Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

For those of you who are as impatient as I am when it comes to detecting kethane, here's a piece of advice:

1. download cheatengine

2. select ksp.exe process

3. enable speedhack and put to 5x or 10x (or even higher if your computer can handle it)

4. start the sensor ingame, put timewarp on 10x

5. ?????

6. PROFIT!

No guarantee for the integrity of your hardware and game files! ;-)

Edit: Finished rough detection of kethane on mun in ~20 mins

Is there any way to read coordinates from a map apart from the last detection ones? The only 2 options I can think of now is either guessing or using some sort of image grid outside of the game

Edited by bimbo0099

For those of you who are as impatient as I am when it comes to detecting kethane, here's a piece of advice:

1. download cheatengine

2. select ksp.exe process

3. enable speedhack and put to 5x or 10x (or even higher if your computer can handle it)

4. start the sensor ingame, put timewarp on 10x

5. ?????

6. PROFIT!

No guarantee for the integrity of your hardware and game files! ;-)

Edit: Finished rough detection of kethane on mun in ~20 mins

Is there any way to read coordinates from a map apart from the last detection ones? The only 2 options I can think of now is either guessing or using some sort of image grid outside of the game

I've stated it already a couple of times, this is still beta.

Upcomming version will have a vast improved interface, making it easy to get to your kethane pockets.

No offense meant. I just started using this mod and I am still trying to get a grip on the vast possibilities this offers. I just thought some experienced user might have some advice for me. ;-)

Take your time with the full release, better get it done right than release it prematurely!

i'm just wondering but....

when extra planets will be released, how ill Kethane work, will you only find them on moons or in some planets...and in different forms?

Nova downloaded the mod and used it in .17 already (we don't have any acces to that fyi) and it seemed to be working on that already. And every moon/planet will have kethane some way or another.

Nova downloaded the mod and used it in .17 already (we don't have any acces to that fyi) and it seemed to be working on that already. And every moon/planet will have kethane some way or another.

if so i would suggest the following

Moho-impossible to land

Eve-rare

Duna-uncommon

Jool-common on atmosphere

Laythe-impossible to extract

Vall-uncommon

Kethane is common in all other moons

if so i would suggest the following

Moho-impossible to land

Eve-rare

Duna-uncommon

Jool-common on atmosphere

Laythe-impossible to extract

Vall-uncommon

Kethane is common in all other moons

We will likely take a easier aproch and let the plugin generate it randomly for every single time a new experience when you start a new game.

Since the Kethane map is deleted every time I restart KSP, I don't find any benefit to putting up mapping sattellites. I just fly over a planet and when I hear the sound, I slam on the brakes, figuratively speaking.

Is there any way to persist the map so it remains filled in after restarting KSP, like in the mapsat mod?

I also agree with nova, an atmosphere scoop part is the best option for "mining" Jool, and I think it add something really interesting do do with the gas giant.

Moreover, I don't think it really difficult to implement, simplified ex : IF planet = JOOL and altitude < minimumaltitudeformining THEN startmining

It's also possible to made the mining speed related to the altitude (gas is more concentrated), so it will be more fast to go deep, but more dangerous. I like the challenge :)

It's generally considered RUDE to tell programmers that implementing some feature will be simple.

I take it that by restart you mean "delete the save file"? In that case you could always just end all your flights and remove your debris, unless you absolutely can't be arsed to do that.

No, I mean when I exit and re-open the program. I'm not deleting my persistence file.

the mapped satellites are saved in PluginData/mmi_kethane. takes some manual work but i just copy and rename the map files after closing KSP. if it tries to reset the maps, i have something to counter that. until it's patched, there's not much else you can do

the mapped satellites are saved in PluginData/mmi_kethane. takes some manual work but i just copy and rename the map files after closing KSP. if it tries to reset the maps, i have something to counter that. until it's patched, there's not much else you can do

Ah thank you. I didn't know it even attempted to save them! this is much better :)

We are aware of the bug but it is sporadic. For me it stays and doesn't get removed and so it is for others. We hope to fix this issue with upcomming version.

If it helps, this tends to occur whenever my kethane detection "goes silent".

The behavior is strange. If detection is on and the sound is enabled, the little tick bar will fill up and stop. and the text will say no signal. However, if the sound is disabled, the tick bar will tick at 1x speed, and write to the map. (in either case no sound is produced) When the kethane system gets stuck in this mode, no kethane can be gotten from the miners. Also, in this state, the kethane detector can log points to the map at the 1x rate despite the 10x time warp. In fact it appears to log a point to the map every frame, but it's hard to tell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.