Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

2 hours ago, maculator said:

Just started a fresh career to ttest the **** out of this pack, so far its amazing, just like I hoped.

Getting my ships to water is a bit tedious and the reward doesn't really compensate the funds I gotta spend to complete the missions.

I NEVER used boats before so I didnt really know how and what to do, but now that I got the hang of it its really funny, I just hope squad equips the KSC with a smal harbor or boat ramp in the future.

Reveal hidden contents

UQlOHP5.png

PS: @inigma 1. The link in the contract configurator post linking to this thread is broken and 2. Is there anyway you could put the original KAB flag in the pack? I really love it and would love to see it living past the KAB pack. Thanks

Thanks for testing it out. If you have reward recommendations, check out the following spreadsheet and post in this thread your recommendations:

GAP Reward and Failure Balances
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vmZkfWamAaeuTsKL1_yes4l-eoMTrmJZ9zvgp3NkjaM/

I just updated all the balances last night across the whole pack, so if you install the development version of GAP before last night, do so again today to make sure you get the rebalanced pack.

Concerning the KAB flag, I only modified it as a placeholder flag to keep a basic white background so it better matches the rest of the flags in the whole contract system (stock or otherwise) but it really needs a transparent background to remain consistent. I was actually meaning to ask you if you'd like to design a brand new KAB flag for use in the Contract Pack for this purpose. The requirement would be to give it a transparent background. Let me know if you'd like to work on this. Since your plane in your logo is black, if you were to make a transparent logo it wouldn't stand out. Maybe you'd be interested in designing a new logo for this? Let me know! Either or, whichever KAB flag you decide, will remain for the KAB crew cabin testing contracts.

Edited by inigma

1 minute ago, maculator said:

I'd realy like to contribute to the balancing, but this thread is a huge spoiler I instantly closed it. I want to play through the pack first, then I'll have a look at that thread again.^^

Lol. No worries. Just be sure you download the latest dev build today when you play. :)

7 minutes ago, maculator said:

I've been playing yesterday and want to start playing right now. Will the devbuild break anything, or can I just install it over the previous one?

I recommend starting a new career with the GAP devbuild as it also requires Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1, although technically you should be able to install over the previous one just fine, but if you do that you will need to cancel any currently active and offered GAP contracts to refresh the contract offerings.

Edited by inigma

On 1/25/2016 at 5:36 AM, inigma said:

I was unable to duplicate this. Do you have a craft and save file I can test it with?

In regard to the Car Kraken bug. Although it possibly relates to very old stock bug. If you can't duplicate the error.  I would suggest it is a problem with my instal.  So to eliminate that I am going to nuke the lot and rebuild KSP again [I do a ridiculous amount of  installs during mod pack building anyway]. So let see if this occurs again on a clean build. Please disregard for now. 

In other news. I tried to go through a lot of parts packs looking for something that works well with GAP. Specifically parts that are early tech with a reasonable SETI like progression. Finally settled on SXT. @Lack has done an excellent job here. As we move to GAP 1.1 changes I thing people are going to love using it with the suggested firespitter support and this parts pack. So far even now the experience as been awesome. 

Thanks so much for putting together a great contracts pack. You are awesome. 

20 hours ago, inigma said:

buoy recognition is improved in GAP 1.1 slated for release later this week.

nice :)

But i guess the science transmit at the end won't work with Remote tech. I guess its the same/similar problem as with the science lab and the survey scanners. For this 2 there was a remote tech community fix but it seems that doesn't help for GAP.

3 minutes ago, Ringkeeper said:

But i guess the science transmit at the end won't work with Remote tech. I guess its the same/similar problem as with the science lab and the survey scanners. For this 2 there was a remote tech community fix but it seems that doesn't help for GAP.

The science transmit will work with RemoteTech... just slap an antenna on the buoy that will bounce off a comsat in orbit. This means you can't do buoy drops until then. If you think I should, I could simply code in recognition of Remote Tech installs to offer buoy contracts that have no science transmit requirement. Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Ringkeeper said:

Or another thought, if you are running Remote Tech, in order to get the buoy to transmit, you can simply fly a relay plane over the area to bounce the signals back.

6 minutes ago, inigma said:

The science transmit will work with RemoteTech... just slap an antenna on the buoy that will bounce off a comsat in orbit. This means you can't do buoy drops until then. If you think I should, I could simply code in recognition of Remote Tech installs to offer buoy contracts that have no science transmit requirement. Thoughts?

Or another thought, if you are running Remote Tech, in order to get the buoy to transmit, you can simply fly a relay plane over the area to bounce the signals back.

The buoy was connected via a Sat to the Center, so that was not the problem. It uploaded also the science 100% (at least according to the status text in the top left corner) . But the contract did not recognise it.

Thats exactly the same problem  the survey scanner/science lab had until the community fix for them. So i guess its not a problem of the GAP contract but a bug in RT.

1 minute ago, Ringkeeper said:

The buoy was connected via a Sat to the Center, so that was not the problem. It uploaded also the science 100% (at least according to the status text in the top left corner) . But the contract did not recognise it.

Thats exactly the same problem  the survey scanner/science lab had until the community fix for them. So i guess its not a problem of the GAP contract but a bug in RT.

@nightingale: Apparently when RemoteTech is installed, transmitting science is not recognized by Contract Configurator and the BuoyDrop contract is unable to complete. Would this an RT or possibly a CC issue?  Contract: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CoastGuard-DropBuoys.cfg Any ideas?

Just now, inigma said:

@nightingale: Apparently when RemoteTech is installed, transmitting science is not recognized by Contract Configurator and the BuoyDrop contract is unable to complete. Would this an RT or possibly a CC issue?  Contract: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CoastGuard-DropBuoys.cfg Any ideas?

No idea, I'll assume it's something I need to change in CC for the moment - can you raise the issue for me?

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

No idea, I'll assume it's something I need to change in CC for the moment - can you raise the issue for me?

@nightingale

if it helps, the link to the RT fix with some explanations what was the problem. Don't know if it helps

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/75245-105-remotetech-v169-2015-11-10/&do=findComment&comment=2285093

Just now, Ringkeeper said:

@nightingale

if it helps, the link to the RT fix with some explanations what was the problem. Don't know if it helps

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/75245-105-remotetech-v169-2015-11-10/&do=findComment&comment=2285093

@Ringkeeper I raised: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/161

8 minutes ago, Ringkeeper said:

@nightingale

Sorry, should've read the whole thread.  Yes, if RemoteTech is throwing an exception on transmit, then it is a RemoteTech problem. :)

So there is a thing anyone playing this should notice:

It is possible to load a kerbal from one of the contracts while in the SPH/VAB and then on the launchpad/runway you are asked to load them again.

DON'T DO IT. If you kill him you'll corrupt your safe and will have to go to persistent.sfs, find the kerbal and edit him out.

Otherwise youl get the beloved "Stuck in building X"- Bug.

(I don't know if its a problem how the contract is designed or a general CC-problem but here is what I did to screw things up:

It was right after the rescue test, the first real rescue contract. The one where you have to pick up the 2 shipwrecked guys behind the island AND have to load the doctor before takoff.

So I put him in a commandseat inside the SPH and then forgott about him and added him again on the runway when I was asked to. So I threw one of the clones out of the plane and did the contract. When I landed my plane I accidently ran the leftbehind clone over and the next time I entered the mission control I got stuck. So I asked google and found the problem. After I edited my safe, everything worked again)

1 hour ago, m4ti140 said:

Are you planning to support Kerbinside in future?

That would be a Contract Configurator question.

Kerbinside support would require specific contracts for Kerbinside only I'm afraid. I'll let the Kerbinside author make contracts for it.

Edited by inigma

4 hours ago, maculator said:

It is possible to load a kerbal from one of the contracts while in the SPH/VAB and then on the launchpad/runway you are asked to load them again.

DON'T DO IT. If you kill him you'll corrupt your safe and will have to go to persistent.sfs, find the kerbal and edit him out.

(I don't know if its a problem how the contract is designed or a general CC-problem but here is what I did to screw things up:

It was right after the rescue test, the first real rescue contract. The one where you have to pick up the 2 shipwrecked guys behind the island AND have to load the doctor before takoff.

So I put him in a commandseat inside the SPH and then forgott about him and added him again on the runway when I was asked to. So I threw one of the clones out of the plane and did the contract. When I landed my plane I accidently ran the leftbehind clone over and the next time I entered the mission control I got stuck. So I asked google and found the problem. After I edited my safe, everything worked again)

@inigma - can you point me to which contract this is?  I wasn't able to reproduce this on a generic contract with a tourist (if the tourist was already loaded I didn't get the dialog box).

27 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@inigma - can you point me to which contract this is?  I wasn't able to reproduce this on a generic contract with a tourist (if the tourist was already loaded I didn't get the dialog box).

This would be the CoastGuard-RescueFishermen.cfg contract: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CoastGuard-RescueFishermen.cfg

Technically speaking loading Lt. Dan Kerman the CoastGuard officer on your craft in the SPH should not trigger a passenger load dialog on vessel launch. I never encountered it before, so I would find it odd if it was reproducible. I'm not in a place to test at the moment.

Edited by inigma

5 hours ago, maculator said:

I'm not quite sure the steps between 

"I put him in a commandseat inside the SPH" and "and then forgot about him"

Did you launch the craft with Lt. Dan Kerman loaded in the command seat? If so, if you launch from SPH after loading Lt. Dan in a seat, the game does not load the Contract Configurator dialog box requesting to load the passenger... unless somehow you got a cloned Lt. Dan in your Astronaut Complex ahead of time... which would be interesting. I'm not able to reproduce this. If you can reproduce it, can you do so in a brand new save? Also, are you playing the contracts from Mission Control or accepting them from debug menu? If debug menu, it's been known to cause a ghosted Kerbal from time time - but I've not run into that since CC 1.9.2. If you installed the dev version of GAP 1.1 and reloaded your contracts, make sure you decline all contracts for GAP from the Debug menu to generate fresh ones. Hopefully there won't be a conflict.

Edited by inigma

On 1/24/2016 at 2:28 AM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Got an odd bug. Leaving a rover parked anywhere in KSC between missions can cause it to vanish. With error "vessel not loading missing parts unknown"

What does unknow parts mean?

Is this a bug in take command perhaps. I suspect the way it works can cause problems. 

EDIT: Really glad I caught this one early it destroys the campaign by feeding Kerbals to the Car-kraken.

EDIT: This one does seem to very repeatable using just the standard parts. Leave buggy packed on runway. Go to VAB and launch a rocket. Let that crash. Go back to space center. Buggy vanished with "vessel not loading missing part unknown". Kerbal driver is kaput.

I think I came across this bug finally. If you have SpawnKerbal passengers in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed and an active passenger contract, and you then go to Space Center to fail the contract via another vessel crashing (fixed in GAP 1.1 btw where other vessels could inadvertently fail your contract), or simply cancel the contract (which will still be possible in GAP 1.1), the Kerbals in the seats are removed by Contract Configurator, but not from the Command Seats cleanly - for when you load the craft, the ghosted kerbals are showing up as unknown, and when you recover the vessel the error comes back as:

vessel TourBus was not loaded because it had invalid parts missing: unknownPart

The missing Kerbals are the unknownPart. I suspect this is due to Contract Configurator not cleanly cleaning up Kerbals left in Command Seats. @nightingale have any immediate thoughts? I think Take Command does something specific with Kerbals in seats, that when CC goes to clean up SpawnKerbals after a contract failure or cancellation, it's leaving Kerbal residue which the game can't recognize as valid Kerbals. I think when you coded for removal of contract Kerbals that you only tested stock. I think testing it with Kerbals in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed would be what is required to duplicate this issue.

raised: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/162

Edited by inigma

43 minutes ago, inigma said:

I think I came across this bug finally. If you have SpawnKerbal passengers in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed and an active passenger contract, and you then go to Space Center to fail the contract via another vessel crashing (fixed in GAP 1.1 btw where other vessels could inadvertently fail your contract), or simply cancel the contract (which will still be possible in GAP 1.1), the Kerbals in the seats are removed by Contract Configurator, but not from the Command Seats cleanly - for when you load the craft, the ghosted kerbals are showing up as unknown, and when you recover the vessel the error comes back as:

vessel TourBus was not loaded because it had invalid parts missing: unknownPart

The missing Kerbals are the unknownPart. I suspect this is due to Contract Configurator not cleanly cleaning up Kerbals left in Command Seats. @nightingale have any immediate thoughts? I think Take Command does something specific with Kerbals in seats, that when CC goes to clean up SpawnKerbals after a contract failure or cancellation, it's leaving Kerbal residue which the game can't recognize as valid Kerbals. I think when you coded for removal of contract Kerbals that you only tested stock. I think testing it with Kerbals in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed would be what is required to duplicate this issue.

raised: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/162

I suspect this isn't specific to TakeCommand.  I never accounted for command chairs in that cleanup code, so it's definitely a CC issue. GitHub issue, if you please. 

It's release time. :)

Requires Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 51

1/27/16 GAP 1.1

• requires Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1
  • rebalanced all contract rewards and penalties, and added crew experience rewards for specific one-time contracts.
  • added Wright-Glider and updated Wright-FirstFlight to be dependent on it.
  • added KSC Airlines Flight 4 requiring players to pick up passengers at SPH Air Terminal.
  • added SSI Aerospace: Achieve Mach 4!
  • added SSI Aerospace: Achieve Mach 3!
  • added SSI Aerospace: Achieve Mach 2!
  • added SSI-Mach1 - SSI Aerospace: Break the sound barrier!
  • SSI-60000m - SSI Aerospace: Fly a spaceplane to the edge of space!
  • added SSI-35000m - SSI Aerospace: Fly an airplane to 35000m.
  • added SSI-20000m - SSI Aerospace: Fly an airplane to 20000m.
  • added SSI-10000m - SSI Aerospace: Fly an airplane to 10000m.
  • added Wright-5000m - Wright Aeronautical: Fly an airplane to 5000m.
  • added Wright-220 - Wright Aeronautical: Achieve a maximum speed of 220 m/s
  • added Wright-100 - Wright Aeronautical: Achieve a maximum speed of 100 m/s
  • added Wright Aeronautical: Barnstorm Jebediah's tool shed!
  • added Wright Aeronautical: Barnstorm the Island Airfield hangars!
  • added Kerbal Space Program: Drive a Tour Bus at KSC! (for very small funds, science, and rep in case you bankrupt yourself)
  • reassigned all SSI crew cabin test contracts to the KAB agency.
  • added requirement for air breathing engines only for relevant early aircraft contracts.
  • added Kerbal Aircraft Builders agency, group, and assets.
  • added StageRecovery compatibility with BuoyDrop contracts - added a dialog to inform player to stick around until buoy splashdown.
  • renamed SSI-2000m to Wright-2500m and changed altitude target from 2000m to 2500m.
  • renamed SSI-Bail to Wright-Bail.
  • updated SSI-Bail to require 2500m altitude rather than 2000m.
  • updated STS-30 dependecies to require SSI-Mach4 and match GAP 2.0 contract map.
  • updated experience reward triggers for Wright-FirstFlight, and SSI-Submarine.
  • updated DropBuoys contracts to check for a max of 2 barometers on craft to avoid completion stall (thanks kcs123)
  • updated SSI-Submarine to require only 1 crew member
  • decoupled IslandTours-Flight-2 from requiring crew cabin test flight.
  • fixed KSP-IslandLanding and KSP-IslandPrep waypoints from being hidden. It now shows up. (thanks GhostMonkeyNKHI)
  • fixed sequence for BuoyDrop contracts requiring crew recovery before science
  • fixed unrelated multiple active passenger contracts failing when one passenger contracts fails (thanks nobodyhasthis2)
  • added KSP-AVC version checking

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

I suspect this isn't specific to TakeCommand.  I never accounted for command chairs in that cleanup code, so it's definitely a CC issue. GitHub issue, if you please. 

I figured. I'll raise a GitHub tomorrow. It's time for bed now. I just hope 1.1 doesn't fall apart overnight, and I hope the fans enjoy it. :)  51 contracts. What was I thinking? All I wanted was an airplane round trip. Found KAB, tried to help. Got so many ideas I just had to do something. GAP was born and hasn't stopped growing. heh.

Edited by inigma

I'm trying to get round to installing this and giving it a really good work through.  In the meantime thanks for the credit in the OP, and I will have a good go very possibly this weekend, or as RL allows!  I can tell that you have put a huge amount of work into this!

Looking forward to future input!

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.