Gravity too high on the mun when on EVA.

Hello,

I am on 1.0.5 and the in the present safe game the gravity on the mun is too high when on EVA.

The Kerbals walk real slow, can't jump as high as they should on the mun and the jetpack thrust is not enough to lift them off the ground.

The gravity seems to be ok for everything but a Kerbal on EVA. A rover on the mun has the normal driving characteristics. However, there seems to be at least some effect on other landed spacecraft in that they are more flimsy. There is a supply ship that had landed a bit rough near my base. It lied on its side but was otherwise fine. When the bug hit, it caused it to fall into several pieces.

I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with any mods I have installed. 

Has anyone encountered this before?

• 9 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 5:31 PM, dhotmes said:

Hello,

I am on 1.0.5 and the in the present safe game the gravity on the mun is too high when on EVA.

The Kerbals walk real slow, can't jump as high as they should on the mun and the jetpack thrust is not enough to lift them off the ground.

The gravity seems to be ok for everything but a Kerbal on EVA. A rover on the mun has the normal driving characteristics. However, there seems to be at least some effect on other landed spacecraft in that they are more flimsy. There is a supply ship that had landed a bit rough near my base. It lied on its side but was otherwise fine. When the bug hit, it caused it to fall into several pieces.

I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with any mods I have installed. 

Has anyone encountered this before?

I'm on version 1.2.1 and have the same problem!

-

Nevermind... After some Googling, I found the culprit. I'm using KIS/KAS and my backpack was full. After emtying out my personal inventory all was back to normal.
- How stupid am I... Of course, the gravity affects me (my kerbal) hauling four 24-77 "Twitch" engines + 3 extra EVA tanks probably would effect me :huh:

Edited by wadena
Solved!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.