground, under waypoint 1 on the runway, and the waypoint disappears. A tick appears in the contract completion log.

I fly just under Waypoint 2, hanging in the air, and I complete it.

Waypoint 3 is impossible. I fly through it, just under it, under 100m from it, even rolled on the ground under it, to no avail. 

What could be the problem? Waypoint 3 is at about 1600m altitude, situated just above a ridge. 

For the KSP-IslandSurvey contract, Waypoint 3 is altitude = 1100m and the check is for  

minAltitude = 100
maxAltitude = 1100

and

distance = 1000

So fly between 100m to 1100m altitude within 1000m of the waypoint,  and let me know if it completes it.

Edited by inigma

First off, great pack and your efforts are appreciated!

I'm having problems with eva.  Every time I do, I fail the Wright aeronautical plane rides, and the commercial flight contracts (where eva is required).  I've tried different planes with different compartments, but they all fail, seemingly due to the excess g-force incurred by eva.  Any ideas as to what's going on?  It doesn't seem to be a problem for others.

Using the most recent GAP and CC.

20 minutes ago, semicircular said:

I'm having problems with eva.  Every time I do, I fail the Wright aeronautical plane rides, and the commercial flight contracts (where eva is required).  I've tried different planes with different compartments, but they all fail, seemingly due to the excess g-force incurred by eva.  Any ideas as to what's going on?  It doesn't seem to be a problem for others.

exceess g-force on EVA? wow.  if so, argh. that could be critical. I will test this when I get home tonight ASAP. (of all things, I didn't test EVA exist effect on the G-force limit enhancement). This could be a stock bug that CC could be triggering on. tying in @nightingale 

Edited by inigma

50 minutes ago, semicircular said:

Absolutely freaking confirmed. What a mess. SQUAD!!  yes. its a bug in KSP. EVA causes a Kerbal to exceed 15 Gs.  I'll see if I can code a fix, else I'll be ripping it out and releasing 1.0.3 before you can say "Squad made me do it."

Total Career Contracts Available: 35

1/11/16 1.0.2.1

• fixed critical error where EVAing a kerbal would fail contracts checking for G force. (stock KSP bug has EVA kerbals exceeding 15 Gs on exit from craft!)
  • requires Contract Configurator 1.9.3.1

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Absolutely freaking confirmed. What a mess. SQUAD!!  yes. its a bug in KSP. EVA causes a Kerbal to exceed 15 Gs.  I'll see if I can code a fix, else I'll be ripping it out and releasing 1.0.3 before you can say "Squad made me do it."

Raise a GitHub issue and we'll see what we can come up with. I'm thinking if we average over 5-10 frames we can eliminate silly stuff like that. 

9 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Raise a GitHub issue and we'll see what we can come up with. I'm thinking if we average over 5-10 frames we can eliminate silly stuff like that. 

I fixed it with a VPG encapsulation, but I can raise a github since having acceleration checks for EVAs should work right out of the box, if you forgive the pun.

There is an issue with the "Join SSI Aerospace!" starter mission - in my new career game level 1 R&D building I suppose the conference center doesn't exist yet as an area of interest. After the pickup at the admin building, following the waypoint marker and just sitting there doesn't satisfy the requirement to drive to the area. It also seems to grant you the TR-2V decoupler even though it isn't part of the objectives. I threw that onto the vehicle just to see it if was a ghost requirement but still no completion.

Currently you're just standing outside the admin area like a lost puppy while I drive around on the parts grant to science the starter area, so not a total loss :)

3 hours ago, Faptech said:

There is an issue with the "Join SSI Aerospace!" starter mission - in my new career game level 1 R&D building I suppose the conference center doesn't exist yet as an area of interest. After the pickup at the admin building, following the waypoint marker and just sitting there doesn't satisfy the requirement to drive to the area. It also seems to grant you the TR-2V decoupler even though it isn't part of the objectives. I threw that onto the vehicle just to see it if was a ghost requirement but still no completion.

Currently you're just standing outside the admin area like a lost puppy while I drive around on the parts grant to science the starter area, so not a total loss :)

There are two waypoints. Admin building, and R&D. You should be able to pick up Inigma Kerman and drive him to the R&D waypoint and complete. Do you see the R&D waypoint? It should be right on the sidewalk on the south side of the R&D, in front of the doors. The waypoint is compatible with any tech level R&D center. :) You may need to activate navigation on the waypoint from map view. Or else use Waypoint Manager from nightingale.  Once checked, simply recover Inigma Kerman.

If the above isn't clear, or not working, can you post me a link to a savefile right at launch, or copy of your craft? Also list any mods it uses.

Edited by inigma

I noticed that in that mission, I can switch to Inigma -before- the 'drive there' requirement is completed. This way his welcome popup window never appears. I didn't test if that screws with the mission, but that might be the case here.

(though that was in the release version, didn't check if there was a change since than)

Edited by Evanitis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.