Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

I did just convert Kethane to fuel for the first time, and it seems to give you more fuel mass than the mass of the used Kethane for me, can anyone confirm this?

Depending on the conversion process, this could entirely legit. :). Of course could be a bug. Ive never been able to get enough parts in the one place to actually convert any K!

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy using your parts.

Even the discontinued Satellitepack. It allowed me to build some versatile transport ships, outposts, space stations, a variety of probes, and even send a poor kerbal to an apoapsis of 290'000'000km (still on his way, a little under 3 years to go...).

So, for all your hard work, thank you.

Guest butt head
Ping-ed-ly I scan along.

-snip-

SO THATS how you do it.... i dont think ANY spawned on minmus for me ill dig up an image

ATTACH]
Edited by butt head
added image

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy using your parts.

Even the discontinued Satellitepack. It allowed me to build some versatile transport ships, outposts, space stations, a variety of probes, and even send a poor kerbal to an apoapsis of 290'000'000km (still on his way, a little under 3 years to go...).

So, for all your hard work, thank you.

The last image,the third spaceflight LOL

Great Mod, I do have one small issue however. Mapping takes time, and putting the game on fast forward stops the mod from mapping minmus, this isn't a big issue because you can usually find a reasonable kethane pocket in one full orbit.

Also extracting, converting and pumping kethane to another craft takes a lot of time. I understand real time conversions would be slow, but right now I have to put the game in the background on single speed and do something else for about 10 minutes before any conversion/transfer is fully done. I think upping the speed will increase playability.

Or somehow allowing it to keep going when not the active craft. (Perhaps by a catching up maneuver after switching back to the craft, you know you were pumping, you know the mission time at that point, when you are unpacked you maybe can extract the amount of kethane that would have been extracted/converted/transferred in the players absense)

Great Mod, I do have one small issue however. Mapping takes time, and putting the game on fast forward stops the mod from mapping minmus, this isn't a big issue because you can usually find a reasonable kethane pocket in one full orbit.

Also extracting, converting and pumping kethane to another craft takes a lot of time. I understand real time conversions would be slow, but right now I have to put the game in the background on single speed and do something else for about 10 minutes before any conversion/transfer is fully done. I think upping the speed will increase playability.

Or somehow allowing it to keep going when not the active craft. (Perhaps by a catching up maneuver after switching back to the craft, you know you were pumping, you know the mission time at that point, when you are unpacked you maybe can extract the amount of kethane that would have been extracted/converted/transferred in the players absense)

you can map up to 10x warp.

I know but even then full map takes the better part of a day. The real "issue" however is the pumping/extracting/converting. It all works well but waiting for tanks to fill is a bit of a bore. Reducing that time would increase the fun.

"There is a possibility that the Kethane Scanner & ISAmapsat & Mechjeb are interfering with eachother and making the game unplayable. (This doesn't seem to be a issue of plugin but the game itself)"

Does that mean you can't have mechjeb and the kethane scanner? damnit. Can other people confirm it doesn't work with mechjeb?

EDIT:

I just had kethane readings right when I turned on the isa mapsat window

Edited by scratch

I've seen a few videos of this mod and it seems very nice, I will consider getting it when my full version arrives :D

You totally should :) I'm having hours of fun with this :P Last big project was a huge hauler that brought a few tons of kethane from the mun back to kerbin. I used smaller miner crafts to extract the kethane and rendezvous with the hauler.

Does that mean you can't have mechjeb and the kethane scanner? damnit. Can other people confirm it doesn't work with mechjeb?

I can confirm it works. I don't know what other people are seeing. But I never leave Kerbin without mechjeb, and I have not noticed problems with any of the kethane components. I've been scanning, extracting, converting and pumping.

Maybe it's some feature I'm missing, while scanning I just wait untill it gets a signature, then I copy the last found coordinates unto a bit of paper, and use that to land miners on the exact spot with mechjeb.

Hey Guys,

Thx for the support on many levels, if I missed anything you need a answer too then please ask again. Freelancing takes a lot of time from me. Currently I'm in a "gap" again and will start working on Kethane again.

Regarding Mechjeb, Kethane and ISA... its something we can't replicate and is non-consistant trough all users. So we don't know the exact problem either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.