Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Looking forward to trying out the Kethane plug-in. I only saw it a few days ago and it looks like it'll be really fun to mess with. I'm kinda wondering if something like it will eventually be incorporated into the game as stock.

Looking forward to trying out the Kethane plug-in. I only saw it a few days ago and it looks like it'll be really fun to mess with. I'm kinda wondering if something like it will eventually be incorporated into the game as stock.

Lets hope I geuss, thx for compliment :)

Amazing plugin/mod - as expected. The sensor is a bit of a diva to place but thats cool :).

Are the survey characteristics of the sensor similar to ISA? Currently I'm orbitting Kerbin and it seems to be working OK at 10x.

Amazing plugin/mod - as expected. The sensor is a bit of a diva to place but thats cool :).

Are the survey characteristics of the sensor similar to ISA? Currently I'm orbitting Kerbin and it seems to be working OK at 10x.

Yeap it is. And sensor is made to fit along with my satellite pack :)

Allright, now i got what i belive is a real bug.

My (new) kethane lander consists of a converter, controll chip, 2 drills, 1 pump, 1 sensor, 1 MMI liquid engine, 1 MMI landing gear and 4 external kethane tanks.

And i i try to just launch that lander, it shakes violently and spims out of controll.

And if i put it on top of a very basic rocket, everything shakes violently, and not even mechjeb can keep it straight, after a while it just dislodges and flies away

Edited by maxsil

My (new) kethane lander consists of a converter, controll chip, 2 drills, 1 pump, 1 sensor, 1 MMI liquid engine, 1 MMI landing gear and 4 external kethane tanks.

And i i try to just launch that lander, it shakes violently and spims out of controll.

And if i put it on top of a very basic rocket, everything shakes violently, and not even mechjeb can keep it straight, after a while it just dislodges and flies away

could you please post craftfile? so I can look at it? Or make a screenshot. I will start replicating.

This Design worked for me (KW Parts, MJ & MMI)

http://www./?9vg1a0cpx9aj62d

Here you go, it includes the craft file and a list of my mods an plugins

EDIT, problem seems to be with landing legs, the wobbling stopped when i removed them, but now i can't land

When you wrote the text I already knew what the problem was, but just wanted to be sure. This isn't a bug on our side but general physics engine of KSP.

What you did is the following:

You blocked the landing engines with: Pump, Miner & External gas tanks. You need to give parts free room to move (specially landing engines). The solution: Move everything a bit up and don't let them block the movement of landing legs. Also note that kethane gas tank doesn't make the liquid fuel engine run. And kethane gas tank is empty.... so you are able to mine gas.

I will note this in the satellite pack known issues and fixes.

I think I will have tons of fun with this mod:

CpvPq.jpg

tycVp.jpg

Something I noticed during my (confused) test flight:

LvQJD.jpg

Is this map orientation intentional? (yup flipped)

Edited by jfx

Thumbs up for this addons they are great... sow far this is the cleanes beta test addon I have play. I only got one sugestion for the Kethane location map... can u guis add on mouse over the map the cordanates, or someting similar to MechJeb autopilot landing wen u select were u whant to land? :)

Regarding Map:

We are fully aware of that. It gives you coordinates of its last know scan. Thats what you have to work with atm. We will improve on this, but until then you have to do with this. We called this a Beta for a reason.

10x doesn't give you more acurate data, the faster you go the less acurate. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Thumbs up for this addons they are great... sow far this is the cleanes beta test addon I have play. I only got one sugestion for the Kethane location map... can u guis add on mouse over the map the cordanates, or someting similar to MechJeb autopilot landing wen u select were u whant to land? :)

I don't know if its possible but the best way to solve this is if you could use a transparent colored overlay over the planets textures on the map view. (which we can switch on and off)

Check know Issues & Fixes for all your problem.

Regarding Detection mode... there are 2 "modes" - detecting noting, or detecting kethane. Note that Kerbin has very few Kethane Gas pockets. Go to the moon or ninmus and do a few orbits and you will detect something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.