[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

2 minutes ago, Dark Necrotic said:

ckan is always crashing, when I try to install this... what could it be?

At the very top of the OP it literally says in bold red letters: "PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THIS FROM CKAN!"

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

24 minutes ago, Dark Necrotic said:

i see... thx for the quick answer! I just wondered what happened, because i installed it via ckan the last time i used it. Thank you for this great mod btw! :wink: think i will install it manually now :D

You're welcome :wink:

3 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures very big problem!!! I installed Principia and the whole Vatentine system got messed up, like all the planets has gotten into a hyperbolic trajectory, is it incompatible with principia?

Read the post that is literally right above yours. No, Extrasolar is not compatible with Principia.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, hanhan658 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Oh no, I have all the dependencies, but only the EVE is working, not the scatter. And yes I have all the dependencies. But where should the log be?

Can you show me your GameData folder? Output log should be in Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

Hi,

first of all thank you for making this mod. I'm looking forward to the experience. I was wondering however, after installing it on KSP v1.4.1, it doesn't seem to work. When I start up the game, the Kerbin atmosphere is black (instead of blue) and - after looking around in the tracking station and tabbing like crazy - I can't find the Valentine system anywhere. So my questions are:

- does this mod work with 1.4.1?

- does it work when using it with an existing save?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Maxxe said:

Hi,

first of all thank you for making this mod. I'm looking forward to the experience. I was wondering however, after installing it on KSP v1.4.1, it doesn't seem to work. When I start up the game, the Kerbin atmosphere is black (instead of blue) and - after looking around in the tracking station and tabbing like crazy - I can't find the Valentine system anywhere. So my questions are:

- does this mod work with 1.4.1?

- does it work when using it with an existing save?

Thanks again!

Extrasolar, as well as every single planet pack, does not work with 1.4. Kopernicus hasn't been updated to 1.4 yet, so no planet pack will work with 1.4 at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.3.2018 at 9:19 PM, hanhan658 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Oh no, I have all the dependencies, but only the EVE is working, not the scatter. And yes I have all the dependencies. But where should the log be?

i have the same problem... scatterer sunflares are only appearing on the sun and not on valentine (it has no flares at all). The strange thing is, that i tried it with a fresh install of 1.3.1, with only sve, scatterer, kopernicus and your mod (with dependencies and installed manually). @AndrewDrawsPrettyPicturesCould it be that scatterer or kopernicus had some updates which messes up your config files? sunflares do solely come from scatterer right?

Edited by Dark Necrotic

14 hours ago, Dark Necrotic said:

i have the same problem... scatterer sunflares are only appearing on the sun and not on valentine (it has no flares at all). The strange thing is, that i tried it with a fresh install of 1.3.1, with only sve, scatterer, kopernicus and your mod (with dependencies and installed manually). @AndrewDrawsPrettyPicturesCould it be that scatterer or kopernicus had some updates which messes up your config files? sunflares do solely come from scatterer right?

What version of scatterer are you using? Make sure you aren't using the one for 1.4.1.

4 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

What version of scatterer are you using? Make sure you aren't using the one for 1.4.1.

I am using the one provided by ckan... it says it's providing v.0.0324 and on github it says, that that's the version for 1.3.1.

After a bit of testing, I found out that scatterer is not the problem... i have a fresh install here and I added the following mods via ckan in addition to your mod (which of course I installed manually)

- Community Terrain Texture Pack (v.1.0.1)

- Kopernicus (v.1.3.1-7)

- Modular Flight Integrator and Modulemanager for Kopernicus

- Scatterer (v.0.0324)

- EVE  with  the standard config files

(with this configuration everything is working as intended)

but if I install Stock Visual Enhancements (SVE), valentines sunflare dissappears... just wanted to let you know, what I found after my testing. :wink:

I also got the same scatterer problem when running SVE and Extrasolar on KSP.x86_64 on linux, which had me confounded for a long time. it seemed like Extrasolar's config simply wasn't being picked up by Scatterer at all.

I rolled back to an old backup and installed EVE and scatterer only, but this time I left out Stock Visual Enhancements. This fixed the problem, and now I have scatterer working for Extrasolar \o/.

I suspect some sort of modulemanager conflict.

(ps. Is Valentine supposed to have a sun flare visible from kerbin btw? I think I saw that in older versions, but haven't spotted it yet in the new. Is this correct behavior now, or am I just looking at the wrong part of the sky?  )

11 minutes ago, Kim Bruning said:

I also got the same scatterer problem when running SVE and Extrasolar on KSP.x86_64 on linux, which had me confounded for a long time. it seemed like Extrasolar's config simply wasn't being picked up by Scatterer at all.

I rolled back to an old backup and installed EVE and scatterer only, but this time I left out Stock Visual Enhancements. This fixed the problem, and now I have scatterer working for Extrasolar \o/.

I suspect some sort of modulemanager conflict.

(ps. Is Valentine supposed to have a sun flare visible from kerbin btw? I think I saw that in older versions, but haven't spotted it yet in the new. Is this correct behavior now, or am I just looking at the wrong part of the sky?  )

Yeah SVE doesn't work with Extrasolar now. If I muster up the motivation I'll update this. You are right in saying that Valentine's flare used to be visible. This isn't the case anymore, so you are fine.

15 hours ago, EndTraveler said:

Help! the planets are not showing up :(

Are you trying to use this with 1.4.1? Please check the version that mods are compatible with before trying to use them.