Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

A little question...

Will you keep developing the satellite pack, but together with the kethane/payload pack? Or will you COMPLETELY abandon it?

I was really excited to use the new parts of it... :|

Just a few elements of satellite pack will be gone, but a large majority go to somebody else. All solar panels and stuff that has to deal with electricity go to Kreuzung's Energy Plugin.

Another large part will be found back at the kethane pack with upcoming update, after that I will abandon satellite pack. But don't worry, you won't miss much.

seriously im kind of angry at you for sucking up so much of my time, this mod is so well done and its in such an early stage.

PS question; does anyone have a known setup that works with solar panels + batteries + ion engine?

See my text above, it still has to be released.

Can you give us a little tutorial how to find Kethane? Or can you add it that groundminers are able to find Kethane with the Sensor too? Thanks! :)

1.) Construct a craft and attach ONE (!) 'Kethane Controller' plus a 'Kethane Detector'

2.) On the launchpad, activate the 'Kethane Detector' via the Menu in the upper right

3.) Lauch the craft in a polar orbit (Inclination +/- 90°), that means you tilt your craft to the north/south so you orbit over both poles for best result.

4.) If done correctly, you will have an orbit which will give you a very nice search pattern because of the rotation of the planet (example me orbiting the mun in the attached files; green spots are kethane pockets).

5.) Go to 5x/10x Time acceleration to shorten the duration of the search, once you get a signal, be proud of yourself.

(NOTE: Do NOT expect kethane pockets at the same locations as I found them on the Mun. Their position depends on the "Deposit.dat" file in your "PluginData\MMI_Kethane" folder.)

im sure satelit pack gonna be good with Kreuzung's Energy Plugin... sory didnt get response before but can we configure another part to act as sensor ? or how can we make it smaller? like isa map sat's dish...rescalefactor works on it? current model is cool but little big for me :P it says ''medium sensor'' is there any small version of this at next update i wonder ? :)

Edited by ashrutoraman

Just wanted to share a couple pics from some rovers and landers ive made for fun with this mod :)

Giant Mun KethDrill

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32376[/ATTACH]

Kerbin Kethane Mining Truck

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32377[/ATTACH]

Kerbin Kethane Station and Truck

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32378[/ATTACH]

Hi. Nice mod. To me though, it looks like the map drawn in the detecting pane is upside down. I have ISA MapSat running too, and notice that my tracks are running in opposite directions on the two maps, and that when ISA shows the ship position in the northern hemisphere, the map in the Kethane detecting pane show a position in the southern hemisphere. Sorry if this is a known issue, but it doesn't seem to be listed in the known issues in the OP.

Edit. I think the E/W axis is correct, but the N/S axis doesn't seem to be. Of course, I could be misunderstanding something, as I've only had my Kethane detector in Munar orbit over night. It was easier to spot the new track content being generated on a blank map than it is now that the map has significant content.

Edited by fnordianslip

Hi. Nice mod. To me though, it looks like the map drawn in the detecting pane is upside down. I have ISA MapSat running too, and notice that my tracks are running in opposite directions on the two maps, and that when ISA shows the ship position in the northern hemisphere, the map in the Kethane detecting pane show a position in the southern hemisphere. Sorry if this is a known issue, but it doesn't seem to be listed in the known issues in the OP.

Edit. I think the E/W axis is correct, but the N/S axis doesn't seem to be. Of course, I could be misunderstanding something, as I've only had my Kethane detector in Munar orbit over night. It was easier to spot the new track content being generated on a blank map than it is now that the map has significant content.

That's a known bug which will be fixed in the next release.

I took a look at the source code and added maybe four lines of code and am now able to refuel empty fuel and RCS tanks. I hit a bit of a hitch trying to make the RCS thrusters recognize that there is now fuel if the vehicle is completely drained though. It works if you convert some kethane to RCS fuel, quicksave then quickload, or convert upon loading the vehicle before using rcs.

Would you devs like to cooperate on this issue?

Edited by mrenigma03

Hi, The kethane pack seems to be making mechjeb completely unusable. I can't even launch rockets with both of them on because for some reason it randomly flips axises and makes different control types act against eachother making controlling the rocket almost impossible even if mechjeb isn't running on the craft.

Hi, The kethane pack seems to be making mechjeb completely unusable. I can't even launch rockets with both of them on because for some reason it randomly flips axises and makes different control types act against eachother making controlling the rocket almost impossible even if mechjeb isn't running on the craft.

No problem with Mechjeb+Kethane for me (Windows 7 64bit)... Are you running KSP on a Mac?

Nope, win7 64 bit. It randomly reverses axises of control even without mechjeb enabled, making it impossible, and randomly makes control surfaces (rcs, fins, etc) work against eachother. Makes landing and launching and doing burns in orbit basically impossible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.