Workaround Industries Presents... The F4R-M Rotary turboshaft wheel vehicle!

New! For all your farming needs! Durable! Edible! The F4R-M tricycle unit. Propelled by 8 eco-jets! Buy yours today for the low low price of too much. 

y96cV2e.png

Extremely functional! 100% rubber-free tires. Cutting-edge tricycle technology, with Ultra Super Safety Brakes! (USSB technology not included). Only 80% chance of spontaneous detonation.

WuXU45a.png

Top speed: 12 m/s of pure farming power! Exceeding this speed exempts us from all responsibility.

1vEJ1GO.png

Occasional explosions may occur. Do not go down slopes steeper that 8 degrees.

I will post the download if someone likes it. I don't know if this is the first stock wheeled vehicle, but it's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. The jets themselves create very little forward movement since there's a pair pushing in opposite directions on each wheel, so it's actually mainly the wheel doing the work. And with the 'low' part count of 252, it's actually kinda practical. I'm going to stop talking now.

Improved version (v 3.21) link:

Stripped-down version (less CPU-intensive):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5o09dbcm6c71f3/Tractor%20%28F4R-M%29%20MK3.craft?dl=0

Actual version (280 parts):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e5a3ivgjikztpi/Tractor%20%28F4R-M%29%20MK2%20-%20Copy.craft?dl=0

Edited by The Optimist
new link

On 1/18/2016 at 6:30 PM, Azimech said:

Nice craft! Yes, there have been a few before, using turboshafts is rare though. I have one that used to work in 0.90, part count prohibits such things nowadays.

Well, apparently this little number is the one percent. Pun fully intended.

Edited by The Optimist

• 2 weeks later...

New variant incoming! The PL-0WR modification makes this model more potent and more controllable. It's also 40% less phallic! And featuring the new patented Quad-Tri-Bi-Cycle technology! Downloads coming tomorrow, too lazy right now

UdVt0QB.png

Edited by The Optimist

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 5:25 AM, Azimech said:

You might like this one too. Every wheel a turboshaft.

This is 1.0.4, right? I like the tweakscaled engines and the wheel design. Also I have a download link up now, please choose me for spacecraft friday. Heh, just kidding. But for reals, download link is (finally) up!

Just now, The Optimist said:

This is 1.0.4, right? I like the tweakscaled engines and the wheel design. Also I have a download link up now, please choose me for spacecraft friday. Heh, just kidding. But for reals, download link is (finally) up!

wait that ain't a tweakscaled engine.

34 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

wait that ain't a tweakscaled engine.

Yep, this is 0.90, 100% stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.