Alien Space Programs - Dev Thread

Whirligig Girl

On 19 March 2016 at 8:05 PM, GregroxMun said:

I am curious, do you have a mission report (or at least some screenshots) of your voyage to Kerbin? I'd like to see that.

Sorry for the delay! This blot bunny was bouncing around for a bit, and I finally managed to play through it.  Kind of.  http://imgur.com/a/ZJW8i 

Edited by Yet.another.newbie
Typo

I have been using version 0.7 of the Duna Space Program and like it a lot. Unfortunately, I am having an issue. After playing for a while, the Space Plane Hangar becomes unusable. I can't select any parts. It works at first and then breaks. If I delete the game and start over, it does the same thing. I am using the following mods: Chatterer, DunaSpaceProgram, KerbalEngineer, KerbalJointReinforcement, Kopernicus, MechJeb2, MinAmbience, QuickHide, KerbalAlarmClock. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, CraftedDoge20PlaysKSP1.0.5 said:

so, i have 1.1, will it work?

You have the 1.1 Pre-release, not 1.1.

No, it won't work, and here's a metaphor to explain why. This mod is like a computer system that controls a vehicle. The computer system should continue to work fine after 1.1, because it uses the ModuleManager language. It's the vehicle's engine-motor which broke, and the engine is Kopernicus. Kopernicus for 1.1 is unlikely to be released before 1.1 is. 1.1 is not even released yet,

Edited by GregroxMun

9 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

You have the 1.1 Pre-release, not 1.1.

No, it won't work, and here's a metaphor to explain why. This mod is like a computer system that controls a vehicle. The computer system should continue to work fine after 1.1, because it uses the ModuleManager language. It's the vehicle's engine-motor which broke, and the engine is Kopernicus. Kopernicus for 1.1 is unlikely to be released before 1.1 is. 1.1 is not even released yet,

@Thomas P. said himself that it will not be released before 1.1, even though he has updated it already.

On 25/03/2016 at 6:07 AM, gbennett58 said:

I have been using version 0.7 of the Duna Space Program and like it a lot. Unfortunately, I am having an issue. After playing for a while, the Space Plane Hangar becomes unusable. I can't select any parts. It works at first and then breaks. If I delete the game and start over, it does the same thing. I am using the following mods: Chatterer, DunaSpaceProgram, KerbalEngineer, KerbalJointReinforcement, Kopernicus, MechJeb2, MinAmbience, QuickHide, KerbalAlarmClock. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

I'm getting the same problem, and so was Scott Manley

12 minutes ago, politas said:

I'm getting the same problem, and so was Scott Manley

weird, the only suggestion I can give you is to try a clean KSP 1.0.5 install, with kopernicus 0.6.3 and DSP 0.7

if you get the problem from that, upload the persistent file so we can take a look

if you don't, it's probably some weird interaction with some third party mod, in which case we would need to figure out which is the mod in question and if the issue is kopernicus' fault, DSP's fault or that mod's fault.

Don't want to that only one who don't know how to... but well way you tell how to install Alien Space Programs is well... to me it looks like mess and well can you please say like directions and other things. Because l get it like this you install well EveSpaceProgram then install scattererEve config but l don't get where to put it. You know those install tutorials needs to be fool proof and bla bla bla... and maybe that's why Scott Manley didn't use them l don't say he is fool but well l am not fool too but for real its better if you did like somewhere in your text like this

INSTALL:

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING C:\KerbalSpaceProgram\Gamedata Something something

PS. Sorry for my english it's not my native language and please say how to install this mod l really want to try it

Eepu

On 4/14/2016 at 3:57 PM, OndrikB said:

Could you make like an alien space program generator just like Sigma88 has made an universal rescale mod?

(it doesn't need to be in-game)

No.

Unrelatedly, the mod is probably updated to 1.1. Just make sure you have the new Kopernicus version.

On 20.4.2016 at 0:39 AM, GregroxMun said:

the mod is probably updated to 1.1.

It's not. The game kept on loading for ever and this is from the log:

[ERR 17:10:43.461] [Kopernicus]: Could not find built-in texture AerialRampKerbin

[LOG 17:10:43.646] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:43.691] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:43.889] [OD] Map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png enabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:44.044] [OD] Map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png enabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[WRN 17:10:44.061] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Kerbin(Clone)'
[WRN 17:10:44.063] CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.
[ERR 17:10:44.073] [PQS Error]: Sphere target is null!

[LOG 17:10:44.143] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Core' from assembly 'scatterer'
[LOG 17:10:44.155] [Scatterer] Detected Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 10.18.13.5362]
[LOG 17:10:44.156] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'renderTypeFixer' from assembly 'scatterer'
[LOG 17:10:44.422] Agent: Found 18 agent mentality types
[LOG 17:10:44.426] AgentList: 27 agents parsed and loaded.
[LOG 17:10:44.475] UIMasterController: HideUI
[EXC 17:10:44.483] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    Kopernicus.Components.KSC.Start ()
[ERR 17:10:44.488] [PQS]: PQS already marked as started during Start() method. This is probably wrong!

[ERR 17:10:44.490] [PQS]: PQS already marked as started during Start() method. This is probably wrong!

[EXC 17:10:44.492] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[PSystemBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[PSystemBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    Kopernicus.Components.Scatter.Start ()
[WRN 17:10:44.553] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'GregSux'
[LOG 17:10:44.947] [CelestialBody]: GregSux's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[LOG 17:10:44.977] [Kopernicus]: Post-Spawn
[LOG 17:10:44.980] Found max distance 113549713200
[LOG 17:10:44.988] [Kopernicus]: StarLightSwitcher: Set active star => Sun
[ERR 17:10:45.060] PSystemSetup: Cannot find PQS of name 'Kerbin'!

[LOG 17:11:44.122] [OD] map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png disabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:11:44.122] [OD] map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png disabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[EXC 17:18:14.120] NullReferenceException
    PQS.ResetSphere ()
    PQS.ResetSphere ()
    PQS.OnDestroy ()

6 hours ago, OndrikB said:

It's not. The game kept on loading for ever and this is from the log:

[ERR 17:10:43.461] [Kopernicus]: Could not find built-in texture AerialRampKerbin

[LOG 17:10:43.646] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:43.691] [OD] Adding for body Kerbin map named Laythe_Height (G) for Kerbin of path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:43.889] [OD] Map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png enabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[LOG 17:10:44.044] [OD] Map LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png enabling self. Path = LaytheSpaceProgram/PluginData/Laythe_Height.png
[WRN 17:10:44.061] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Kerbin(Clone)'
[WRN 17:10:44.063] CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.
[ERR 17:10:44.073] [PQS Error]: Sphere target is null!

[LOG 17:10:44.143] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Core' from assembly 'scatterer'
[LOG 17:10:44.155] [Scatterer] Detected Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 10.18.13.5362]
[LOG 17:10:44.156] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'renderTypeFixer' from assembly 'scatterer'
[LOG 17:10:44.422] Agent: Found 18 agent mentality types
[LOG 17:10:44.426] AgentList: 27 agents parsed and loaded.
[LOG 17:10:44.475] UIMasterController: HideUI
[EXC 17:10:44.483] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[CelestialBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    Kopernicus.Components.KSC.Start ()
[ERR 17:10:44.488] [PQS]: PQS already marked as started during Start() method. This is probably wrong!

[ERR 17:10:44.490] [PQS]: PQS already marked as started during Start() method. This is probably wrong!

[EXC 17:10:44.492] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[PSystemBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[PSystemBody] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    Kopernicus.Components.Scatter.Start ()
[WRN 17:10:44.553] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'GregSux'
[LOG 17:10:44.947] [CelestialBody]: GregSux's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[LOG 17:10:44.977] [Kopernicus]: Post-Spawn
[LOG 17:10:44.980] Found max distance 113549713200
[LOG 17:10:44.988] [Kopernicus]: StarLightSwitcher: Set active star => Sun
[ERR 17:10:45.060] PSystemSetup: Cannot find PQS of name 'Kerbin'!

[EXC 17:18:14.120] NullReferenceException
    PQS.ResetSphere ()
    PQS.ResetSphere ()
    PQS.OnDestroy ()

I'm pretty sure this is the scaledspace cache update bug. Try the mod in 1.0.5, then take the files in GameData/Kopernicus/Cache and copy and paste them to GameData/Kopernicus/Cache in 1.1.

16 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I'm pretty sure this is the scaledspace cache update bug. Try the mod in 1.0.5, then take the files in GameData/Kopernicus/Cache and copy and paste them to GameData/Kopernicus/Cache in 1.1.

Thanks, works now

• 3 weeks later...

I can't explain everything, because to be honest I don't want you outright stealing my work :P. But I will tell you the basics. First, it is important to know that Kopernicus configs are all Module Manager configs, so you have to use Module Manager syntax.

First, I clone Kerbin.

@Kopernicus:FOR[MinmusSpaceProgram]
{
	Body
	{
		name = Bin
		//name can be anything you want, but I use Bin for my mods.
		Template
		{
			name = Kerbin
		}
		Properties
		{
			isHomeWorld = False
			//Very important, otherwise the game breaks because it thinks there's two operational KSCs.
			description = A planet with blue oceans and land and blah blah blah
			//description can be anything you want.
		}
	}
}

Then I put Mun and Minmus in orbit around Bin instead of Kerbin.

@Kopernicus:FOR[AlienSpacePrograms]
{
	@Body[Mun]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Bin
		}
	}
	@Body[Minmus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Bin
		}
	}
}

For a Minmus Space Program, we'll be deleting Minmus anyway, so you don't actually have to move Minmus.

Next, we make the config which turns Kerbin into Minmus.

To get almost usable Kopernicus configs, go here: https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/tree/master/GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/Bodies/KittopiaExports
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Those configs are both out of date and require modification to actually work in-game.

{
	!Body[Minmus]
	//Deletes the stock Minmus, we don't need it anymore.
	!Body[Kerbin]
	//Now we don't have to worry about proper editing syntax for Kerbin/Minmus, we can pretend we're making it from scratch.
	//This is optional, you could just use the @ and % functions in Module Manager to edit/replace from the System.cfg template.
	Body
	{
		name = Kerbin
		//Yes, it *has* to be Kerbin. Otherwise the game doesn't know what to do with the KSC.
		cbNameLater = Minmus
		//This is where we give it the in-game name. This will make the planet's in-game name Minmus, but not it's in-code name.
		Template
		{
			name = Kerbin
			//Even though we're making Kerbin look like Minmus, we still need less unless we were editing the Kerbin planet.
			removePQSMods = //add all of the names of the PQSMods that Kerbin has which controls height and color of the planet, separated by commas.
			//Example:
			//removePQSMods = VertexHeightMap,LandControl
			removeOcean = True
			removeAtmosphere = True
			//Removes Kerbin's ocean and atmosphere.
			isHomeWorld = True
			//Just in case.
		}
		Properties
		{
			//Add all the properties of Minmus here. Radius, GeeASL, Mass, etc.
			//Note that if you're using the Kittopia Exports from the GitHub link, you need to replace the commas in timewarpAltitudeLimits with spaces.
		}
		!Atmosphere{*}
		//Deletes the Atmosphere properly.
		!Ocean{*}
		//Deletes the Ocean properly.
		PQS
		{
			minLevel = 2
			maxLevel = 6
			//This is a level of detail thing.
			Mods
			{
				//Add Minmus' PQSMods.
				//If you were doing this for a planet with a heightmap, then you'd have to export the heightmap using KittopiaTech
				//And set that as the Heightmap using the PQSMod "VertexHeightMap"
				//Luckily for Minmus, Minmus has relatively few PQSMods.
			}
		}
	}
}

So that should be a nice guide to making your own Alien Space Program mod.

I will not release your work as part of this mod, though if I like it enough I might link to it in the OP. I also ask that if you do release an Alien Space Program type mod, that you do not use the Alien Space Program name, but rather choose something else. And of course, that you credit me for the method used.

Edited by GregroxMun

Also btw. I wanna make a dres space program, this log part has proably something to do with it:

[WRN 18:03:27.085] Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Bin'
[LOG 18:03:27.556] [CelestialBody]: Bin's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[LOG 18:03:27.587] [Kopernicus]: Post-Spawn
[LOG 18:03:27.589] Found max distance 113549713200
[LOG 18:03:27.598] [Kopernicus]: StarLightSwitcher: Set active star => Sun
[ERR 18:03:27.671] PSystemSetup: Cannot find PQS of name 'Kerbin'!

On May 10, 2016 at 5:03 PM, GregroxMun said:

I can't explain everything, because to be honest I don't want you outright stealing my work :P. But I will tell you the basics. First, it is important to know that Kopernicus configs are all Module Manager configs, so you have to use Module Manager syntax.

First, I clone Kerbin.

{
	Body
	{
		name = Bin
		//name can be anything you want, but I use Bin for my mods.
		Template
		{
			name = Kerbin
		}
		Properties
		{
			isHomeWorld = False
			//Very important, otherwise the game breaks because it thinks there's two operational KSCs.
			description = A planet with blue oceans and land and blah blah blah
			//description can be anything you want.
		}
	}
}

Then I put Mun and Minmus in orbit around Bin instead of Kerbin.

@Kopernicus:FOR[AlienSpacePrograms]
{
	@Body[Mun]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Bin
		}
	}
	@Body[Minmus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Bin
		}
	}
}

For a Minmus Space Program, we'll be deleting Minmus anyway, so you don't actually have to move Minmus.

Next, we make the config which turns Kerbin into Minmus.

To get almost usable Kopernicus configs, go here: https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/tree/master/GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/Bodies/KittopiaExports
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Those configs are both out of date and require modification to actually work in-game.

{
	!Body[Minmus]
	//Deletes the stock Minmus, we don't need it anymore.
	!Body[Kerbin]
	//Now we don't have to worry about proper editing syntax for Kerbin/Minmus, we can pretend we're making it from scratch.
	//This is optional, you could just use the @ and % functions in Module Manager to edit/replace from the System.cfg template.
	Body
	{
		name = Kerbin
		//Yes, it *has* to be Kerbin. Otherwise the game doesn't know what to do with the KSC.
		cbNameLater = Minmus
		//This is where we give it the in-game name. This will make the planet's in-game name Minmus, but not it's in-code name.
		Template
		{
			name = Kerbin
			//Even though we're making Kerbin look like Minmus, we still need less unless we were editing the Kerbin planet.
			removePQSMods = //add all of the names of the PQSMods that Kerbin has which controls height and color of the planet, separated by commas.
			//Example:
			//removePQSMods = VertexHeightMap,LandControl
			removeOcean = True
			removeAtmosphere = True
			//Removes Kerbin's ocean and atmosphere.
			isHomeWorld = True
			//Just in case.
		}
		Properties
		{
			//Add all the properties of Minmus here. Radius, GeeASL, Mass, etc.
			//Note that if you're using the Kittopia Exports from the GitHub link, you need to replace the commas in timewarpAltitudeLimits with spaces.
		}
		!Atmosphere{*}
		//Deletes the Atmosphere properly.
		!Ocean{*}
		//Deletes the Ocean properly.
		PQS
		{
			minLevel = 2
			maxLevel = 6
			//This is a level of detail thing.
			Mods
			{
				//Add Minmus' PQSMods.
				//If you were doing this for a planet with a heightmap, then you'd have to export the heightmap using KittopiaTech
				//And set that as the Heightmap using the PQSMod "VertexHeightMap"
				//Luckily for Minmus, Minmus has relatively few PQSMods.
			}
		}
	}
}

So that should be a nice guide to making your own Alien Space Program mod.

I will not release your work as part of this mod, though if I like it enough I might link to it in the OP. I also ask that if you do release an Alien Space Program type mod, that you do not use the Alien Space Program name, but rather choose something else. And of course, that you credit me for the method used.

I'm at

deactivateAltitude = 180000

Mods

{

What do I put there EXACTLY? Is it just something I can copy/paste? Also what about the space center? Where's that go? Can I choose where it goes? Where do you put the code for that? Sorry for coming back over and over but I THINK I've ACTUALLY gotten it down now

=^v^=

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.