[WIP] [Kopernicus] [1.0.4+] Proksolar System

JebKeb

So, now that my forum account is working, I thought it would be a good time to actually complete one of my mods.

Proksolar will be a brown dwarf with a huge assortment of planets. I'll make a list here.

• Proksolar itself
  • Ablatus (very close core of planet)
  • Ikulna (lava world with a thin but high pressure atmosphere and mountains sticking into space
  • Ikulna 2 (name not certain, binary twin with Ikulna, has very deep holes
  • Kaia (ocean world with soaring mountains with rings of snow, not snow all the way up?!)
  • Ada (slighty inclined dense small moon of kaia)
  • TinyAsteroid(near escaping asteroid of kaia)
  • Dres-place (except with big craters and snow at the polar craters.)
  • Ringdancer (a crazy little asteroid that crossed the orbit of YellowGasGiant and Kaia)
  • YellowGasGiant
  • LavaWorld (an atmosphereless moon with huge lava lakes. Orbits inside a small ring around YGG)
  • OxygenCanyons (a moon of YGG with deep canyons and in there a thin oxygen atmosphere. Also leaves a ring)
  • Kearthea (ruddy ice world with craggy mountains and oxygen AGAIN!)
  • Blutonius (a suspicious ball of blue in orbit around Kearthea)
  • PurpleGasGiant
  • GrazingAsteroid (An asteroid that grazes the atmosphere of PGG, but is boosted back up by TitanMoon
  • TitanMoon (Like Ikulna, only with green oceans and lower temperatures and no huge plateus)
  • PlateueyPlace (a grey ball like minimus, only flatter on the plateus
  • FinalPlanet (the farthest planet with huge polar craters filled with ice

I am sorry about no pics.

A bit of history on the mod: I thought out this mod in mid 2015 and have never really gotten around or known how to do it. 

I am planning to release alpha 0.1 on spacedock with a fully completed Proksolar with no planets. I'm going to also put it in Addon releases when it hits 0.9 beta, to iron out the bugs and hopefully release a featurefull?! bugfree mod for KSP

I'm sorry about the messiness and weirdness of the layout of this thread; I haven't written threads in ages. Hopefully the release thread looks a bit nicer.

I'll keep this thread thoroughly updated with pics and questions and maybe even answers.

Thanks,

JebKeb

P.S. I'm working on a banner

Edited by JebKeb

Thanks for the offer for naming. I'll ask later, because I have some more technical problems.

So...it appears that my planet loves the colour pink. It refuses to spawn if it has a ScaledVersion{} texture module in the config file. And if I don't have it, like using VertexColorMap{} it continues to blare it's pinkness. I've had this problem for quite a while. So, here's some useful information that may be helpful.

Spoiler

Config file

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
Body
{
name = Proksolar
flightGlobalsIndex = 900
Properties
{
description = I am a brown dwarf. Be afraid.
radius = 10000000
rotationPeriod = 50000
geeASL = 5
timewarpAlitudeLimits = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Sun
semiMajorAxis = 14000000000
inclination = 134
eccentricity = 0.25
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 54
argumentOfPeriapsis = 125
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 258
epoch = 10
color = 1,1,1,1
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
color = Proksolar/Textures/Proksolar_color
}
}
}

}
Spoiler

Log file from Logs folder

//=============================================================================================================//
//=====  Kopernicus 0.6.3 - (BuildDate: 28.12.2015 21:38:22; AssemblyHash: BsuysXszhzyhhG1by6WXtri2dUw=)  =====//
//=============================================================================================================//
[LOG 17:03:18]: Logger "Proksolar.Body" was created
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target name in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (System.String)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target Template in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.TemplateLoader)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target cacheFile in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (System.String)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target cbNameLater in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (System.String)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target flightGlobalsIndex in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Int32])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target finalizeOrbit in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target Properties in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target description in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (System.String)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target radius in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target geeASL in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target mass in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target gravParameter in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target rotates in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target rotationPeriod in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target tidallyLocked in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target initialRotation in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target inverseRotThresholdAltitude in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target albedo in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target emissivity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target coreTemperatureOffset in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target isHomeWorld in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target timewarpAltitudeLimits in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericCollectionParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target sphereOfInfluence in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target hillSphere in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target solarRotationPeriod in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target navballSwitchRadiusMult in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target ScienceValues in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScienceValuesLoader)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target biomeMap in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.MapSOParser_RGB`1[CBAttributeMapSO])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target useTheInName in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target selectable in (Kopernicus.Configuration.PropertiesLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Via surface G, set gravParam to 4.905E+15, mass to 7.34941564279293E+25
[LOG 17:03:18]: --------- Science Values ------------
[LOG 17:03:18]: LandedDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: SplashedDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: FlyingLowDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: FlyingHighDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: InSpaceLowDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: InSpaceHighDataValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: RecoveryValue = 1
[LOG 17:03:18]: flyingAltitudeThreshold = 18000
[LOG 17:03:18]: spaceAltitudeThreshold = 250000
[LOG 17:03:18]: --------------------------------------
[LOG 17:03:18]: Added Progress Tree
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target Orbit in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target referenceBody in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (System.String)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target inclination in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target eccentricity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target semiMajorAxis in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target longitudeOfAscendingNode in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target argumentOfPeriapsis in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target meanAnomalyAtEpoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target meanAnomalyAtEpochD in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target epoch in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target color in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ColorParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target mode in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.EnumParser`1[OrbitRenderer+DrawMode])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target icon in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.EnumParser`1[OrbitRenderer+DrawIcons])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target cameraSmaRatioBounds in (Kopernicus.Configuration.OrbitLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericCollectionParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target ScaledVersion in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledVersionLoader)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target type in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledVersionLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.EnumParser`1[Kopernicus.Configuration.BodyType])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target color in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ColorParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target specular in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ColorParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target shininess in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target texture in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.Texture2DParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target normals in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.Texture2DParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target resources in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.Texture2DParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target rimPower in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target rimBlend in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Single])
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target rimColorRamp in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.Texture2DParser)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Parsing Target Gradient in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.Gradient)
[LOG 17:03:18]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledVersionLoader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.Apply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode (System.Type type, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Thanks for helping and helping me tackle this problem.

25ip3ro.png

OK, well the atmosphere looks odd but that should be fixable.

Also, I'm having problems with the atmosphere. In all of the mods I've tried to make it refuses to go above 0.01atm. Any reasons why?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm only having Proksolar in the first alpha release. Also, I'll get paint.net for the textures. If they never turn out well, I'll choose a texturer.

I'm going to be gone until the 28th, so don't expect any responses soon.

Cya!

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! I've really forgotten about this place!

I'll try and get Proksolar for 1.0.5 running. (That's sad, I got no help and the version switched over :()

I'll boot it up, find the bugs and try to fix 'em.

• 3 weeks later...